Sandy Hook School Massacre

Posted in the Cherryvale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ban guns

Coffeyville, KS

#1 Dec 14, 2012
America is a gun-crazy nation and I HATE it.
Straw Man

Coffeyville, KS

#2 Dec 14, 2012
ban guns wrote:
America is a gun-crazy nation and I HATE it.
People kill people not guns. Now if they take everyones guns who will still have guns??? How will you defend yourself if a person breaks into your home?? Harsh language will probobly work. I am by no means "gun crazy" but I do keep a gun in my home just in case the harsh language idea dosnt pan out. A society who cant defend themselves are not governed they are ruled. Did you ever stop to wonder why there has never been another country invade our shores with ground troops? Guns keep the playing feild safe and fair in so many ways and you would leave us at the mercy of the criminals and our enimies. I wish you no harm and hope that you are never put into a position where you need a gun and dont have one.
wow

Coffeyville, KS

#3 Dec 15, 2012
What our Government needs to ban are computer games which our kids these days are subjected to and play all day. The more gory the games the more kids like them. What does this say about our society. You cannot ban guns. cars, knifes, pills and poisons. Its peoples mentality we need to change. Parents need to start parenting.
Stand Up

United States

#4 Dec 15, 2012
STOP with the gun control comments. Guns don't kill people.. Put God back in our schools and homes.. These senseless acts were not part of our lives growing up, when we said a prayer and the "PLEDGE" before classes each day!
oh well

United States

#9 Dec 16, 2012
Video Game Pro wrote:
<quoted text>
To use the gun excuse: Video games don't kill people---- people kill people.
NO!! it is the "culture of violence" that has been created and reinforced by Hollywood, and video games. THAT!!! Is what needs changed.
might add

Tonkawa, OK

#10 Dec 16, 2012
If there is a "culture of violence" I suggest the culture of violence has been reinforced by the NRA.

Since: Sep 12

Coffeyville, KS

#11 Dec 16, 2012
Stand Up wrote:
STOP with the gun control comments. Guns don't kill people.. Put God back in our schools and homes.. These senseless acts were not part of our lives growing up, when we said a prayer and the "PLEDGE" before classes each day!
I don't need a god to not kill people. The problem isn't guns, but it isn't superstitions either. The problem is lack of access to mental health care and ignoring the problems of bullied and abused kids until it's too late.
oh well

United States

#12 Dec 16, 2012
might add wrote:
If there is a "culture of violence" I suggest the culture of violence has been reinforced by the NRA.
And your suggestion is rejected. Unless you can cite one instance where the NRA has glorified violence of any sort. Whereas it can be shown thatr Hollywood and video games have.

Either you can admit where the problem lies or you can continue on a political agenda.

One more time...Show one instance of the NRA glamouirizing violence.
Dont be stupid

Talala, OK

#13 Dec 16, 2012
Gun Control, God in school, video games etc are all simple minded attempts at grasping a simple solution to a very complex problem. When will we focus on mental health and an ever sickening society? Until we stop the divisive bullshit and stop letting our so called news media get us to focus on simplistic crap, we will never solve this. Sure, if there we no guns that'd probably be great but that's as unrealistic as expecting all the drugs to disappear and end drug addiction. Wake up people. Stop being led and start thinking
Bob

Coffeyville, KS

#14 Dec 16, 2012
DC snipers used a .223 Bushmaster too. How many more innocents have to die? Ban assault weapons.
might add

Tonkawa, OK

#15 Dec 16, 2012
oh well wrote:
<quoted text>And your suggestion is rejected. Unless you can cite one instance where the NRA has glorified violence of any sort. Whereas it can be shown thatr Hollywood and video games have.
Either you can admit where the problem lies or you can continue on a political agenda.
One more time...Show one instance of the NRA glamouirizing violence.
First, I could give a rat's behind what you reject hot shot. My suggestion was for other readers with a little more sense than you show.

You used the word reinforced. You made no mention of anything being glorified or as you now put it glamourizingg. I made no mention of the word glorifying or glamaourizing in my comment. I simply made a suggestion that if there is a "culture of violence the NRA has been reinforcing it. Neither you or I made reference to glorifying or glaourizing anything. That was not the comment.
You seek to change to conversation and I will simply suggest again for other readers, not you, if there is a culture of violence the NRA has reinforced it. I have no interest in starting off on a new subject of glory and glamour in Hollywood and video games where you think the problem is.

It is the NRA with a political agenda.

One more time I said nothing about the NRA glamourizing anything. That is your new trip and I am not interested.
yeah sure

United States

#16 Dec 17, 2012
might add wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I could give a rat's behind what you reject hot shot. My suggestion was for other readers with a little more sense than you show.
You used the word reinforced. You made no mention of anything being glorified or as you now put it glamourizingg. I made no mention of the word glorifying or glamaourizing in my comment. I simply made a suggestion that if there is a "culture of violence the NRA has been reinforcing it. Neither you or I made reference to glorifying or glaourizing anything. That was not the comment.
You seek to change to conversation and I will simply suggest again for other readers, not you, if there is a culture of violence the NRA has reinforced it. I have no interest in starting off on a new subject of glory and glamour in Hollywood and video games where you think the problem is.
It is the NRA with a political agenda.
One more time I said nothing about the NRA glamourizing anything. That is your new trip and I am not interested.
Alright dumbazz. If you say something you better be able to back it up..I could care less about what you did not say. I replied to what you did say..Don't tell me you're taliking to someone else and not me..You put it on a public forum. Be prepared for a respnce from anybody.
You still not shown how the NRA "reinforces" a "culture of violence". You have only made an accusation, an unfounded one at that.
Now take that and shove it up your rats azz trippy.
Sam Colt

Coffeyville, KS

#17 Dec 17, 2012
Bob wrote:
DC snipers used a .223 Bushmaster too. How many more innocents have to die? Ban assault weapons.
Hey Simple, what exactly is an "assault weapon"? A knife? Ammonium Nitrate Fertilizer? or are you just worried about the .223 caliber round? If so, what makes the .223 an "assault weapon"? Does it just have to be mean looking with say a pistol style grip and painted black? Same caliber rifle can look like your common old deer rifle - except, you cant use it to shoot deer in Kansas because it is not lethal enough. Another question - How many .223 Bushmaster rifles or any gun for that matter, did Tim McVeigh use to kill and injure over 900 people??? Answer - ZERO. Are you beginning to see the idiocy of your point?? No, probably not. Hey I know, lets ban UHauls, 50 gal drums, fertilizer and Diesel fuel too. After that we can pass legislation issuing all citizens some fking common sense!
thinking

United States

#18 Dec 17, 2012
Dont be stupid wrote:
Gun Control, God in school, video games etc are all simple minded attempts at grasping a simple solution to a very complex problem. When will we focus on mental health and an ever sickening society? Until we stop the divisive bullshit and stop letting our so called news media get us to focus on simplistic crap, we will never solve this. Sure, if there we no guns that'd probably be great but that's as unrealistic as expecting all the drugs to disappear and end drug addiction. Wake up people. Stop being led and start thinking
Please explain your " ever sickening" society and what you think is causing this dilemna???
Dont be stupid

Talala, OK

#19 Dec 17, 2012
thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain your " ever sickening" society and what you think is causing this dilemna???
many things. To name a few, a society so greedy that two parents must work all the time just to get by bc corporations pay their workers pennies compared to what they Are worth, and bc people think they must have all the new consumer goods, they will sacrifice their kids to gain material things all the whole sinking deeper in debt. Debt causes household friction, divorce etc. A pharmaceutical culture that thinks its fine to dope kids up whith anti depressants bc they don't fit a mold. Majority of folks rarely see their kids bc they are too busy w their "lives" and they miss all the signs that point to things like this. A culture so obsessed w name brand crap that kids that can't afford it get tormented. Etc etc etc
B Nice

Parsons, KS

#20 Dec 17, 2012
The laws that we have should be enforced. I bought a gun legally to protect my family. Why not go after the people who obtain them illegally and maybe I would not need home protection. You cannot protect against nor prevent STUPID!
Beep

Coffeyville, KS

#21 Dec 17, 2012
If it was not a gun, it could have been a machete, it could have been an axe or a homemade bomb. The people who hijacked those planes on 9-11 and were responsible for the deaths of 3000 people were armed with box cutters and fake bombs.
Stricter gun laws is not the answer, because when evil shows up on your doorstep, what are you going to do? Throw a tomato at them?
Right now is the time to mourn the loss of 20 innocent babies and the teachers and principal who gave their lives trying to protect them.
This event brought the whole nation to its knees in heartbreak.
Lou

Coffeyville, KS

#22 Dec 17, 2012
Nancy Lanza was killed by her own guns. All you gun toting morons who think more guns is the solution remember this. Nancy Lanza would be alive right now if she didn't own guns and think shooting them was fun.
Wyatt

Coffeyville, KS

#23 Dec 18, 2012
We do not know that. He could have used a baseball bat and bludgeoned his mother to death, he could have stabbed her to death with a butcher knife, the point is, he was going to kill.
BTW, I am not a gun owner. I just know that one who is bent on murder does not need a gun in order to do so.
5back

Wichita, KS

#24 Dec 18, 2012
Lou wrote:
Nancy Lanza was killed by her own guns. All you gun toting morons who think more guns is the solution remember this. Nancy Lanza would be alive right now if she didn't own guns and think shooting them was fun.
How the hell do you know that? It would have been just as easy for this kid to have beaten her to death with his fists and I imagine it would be hard to stop someone from doing just that when they are enraged and feel no pain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City to purchase land for $250,000 9 hr no see too 17
1001 Reasons Donald Trump Sucks (Jul '16) 12 hr American Independent 34
Trump is the true anti-Christ 20 hr Snopes 44
IDR football picture 20 hr Crusher 12
When old is better 20 hr Tom 9
Pilgrims gave thanks 21 hr Alwysright 5
Trump Mob Ties...Seriously? (Jan '17) 21 hr Richard Banzet 8

Cherryvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance