Graffiti vandalizing Temecula's budget

Graffiti vandalizing Temecula's budget

There are 45 comments on the The Press-Enterprise story from Oct 12, 2008, titled Graffiti vandalizing Temecula's budget. In it, The Press-Enterprise reports that:

A surge in graffiti damage -- much of it gang-related -- has almost quadrupled Temecula's annual removal costs and triggered additional police patrols and questions over whether further steps are needed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Press-Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jake

Hemet, CA

#1 Oct 13, 2008
make it illegal 6 months sentance at least
sher

South Pasadena, CA

#2 Oct 18, 2008
Another example of the great progressive policies curtesy of temecula city council. Gee Thanks guys! Aren't you all sooo proud of making temecula just like lake elsinore hemet, moreno valley etc.. etc..
Candice

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Oct 20, 2008
This is a Lake Elsinore forum, why is Temecula being talked about here.
Tippers mom

San Bernardino, CA

#4 Oct 20, 2008
Well Candice, it's says it's a Murrieta forum at the top of my page.. I think it's just a general forum for the Inland Valleys.. It's also a Public forum, so anyone can comment about anything.. sorry you feel we are encroaching on your Turf..
Rob

United States

#5 Oct 23, 2008
sher wrote:
Gee Thanks guys! Aren't you all sooo proud of making temecula just like lake elsinore hemet, moreno valley etc.. etc..
Yeah, Like Temecula was ever above those cities. It's just a bunch of Orange County residents living beyond their means with latchkey kids causing trouble.
Rick

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Oct 26, 2008
We moved back here after being in Atlanta and Phoenix between 1996 & 2006. Enormous disappointment. Temecula Valley & French Valley have become a haven for losers. Damn shame as they ruin it for all. These City Council's better take notice and raise the bar.
eddie

Temecula, CA

#7 Feb 10, 2009
temecula is a big canvas ready to be painted
who cares

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Feb 14, 2009
eddie wrote:
temecula is a big canvas ready to be painted
and I'm the person who will undercut any graffiti removal expert. I'll only charge 100K a year!!! LOL
who cares

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Feb 14, 2009
Rick wrote:
We moved back here after being in Atlanta and Phoenix between 1996 & 2006. Enormous disappointment. Temecula Valley & French Valley have become a haven for losers. Damn shame as they ruin it for all. These City Council's better take notice and raise the bar.
why the heck would you want to move back to this hell hole? phoenix is nice except for the heat in the summer. I heard the cost of living is cheaper there too. does arizona have state tax? I'd like to know because I might jump this state and live somewhere where its cheaper.
rednecker

Mountain View, CA

#11 Jun 29, 2009
gd rednecks..Go back to Ireland/Scotland/Wales!!!
Arnold

San Diego, CA

#12 Jun 29, 2009
Not very much of Temecula's graffiti is done by rednecks.
Jim

Temecula, CA

#13 Sep 11, 2009
Ah forget all these graffiti laws it's not gang related it's normal kids that you would least expect to do graffiti that have a bad life at home and life is tuff so they just want to express there feelings and they have no better way to do it but UNDER BRIDGES ware NOONE will ever see it I say leave it alone let these kids paint go after the drug problems in temecula the serious stuff not graffiti
jolly

Moreno Valley, CA

#14 Sep 11, 2009
i never see graffiti or gangs in bromecula. i just see a bunch of spoiled kids drivin their parents cars they buy for them.
shh

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Sep 12, 2009
ay mang I got sum red spray mang. MANG
wolf

Murrieta, CA

#16 Mar 30, 2010
the common misconception is that graffiti is always gang related this is not always true it is just street art not MS13 or LA Emme turf markings this is especially true in Temecula the only gang taggings Ive seen is old town boys and sur-13 which are no doubt lil high school gangs at the worst if not posers in sur-13s case which is a actual gang but with no affiliation to Temecula. and Temecula is perfect for graffiti on my 10+ missions Ive only seen 1 cop and that was from the bushes after I finished one of my pieces in the was under the Escondido highway. before you smash something try it! TAG UP!
minky

Langhorne, PA

#17 Mar 30, 2010
whenever im in temeculua i see almost no graffiti. how can you complain with that city. it riminds me of irvine. im not trying to say theres no crime in temec, but i think its a very nice place.
OC Housewive

Garden Grove, CA

#19 Jul 22, 2010
Whoever says Rednecks aren't doing the graffiti that's really funny! I drove in town once and the Temecula (City of Tradition) sign had a big nazi sign on it! Until these crimes are harsher there won't be a decrease in graffiti!
Now go take out that Temecula Trash....and put it in back of your big red truck with the Logo on the window!
Denise

Moreno Valley, CA

#20 Jul 23, 2010
Murietta is full of blacks. Plus, their homes are so close together you could hear your neighbors' toilet flush.

So, how much has your house depreciated, OC Housewife...or should I say OC HousewiVe...lol!
NoAnchorBabies

Hemet, CA

#21 Jul 25, 2010
Hundreds of thousands of dollars for graffiti removal -- just another cost -- on top of medical, public schooling, free breakfast and lunch, crime, prison etc. etc. -- which the anchor babies of illegal aliens are burdening the taxpaers with.
Ex-Chula Vistan

Ashburn, VA

#22 Aug 9, 2010
The Mexicans are doing the graffiti. They were doing it all in Chula Vista. I caught several of them over the years and testified in court against them. Scum!

Blacks and whites don't do graffiti, Mexicans do. Blacks deal crack and whites if they do crime deal meth. Mexicans do everything that is bad, drugs, rob, kill, steal, graffiti, etc.

Temecula has the chance to nip this in the bud before it gets too bad. It would be a shame to let this chance pass you by.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherry Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three people sentenced for violent home invasio... (Nov '14) 13 hr Crystal 101 6
News Two arrested in armored truck robbery (Aug '07) Mon Tiffany Chance 31
News '420 Fest' at Pharaoh's Theme and Water Park dr... (Apr '09) Jun 21 Speed Racer 714 200
Catch Mentone Eric ! Jun 15 F OFF and Die ERIC 1
News Earthquake along San Jacinto fault is wake-up c... Jun 10 He who knows 1
Steve Eatopinal is a punk! Jun 8 mike 1
News The PassBEAUMONT PROBE: Only 1 remains in custody Jun 4 Randi 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherry Valley Mortgages