Medford detention continues till March trial

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

A federal judge on Monday ordered former Sheriff Bobby Medford and two of his top commanders to wait in jail for trial on charges that they took protection money from illegal video gambling operators.
Comments
201 - 203 of 203 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2013
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
ThinkBack

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2007

fastsam wrote:
AS SAND THROUGH THE HOUR GLASS, SO ARE THE DAYS OF LIVES.
lol Good show though. It's been around for many, many years... and just like here... it started out believable,.... then.... after awhile. the outcome is pretty predictable... without even watching to see what happens.
:) Merry Christmas... or Happy Holidays to you!!!
LGD

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

I disagree. While Jackie may have been involved in illegal activities from time to time, anyone who knows him also knows that he has a kind spirit and is not an evil person. There is no reason for him to be jailed while awaitng trial.
curious wrote:
I still say Jack Shepherd should be in jail with the rest of them, he has never done anything honest
caerleon

Leicester, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

my daughters details were never published because she was literally gone for ten years.. turns out many thing happened to her..including something all too common that happens to women in the ARMY>> Most recently she tried to stand up for female vets here in A' ville..
We do not speak because she will not simply tell a five word sentences that could not only set her up for life if it went to court but... C'est la vie..C'est la gar , C'est lat merder, C'est la morte

I did all I could.. Medford is in jail thanks to the slow moving FBI who I understand must have cast iron evidence due to the nefarious bs of lawyers. Homer is a sad old man and I am waiting with baited breath to watch Ron Moore got down. Shakespeare was right. If we had listened to him we'd not be in the vice grip of a world run by corporations and lawyers.

Still I am writing a book that will, like Thomas Wolfe , change the names to protect the guilty, the complicit and the innocent. To my detractors on this board.. I sincerely hope your karma runs over your dogma

the people in this town have no balls... no courage . If they did this crooked leadership you all tolerate would not exist. Those who are silent are complicit by their complacencey

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 18 min Mac 58,654
How safe is Bryson City? (Apr '13) 14 hr Timmy_ 37
cohutta mtn.. READ... Respond. Mon New resident 2
Cherokee Music Thread (Nov '13) Aug 24 Bunny Rabbitt 6
Robbinsville Music Thread (Nov '13) Aug 23 Musikologist 4
Remembering chief Dennis Wolf (Aug '10) Aug 21 niteowl4 10
Debate: Marijuana - Robbinsville, NC (Aug '10) Aug 19 bikefix 9

Search the Cherokee Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Cherokee Jobs

•••