whos house burned in hardy

Since: Nov 12

Salem, AR

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Don't know but someone died in the fire
Sad

Cherokee Village, AR

#3 Jan 11, 2013
A single woman who lived in the house died. The house was a total loss.
Update

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Jan 12, 2013
Hardy Police Chief Ernie Rose says the body of Patricia Arms, 67, was found in her home on East Cope Street.
justsayin

Trumann, AR

#5 Jan 12, 2013
why are so many of those old houses in Hardy burning? We've driven up above the main street on that hill and there are several of them that are nearly falling in or have already burned.
Insruance Adjuster

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Jan 13, 2013
While some are legitimate, many are usually suspect because of the high number of house fires in such a small populated area, it would seem many are set on purpose! This is about par for rural poor areas like yours.Sometimes its the only way a person can "cash out" to get out of the area. They just take the insurance settlement and walk away.
justsayin

Trumann, AR

#7 Jan 14, 2013
I don't see how people can get by with arson nowadays.I thought that it's a lot easier to prove with more sophisticated techniques of detection than it once was.
Frank

Ash Flat, AR

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Insruance Adjuster wrote:
While some are legitimate, many are usually suspect because of the high number of house fires in such a small populated area, it would seem many are set on purpose! This is about par for rural poor areas like yours.Sometimes its the only way a person can "cash out" to get out of the area. They just take the insurance settlement and walk away.
Yes I'm sure that's what that elderly lady had in mind but what price to you put on the fact she died? I understand that happens a lot but a lot of times it's a accident cause of the heat source that the elderly has to use cause they can not afford other or are sick & not able to do better.Sounds like you are not from our area or some born with silver spoon & never had to worry about money & staying warm.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#9 Jan 14, 2013
justsayin wrote:
why are so many of those old houses in Hardy burning?
Old houses, probably equally old (and overtaxed) electrical system. Not quite cheap to get a whole house rewired either, and then there's those past residents/tenants who patch into the system in the worst ways.....
White girl from the city

Cabot, AR

#10 Jan 15, 2013
You people have no clue. The house was rented and she lit up a smoke with oxygen on. Not very smart!!! It was an older but nice maintained home.
aaron

Ash Flat, AR

#11 Jan 15, 2013
White girl from the city wrote:
You people have no clue. The house was rented and she lit up a smoke with oxygen on. Not very smart!!! It was an older but nice maintained home.
Maybe not smart but I'm sure it was a unthought accident that was not do on purpose for insurance money. Sad that it happened sorry for the loss of a life.
White girl from the city

Cabot, AR

#12 Jan 17, 2013
Whoever judged me as spam, clueless and nuts are totally clueless. I live here in Arkansas from my own chosing. I left the city life in Kansas city so I could raise my children away from the craziness but it turns out you all are crazy here. LOL. I have a full time job and raise my 3 children without assistance. I cannot say the same for most of you.
justsayin

Trumann, AR

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Sorry you feel that way,I still think your kids are better off here than where you moved from just IMO.And I asked the ? about the old houses above Hardy's Main Street being allowed to deteriorate and burn,I know that happens when a small community falls on hard times,hate to see it,some of them look to be pretty neat historic dated houses.I didn't mean to get any negative comments or rumors started up about the poor soul that died in the fire,I took care of home health patients as a nurse for years and I loved every one,a lot of them lived in really bad conditions in old run down houses not fit for dogs,and their FAMILIES and LANDLORDS and CHURCH MEMBERS could have cared less most of the darn time! RIP Ms who lost her life,so sad to learn about it.The details of her death are so hard to hear,if that is what she did,she died first before the fire started.Her OXYGEN COMPANY should have made sure she knew better,but,sometimes,people just forget and light up out of habit.I had a patient who did that in he hospital once,he melted the O2 tubing and was burned in the same pattern all around his face and back to his ears and behind,had someone not walked in the room at that instant,probably would have had an explosion or bad flash fire that would have killed him and maybe others.(He QUIT SMOKING after that one.)Fire really loves oxygen.
justsayin

Trumann, AR

#15 Jan 24, 2013
Like I said I am sorry,and,I didn't say that was why your aunt did not make it out of the fire,someone else did,I was just talking about what CAN happen when people smoke with Oxygen,sorry for your aunt's death and there are plenty more I have taken care of too,that could not get out of a house on fire if it happened to them either,so,I know how it can go for them.You can be sure that my patients meant everything to me.
daughter of lady

United States

#16 Feb 17, 2013
After reading all of these comments/assumptions, my heart breaks but im mad as hell in the same sense. First, the fire was NOT started due to my Mother smoking while on oxygen. Second she did NOT live there alone. That was My house, where I cared for my Mother daily via a stroke 15 months ago. My house was extremely nice, clean, and well taken care of. Failty and Old wiring via the heater in the bathroom was the cause of the fire. I lost not only my Mother and best friend at the age of 67...I lost both of my "Babies"/dogs...Osca r and Bella, not to mention 45 years worth of belongings, and my home. If not for this amazing wonderful community, i would be homeless also. So please keep in mind the people whom read this have very real and raw feelings, and know your facts, remember what ASSUME means? May God Bless you All.
daughter of lady

United States

#17 Feb 17, 2013
concerned wrote:
whos house burned in hardy
.....the house was mine, Misty Gray, my Mother also lived there but parrished in the fire.
daughter of lady

United States

#18 Feb 17, 2013
Sad wrote:
A single woman who lived in the house died. The house was a total loss.
....you are correct, my Mother, Patricia Arms, parrished in the fire along with my "Babies"/dogs, Oscar and Bella.
daughter of lady

United States

#19 Feb 17, 2013
Insruance Adjuster wrote:
.....What a crock of bull, you are way outta line...I would much rather have my Mother back than "cash out" on anything!! How dare you!!!
daughter of lady

United States

#20 Feb 17, 2013
White girl from the city wrote:
....No lady you are not very smart!!! Try getting your facts correct before inserting foot!!! It was faulty wiring on the bathroom heater that took my Mother's life along with my "Babies"/dogs, Oscar and Bella. And yes my home was older and quite nice, as if that really matterss!!!
daughter of lady

United States

#21 Feb 17, 2013
Update wrote:
Hardy Police Chief Ernie Rose says the body of Patricia Arms, 67, was found in her home on East Cope Street.
....I would like to corredt the address listed in Chief Rose's quote....the correct address was 204 East 4th Street. Also want to give my heart felt gratitude to Chief Rose, his Son, Jeremy Rose, and All of the Emergency Personel and Responders on site of the fire as they risk their lives to try and save my Mothers'. May God Bless You All.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Barnes as Mayor? (May '14) 5 hr Enter Username 13
Crowbar Upstages BlackDog77 6 hr Toucan 9
The Face Behind All the Hate On Topix 7 hr Toucan 1
Jobs 7 hr Toucan 5
60th Anniversary of CV May 30 Bam 7
River Radio May 30 Bam 3
Are you a victim of a Cyberpath? (Dec '10) May 28 Macro5 19
More from around the web

Cherokee Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]