Sylvester201

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Ok everybody, let's take a little break from the madness of Cherryville politics and ever so slight mischief from our law enforcement. I want to ask all responders to this entry one question. No answer will be right or wrong, but an comment about your answer will be appreciated. Ok....What do you think was the most influential single act of the 20th century. I will offer my answer first. I truly believe it was the assassination of Austrian Prince Franz Ferdinand in Serjaevo Yougoslavia in 1914. One or two billets started WWI. Without that... There would be no rise of power of the Nazi Party, witch led to the development of atomic weapons.rw
Alfred E Newman

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

The problem with a stream of time is that any one event, if it did not happen, could lead to a divergence. It is like saying which switch on a rail line is the most important or which interchange on a highway.

But if I were to pick one I would say it was the decision of the commander of the Japanese fleet at the attack of Pearl Harbor that decided he had inflicted enough damage on the Americans and headed the fleet home with out destroying one of the key objectives of the attack, the American aircraft carriers. This allowed the Americans to come back and win the war in the pacific and to defeat the Japanese. If he had destroyed our carriers the war may have been delayed so long that the Americans may have decided to concentrate on Europe and had allowed the Japanese to consolidate their power in the Pacific.

It would have been a world with out American influence in the Pacific.
Walkingyellowcat

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

"I think the world wars had the most impact" -I think that the fact Hitler became leader was the most changing thing in the 20th centur, because then it wouldn't have led on to the discrimination against the Jews, or even the World Wars might not have happened. You can really think whatever you like, because they are all linked together in someway or another. Even the space race was tied in with Hitler becoming leader. If he hadnt have become leader, there mgiht have never been a WorldWar. As Hitler DID become there WAS a worldwar. And so the technology of that time was being produced and made quicker than ever, and so new ideas and technology came into place. Hence the first man on the moon. The first world war would have happened regardless of whether HItler came into power and what cause Hitler to come into power was the wall street crash which was when America's economy crashed. Germany had a loan from America so naturally, when America needed money they asked Germany for their money back, causing Germany's economy to crash, causing German's to panic and therefore electing Hitler.
Tweety

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

QUOTE who="Sylvester201"Ok everybody, let's take a little break from the madness of Cherryville politics and ever so slight mischief from our law enforcement.
What kind of change of pace is this suppose to be? Don't talk about the war in Cherryville, but talk about the other wars? I don't get it.
dorky1

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Tweety wrote:
QUOTE who="Sylvester201"Ok everybody, let's take a little break from the madness of Cherryville politics and ever so slight mischief from our law enforcement.
What kind of change of pace is this suppose to be? Don't talk about the war in Cherryville, but talk about the other wars? I don't get it.
They can't find any"one" else to talk talk about. Therefore, they have to bring up the past, "OUR" history. Just like reporters on television tell where you can find, how to build a bomb out of a pressure cooker. Some people like to pour salt in old wounds! The more you stir in it, the deeper it gets. You know exactly what I am talking about stirring? We can't help what our ancestors have done in the past or what anyone does now, whether German, French, Japanese, whoever. There is no mischief in Cherryville; nothing wrong with the police department. It is peaceful now and I pray it remains that way and I wish for peace all over the world, BUT as long as there are those that keep pooring salt in old wounds, there will always be fueds.
Alfred E Newman

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Tweety wrote:
If you believe that there is no problem in Cherryville as far as the ingrained established good ole boys that run it then you are blind, deaf and "stupid". The thing is though is that this post is not about Cherryville and its problems and to concentrate on something different and new. The question is "What in history if it had not happened or happened do you feel is the most important event of the 20th century?" And you get all pissy about calling Cherryville a place with problems. Of course Cherryville has problems! get over it.
dorky1

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Alfred E Newman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that there is no problem in Cherryville as far as the ingrained established good ole boys that run it then you are blind, deaf and "stupid". The thing is though is that this post is not about Cherryville and its problems and to concentrate on something different and new. The question is "What in history if it had not happened or happened do you feel is the most important event of the 20th century?" And you get all pissy about calling Cherryville a place with problems. Of course Cherryville has problems! get over it.
Well, if you think I am blind and stupid, what are you? I will explain you; you are evil and vindictive and love trouble. Why don't you look in the mirror to see your real self and see how stupid you look and ask that person that you see, to take your evil out of your heart. As for the "Good Old Boys", as you say....why don't you just tell who you are referring to. As for me being blind and stupid per your comment; you aren't very smart otherwise you would know who I am. Cherryville does have problems and the biggest one is you! INFANTILE!! All you know is to call names and say bad things about something you start, honey. You started out by commenting about Cherryville in your most derogetory manor, like always.....if you you know what I mean.
dorky1

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Sylvester201 wrote:
Ok everybody, let's take a little break from the madness of Cherryville politics and ever so slight mischief from our law enforcement. I want to ask all responders to this entry one question. No answer will be right or wrong, but an comment about your answer will be appreciated. Ok....What do you think was the most influential single act of the 20th century. I will offer my answer first. I truly believe it was the assassination of Austrian Prince Franz Ferdinand in Serjaevo Yougoslavia in 1914. One or two billets started WWI. Without that... There would be no rise of power of the Nazi Party, witch led to the development of atomic weapons.rw
PS....I am not everybody, I am me. Communism.....when you can speak your mind and say how you feel, but nobody else is suppose to? Must be a lot around huh?
dorky1

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Alfred E Newman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, it sounds as though you are getting "all pissy" and now you can get over it too. Better yet, go soak your head in it. Only being funny. I like a good laugh once in a while, this is why I read this forum.
Alfred E Newman

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

dorky is a good name for you. LOL
dorky1

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Alfred E Newman wrote:
Here we go with name calling, ALFRED! You can't even be CIVIL and you want to make fun of something/someone, quit using extra words in your posts. INFINTILE!
dorky1

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Alfred E Newman wrote:
Excuse me Alfred and I am so terribly sorry, but it wasn't you who began this forum, it was Sylvester201. At least I know how to appologize, unlike some. You and he are almost always on the same track.....degrading our officials, our law enforcement, etc. What is it that we don't know and you do? Just exactly who are the "Good Ol' Boys" and who are the bad ones? I assumed they got all the bad ones out.
Former What

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Alfred for city Council!
Now that's funny!
dorky1

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Former What wrote:
Alfred for city Council!
Now that's funny!
Neverrrrr, he likes to run Cherryville into the ground and find fault with everyone and what everyone does; has a big nose problem. He who without sin cast the first stone.
Alfred E Newman

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

dorky you like to ignore the problem and do nothing about them. I would even bet that you are upset about the investigations because you have something to hide. Why not expose everything to the light of day so everyone can see it? Why would it upset you? Come on dorky you are either one of the ones already caught or you are afraid of being caught.
Alfred E Newman

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

dorky1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go with name calling, ALFRED! You can't even be CIVIL and you want to make fun of something/someone, quit using extra words in your posts. INFINTILE!
Using extra words in my posts? What is the problem dorky? Have to get out the dictionary too much? BTW infantile was misspelled.
Sylvester201

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

DADGUMMIT I was just trying to ask a simple yet intriguing question which had neither a right or wrong answer. Yes, this town has had it's name dragged thru the mud a lot. But there is still a lot I love about this town. It has been my home for 43 years. Let's imagine we all lived in Charlotte and had to deal with their day to day lives. We actually have it made here, for the time being. To Alfred E. Newman...( what...me worry), the Japanese failure to destroy our carrier fleet had a HUGE impact on the outcome of the war. What I have pondered for a long time is did FDR know ahead of time. Churchill certainly did, and his desperation to get the US into the war would provide motivation not to tell us.
Sylvester201

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

To Tweety, most of the post concerning Cherryville has dealt with what has happened over the course of the last year or so. When I said "everybody", I was only referring to those who regularly make posts on this site. I was only trying to get opinions from others about things that have influenced our country over the last century. I like this site and was just trying to get people's opinion. Thank you.
dorky1

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Alfred E Newman wrote:
<quoted text>
Using extra words in my posts? What is the problem dorky? Have to get out the dictionary too much? BTW infantile was misspelled.
Thank for the correction! Yah, I stay up all night, like you, looking up words in the dictionary? You don't like what goes on in this town or anyone in it. I don't have anything to hide, like you. You accuse someone else of hiding something, when all the time, it must be you; you are the only one that ever accuses someone of hiding something. Typical; accuse someone else of doing something you are doing yourself.
Sylvester201

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

I reckon I have started something that had nothing to do with my original post. Sorry, everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cherryville Discussions

Search the Cherryville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Ben 56,609
NC woman charged with embezzlement 6 hr Josh 1
Matthew Beaver Tue Victim-Supporter 1
cmc lincoln sucks Jul 27 Joker 2
help me... Jul 27 Truth Seeker 7
City Lunch in Lincolnton, NC (Aug '13) Jul 26 Smitty Walker 21
Narcotics officers bust meth lab in Lincolnton Jul 25 Mick 1
•••
•••