Fidelity Communications VS Satellite TV

Posted in the Cherokee Village Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
watch dog

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Nov 15, 2012
WOW, I am really amazed and disgusted with the cable provider in our area, Fidelity Communications. Have you seen their monthly rates?$55.00 a month for their horrible channel lineup! Why would anyone in their right mind pay for that garbage??? You can get Dish Network for around $25 per month. And Directv for under$30 a month. With tons of channels and superior quality and customer service.
Nancy

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Nov 23, 2012
watch dog wrote:
WOW, I am really amazed and disgusted with the cable provider in our area, Fidelity Communications. Have you seen their monthly rates?$55.00 a month for their horrible channel lineup! Why would anyone in their right mind pay for that garbage??? You can get Dish Network for around $25 per month. And Directv for under$30 a month. With tons of channels and superior quality and customer service.
Cable companies are notorious for being theivs. Satellite is the way to go, and they have put a big hurt on Cable companies all over the country. I would say it won't be long and cable will be obsolete.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Dec 10, 2012
watch dog wrote:
I am your local dish network and DirecTV sales rep through anerivision out of hoxie ar. I live here in the village and if your looking for satellite I can get it for you you can find my business cards at king Rhodes reality or red mule call me I'll get you what you deserve...
fidelityripped

Maumelle, AR

#4 Mar 21, 2013
i feel your pain aaaalllll the way down to the arkansas rice fields. fidelity has to be the worst service provider on the planet. they have to be using the old phone lines for comm. and with as much as they charge i could have two satellite dishes setup. i wouldnt recommend them to pipe tv into a freaking graveyard do to the fact it would start the zombie apocalypse.
Ryan

Harrisonville, MO

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Wait till your on the second half of your 2 year contract with Dish or Direct T.V. All of a sudden you are paying 100 dollars a month for the same package. Oh but wait. You want more than one TV connected in your home? Be prepared to pay 6-7 dollars for each additional tv. Hey wait I thought this was 30 a month what happened? Good luck figuring out all your excise taxes on your dish bill... 55 dollars with no contract is going to sound pretty good in about a year!
Henry

Hardy, AR

#6 Apr 3, 2013
Ryan wrote:
Wait till your on the second half of your 2 year contract with Dish or Direct T.V. All of a sudden you are paying 100 dollars a month for the same package. Oh but wait. You want more than one TV connected in your home? Be prepared to pay 6-7 dollars for each additional tv. Hey wait I thought this was 30 a month what happened? Good luck figuring out all your excise taxes on your dish bill... 55 dollars with no contract is going to sound pretty good in about a year!
Very true was very pleased with directv till this last month called ask why my bill doubled & I can tell you now never understood the answer I got. Don't know what I'm going to do but when I get out of this contract I'm done.
cable guy

Cherokee Village, AR

#7 Apr 11, 2013
Thankyoi for the comments,i think you will find sence the upgrade of your local system,we have vastly improved your services,now we offer 16meg high speed internet with basic expanded all digital channels,about 60 of them not including the 40 additional music channels for 65.00 ,still no contract .also hd dvr services,.the local cable company is just that local .anyone who knows me knows im a local resident.whos pay goes right back into the aera economy,also fidelity is very active in the community they contribute to local sports and are currently looking to sponser a tball team,they have kept all the employees you already know and added two jobs in the last three months.have you ever seen our trucks out in the snow and rain at night up in the air working to repair outages caused by nature,mostly lighting,,where is your dish repair man when it goes out,are we alil higher? Maybe.do you get your local channels yes good service by me and the other workers in the area,? Yes if not you can call my supervisor and let him know.or if you see my van out let me know,personal service by the same tech thats been here for years and you know from the rebels football games,im the loud guy ,go rebels! Bottom line ,you get more for your money with fidelity,you could still be stuck with dial up, it cost a ton of money to bring this area up to speed, ask someone who has broadband internet with us if its better.again thank you for helping me raise my children in this area its home to us.you payments.allow me to do this.thank you
cable guy

Cherokee Village, AR

#8 Jun 28, 2013
all i hear are crickets,
internet customer

United States

#10 Aug 5, 2013
cable guy wrote:
Thankyoi for the comments,i think you will find sence the upgrade of your local system,we have vastly improved your services,now we offer 16meg high speed internet with basic expanded all digital channels,about 60 of them not including the 40 additional music channels for 65.00 ,still no contract .also hd dvr services,.the local cable company is just that local .anyone who knows me knows im a local resident.whos pay goes right back into the aera economy,also fidelity is very active in the community they contribute to local sports and are currently looking to sponser a tball team,they have kept all the employees you already know and added two jobs in the last three months.have you ever seen our trucks out in the snow and rain at night up in the air working to repair outages caused by nature,mostly lighting,,where is your dish repair man when it goes out,are we alil higher? Maybe.do you get your local channels yes good service by me and the other workers in the area,? Yes if not you can call my supervisor and let him know.or if you see my van out let me know,personal service by the same tech thats been here for years and you know from the rebels football games,im the loud guy ,go rebels! Bottom line ,you get more for your money with fidelity,you could still be stuck with dial up, it cost a ton of money to bring this area up to speed, ask someone who has broadband internet with us if its better.again thank you for helping me raise my children in this area its home to us.you payments.allow me to do this.thank you
Well, if you want honesty from a current Fidelity internet customer- you got it! Our internet has been fast, except for all of the times that it has gone out. If you're looking to blame a storm that is 45 mls. away for my internet being out (which is usually the response that I get), then maybe it's time to make smaller grids so that there aren't so many ppl. w/out internet all at once. When Cobridge owned this company, we rarely had outages, but when we did, it was a local storm & the storm was bad enough to knock out the power also ... You wanted to hear from an internet customer ... there it is ... the truth in all of its uglyness.
pamela s

Marion, AR

#11 Oct 17, 2013
I am looking for something more affordable at this time. I am a customer of direct TV at the moment. And have been for close to 3 years now. And yes in the beginning the price was affordable. Now however I am paying over $100.00 a month for strictly TV. No internet or phone. I have a DVR and do love it but I was supposed to have whole home DVR but after inquiring as to why not... I was told that there would be no problems doing that but it would cost me another $3.00 a month. That's not much but when we are already paying over $100.00 it us a bit much.
Hopefully I can find out more about fidiliety and maybe become a customer.
BJJ

Salem, AR

#12 Nov 9, 2013
cable guy wrote:
Thankyoi for the comments,i think you will find sence the upgrade of your local system,we have vastly improved your services,now we offer 16meg high speed internet with basic expanded all digital channels,about 60 of them not including the 40 additional music channels for 65.00 ,still no contract .also hd dvr services,.the local cable company is just that local .anyone who knows me knows im a local resident.whos pay goes right back into the aera economy,also fidelity is very active in the community they contribute to local sports and are currently looking to sponser a tball team,they have kept all the employees you already know and added two jobs in the last three months.have you ever seen our trucks out in the snow and rain at night up in the air working to repair outages caused by nature,mostly lighting,,where is your dish
repair man when it goes out,are we alil higher? Maybe.do you get your local channels yes good service by me and the other workers in the area,? Yes if not you can call my supervisor and let him know.or if you see my van out let me know,personal service by the same tech thats been here for years and you know from the rebels football games,im the loud guy ,go rebels! Bottom line ,you get more for your money with fidelity,you could still be stuck with dial up, it cost a ton of money to bring this area up to speed, ask someone who has broadband internet with us if its better.again thank you for helping me raise my children in this area its home to us.you payments.allow me to do this.thank you
Only such an ignorant and illiterate post could have made by Carlton Hill, Fidelity Cable Guy!
Da Jarman

Salem, AR

#15 Nov 10, 2013
cable guy wrote:
Carlton, you're just trying to score points with Fidelity. It's overpriced crappy service. I've seen your work. I'm almost tempted to take pics of it and show your supervisor.
guestIguess

Burlington, KS

#17 Nov 10, 2013
I Fidelity the cable provider for Horsehoe Bend AND Cherokee Village?
guestIguess

Burlington, KS

#18 Nov 10, 2013
Sorry, should have been
Is Fidelity the cable provider for Horsehoe Bend AND Cherokee Village?
Sounds like at least some of these posts are from CV.
annoyed

Cherokee Village, AR

#19 Nov 16, 2013
I am a big supporter of local businesses but Fidelity communications is ridiculous. Been a customer for awhile but never a fan. Outrageous prices, and horrible service... plus the bill has come back double what it should be.( only made that mistake once!) really wanted it to work out well too, but cancelling complete service soon.
But the internet we recieved was of good quality! Just not going to be overcharged, sorry Fidelity!
Beer connasewer

Mountain Home, AR

#21 Nov 25, 2013
No More Fidelity wrote:
If I may I would like to leave my opinion on Fidelity Communications.
I did give them a chance to be my Internet and Cable provider, but once I got a taste of their product and customer service, it was over real quick.
Their channel lineup for Cable is a joke and WAY over priced. I literally was paying for garbage. The Internet worked when it felt like it and trying to get a human on the phone in their customer service dept, was impossible.
To top it of my bill doubled once they had me for a few months.
Oh well, you know the old saying, you live and learn. So Fidelity Communications are no more at my house, I went back with Century Link and Dish Network. Much, MUCH better.
Fidelity Communications looks as if it is going down the same road as, Charter and Coobridge.....
Out of business, bankrupt, etc.
My experience with Fidelity was a nightmare. My advice to anyone considering using them is, DONT.
I have to agree, Fidelity does not care about their service nor their customers. I cant go into grave detail about my experience with them. Plain and simple they suck. I would and never will recommend their service to anyone. Half the time the cable is blinking in and out and as far as the internet, it was great (when it worked). Every once and a great while it would go out on our block for a week at a time. Don't call them, they and I quote " We need at least three complaints in the same area before we will send a truck out". Plain and simple they suck and it will be a cold day in Hell before I refer anyone to their service.
Jeff Spraggins

Maumelle, AR

#23 Feb 1, 2014
As for fidelity internet service...
I got the 16 meg connection 8 days ago.
The day it was installed I did speed test on the website suggested by the installer, as well as the site I normally used.
The majority of the speed test showed under 3meg download speed. I called in immediately. The lady from fidelity said the guy that installed would b back that day to fix it. Still haven't heard from him.
I've been having problems today (Saturday) download speeds being down below 1 meg. I called in & the office is closed. I've used direct, dish, & AT&T in the past. U can get a hold of someone on the phone on a Saturday, mid day.
I left a message, & we'll see what happens.
It does seem a bit rediculous that the 6meg AT&T DSL service I had could stream (Netflix, Hulu, vudu, ect) with less buffering than I have experienced with 16 meg fidelity communications internet service.
cable guy wrote:
Shaq

New Roads, LA

#24 Feb 24, 2014
Jeff Spraggins wrote:
As for fidelity internet service...
I got the 16 meg connection 8 days ago.
The day it was installed I did speed test on the website suggested by the installer, as well as the site I normally used.
The majority of the speed test showed under 3meg download speed. I called in immediately. The lady from fidelity said the guy that installed would b back that day to fix it. Still haven't heard from him.
I've been having problems today (Saturday) download speeds being down below 1 meg. I called in & the office is closed. I've used direct, dish, & AT&T in the past. U can get a hold of someone on the phone on a Saturday, mid day.
I left a message, & we'll see what happens.
It does seem a bit rediculous that the 6meg AT&T DSL service I had could stream (Netflix, Hulu, vudu, ect) with less buffering than I have experienced with 16 meg fidelity communications internet service.
<quoted text>
Please let me know what happens, im in the same situation. I am going to call about the service too. Plus the lantecy on top of it all is not good 300ms
Mad Potato

Rogers, AR

#25 Feb 24, 2014
Only thing one has to remember is that Dish T.V is the most hated company in the U.S for a reason.Do you're home work.
Anne

Little Rock, AR

#26 Mar 5, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>Very true was very pleased with directv till this last month called ask why my bill doubled & I can tell you now never understood the answer I got. Don't know what I'm going to do but when I get out of this contract I'm done.
If you can ever decipher your Direct TV bill, you may discover that you have been a victim of "negative selection sales tactics". In other words, they will give you 3 months of "free" programming which you are not even aware of, because who checks Channel 537 or whatever, and it's for something like kickboxing tv, so you never watch it. At the end of 3 months, however, there will be a fine print note on your bill that states, "unless you call and tell us not to, we are going to start charging you 9.95/month for kickboxing tv."

You never notice it because their bills are so hard to read, and it's impossible to understand what they are charging you for, so suddenly, your bill goes up another $9.95 and you have no idea why. It's because you have fallen victim to "negative selection". Watch them like a hawk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who owned property in Cherokee Village, before ... (Jan '07) 22 min cecelia 25
Wanted: Truck or SUV for even trade (Sep '09) 2 hr Seriously 7
Clash of Ozark Thugs (Mar '14) 5 hr MrHardy 151
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr mossy seaman 30,441
Sharp County Jail 15 hr Bowser45 11
wardel Norris Jr Sat WhatDidYouSay22 1
GIrls Coach Dec 19 Parents R A Pain 9
More from around the web

Cherokee Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cherokee Village News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cherokee Village

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:42 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:42PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
Bleacher Report 8:45 PM
Roethlisberger Proves His Toughness vs. Chiefs
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West