SCHSALUM

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

So I see that there is a new funeral home in Bryson City. I for one do not know which one i prefer? Any suggestions?
its_a_yawner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

Judged:

Why do you ask ? Nobody wants to be a customer in one. It's not like they have a drive-thru or dine-in or take out and they don't serve anything that any sane person would eat. Dead is dead, is dead, so don't worry about it.
SCHSALUM

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

its_a_yawner wrote:
Why do you ask ? Nobody wants to be a customer in one. It's not like they have a drive-thru or dine-in or take out and they don't serve anything that any sane person would eat. Dead is dead, is dead, so don't worry about it.
very educated statement ! I guess theres nothing more to worry about in your world than who's got a drive thru
Bryson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

SCHSALUM wrote:
So I see that there is a new funeral home in Bryson City. I for one do not know which one i prefer? Any suggestions?
I didn't know there's a new one in town. Who opened it? If it's Moodys stay away! Crisp is a decent and honest person. He goes out of his way to be helpful to the family. People are so vulnerable at the time someone dies that you have to trust whoever does the services and I would trust Crisp over any other funeral home I know of in this area. Moody is bad news over and over, though.
sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Judged:

pat monteith who owns barbecue wagon owns it,imagine that.with her hateful attitude im sure she will do good.not
its_a_yawner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

SCHSALUM wrote:
<quoted text> very educated statement ! I guess theres nothing more to worry about in your world than who's got a drive thru
I've got nothing to worry about, no, nothing to worry about. Well when you're dead, you're dead. End of story. It's the living who worry and they can really do nothing about fate. They, the living just take care of the moment and the immediate future. A dead body is a dead body, and just that, a dead body. That person is somewhere else. Leaving the physical manfestation of the former self to be viewed by the living.

Now on your asking about Funeral homes is just question of who'll respect the dead more, I dont know. It just sounded as if you were comparing restaurants. I really couldn't resist.
Bryson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

sue wrote:
pat monteith who owns barbecue wagon owns it,imagine that.with her hateful attitude im sure she will do good.not
Thanks for filling us in on that. The contrast, or conflict, between owning a barbecue wagon and a funeral home is almost comical. Wonder if the two businesses are connected in any other way, somehow???????
sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

who knows lol
sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

she runs iga also wonder if they r a connection there.the way she treats her employees who is she gonna get to work for her at a funeral home,now thats interesting ,lol
sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

i dont think crisp has any competition there,hes the best.
caring citizen

Coudersport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Is it open now or when will it be open? Also, is there one in Cherokee?
its_a_yawner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Judged:

SCHSALUM wrote:
<quoted text> very educated statement ! I guess theres nothing more to worry about in your world than who's got a drive thru
Still didn't answer my question.

Why do you wanna know which one ?

Because I smell Bryson city politics.
SCHSALUM

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

its_a_yawner wrote:
<quoted text>
Still didn't answer my question.
Why do you wanna know which one ?
Because I smell Bryson city politics.
Politics? Not quite, far from it, just curious to see where people stand on their opinions about each funeral home, it doesnt make much of a difference to me one way or another. Thank you for the education on the dead human body, i never knew all that , that a funeral ceremony is just for the living, no way ! The corpes always look like they are enjoying themselves so much. You seem to be an expert on just about everything on topix, but at least we now know where you stand, a dead body is a dead body, let your loved ones worry about what to do with yours once you expire is just the most loving and thoughtful thing you can do for them, sounds like to me they could just dump your dead body along the road like roadkill and no one will ever miss you. Ill be awaiting your response with anticipaion, Im sure it will once again be littered with large vocabulary to show off your superior intelligence over the rest of us here in Swain County. This is the first time I have ever posted anything on these topix boards and if i knew that this controversial topic would cause such an uproar from the wonderful wizard I would never have started this firestorm. Wouldnt have been easier just to have said I prefer this funeral home over the other instead because...just like all the other responses, i guess not, we needed to be corrected and told not to worry, we should be more worried about whos got a drive thru or whats for dinner because i am going to live forever, and while I am living forever I will be listening to police scanners from all over the country, because I have way to much free time on my hands
its_a_yawner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Judged:

SCHSALUM wrote:
<quoted text>Politics? Not quite, far from it, just curious to see where people stand on their opinions about each funeral home, it doesnt make much of a difference to me one way or another. Thank you for the education on the dead human body, i never knew all that , that a funeral ceremony is just for the living, no way ! The corpes always look like they are enjoying themselves so much. You seem to be an expert on just about everything on topix, but at least we now know where you stand, a dead body is a dead body, let your loved ones worry about what to do with yours once you expire is just the most loving and thoughtful thing you can do for them, sounds like to me they could just dump your dead body along the road like roadkill and no one will ever miss you. Ill be awaiting your response with anticipaion, Im sure it will once again be littered with large vocabulary to show off your superior intelligence over the rest of us here in Swain County. This is the first time I have ever posted anything on these topix boards and if i knew that this controversial topic would cause such an uproar from the wonderful wizard I would never have started this firestorm. Wouldnt have been easier just to have said I prefer this funeral home over the other instead because...just like all the other responses, i guess not, we needed to be corrected and told not to worry, we should be more worried about whos got a drive thru or whats for dinner because i am going to live forever, and while I am living forever I will be listening to police scanners from all over the country, because I have way to much free time on my hands
Did I ever hit a nerve. What do they say "a good defense is a good offense", it ain't working. You see, a personal attack is a sign that you have no tactics of dealing with me. Maybe you should go practice with professional posters who work for governments and corporation on these other forums on this here internet to hone your skills and forget you ever had a Swain High in-crowd education. So to finish. If you think you damaged my psyche, you have a long way to go.

Now go cry me a hand full and pout a while.
its_a yawner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

SCHSALUM wrote:
<quoted text>Politics? Not quite, far from it, just curious to see where people stand on their opinions about each funeral home, it doesnt make much of a difference to me one way or another. Thank you for the education on the dead human body, i never knew all that , that a funeral ceremony is just for the living, no way ! The corpes always look like they are enjoying themselves so much. You seem to be an expert on just about everything on topix, but at least we now know where you stand, a dead body is a dead body, let your loved ones worry about what to do with yours once you expire is just the most loving and thoughtful thing you can do for them, sounds like to me they could just dump your dead body along the road like roadkill and no one will ever miss you. Ill be awaiting your response with anticipaion, Im sure it will once again be littered with large vocabulary to show off your superior intelligence over the rest of us here in Swain County. This is the first time I have ever posted anything on these topix boards and if i knew that this controversial topic would cause such an uproar from the wonderful wizard I would never have started this firestorm. Wouldnt have been easier just to have said I prefer this funeral home over the other instead because...just like all the other responses, i guess not, we needed to be corrected and told not to worry, we should be more worried about whos got a drive thru or whats for dinner because i am going to live forever, and while I am living forever I will be listening to police scanners from all over the country, because I have way to much free time on my hands
----------

"Im sure it will once again be littered with large vocabulary to show off your superior intelligence over the rest of us here in Swain County."
----------

That sentenance stands out and it is really offensive. Just because I, and a lot of others in Swain county took our own money and went to college, and I know this because I was in English class with quite a few Swain county residents and they were SCHS alumni. So we are suppose to be a bunch of un-educated hillbillies here in the county ? Not supose to be getting above our "raisin' in your opinion. Who in the hell do you think are, friggin royalty.

If I make you feel this stupid. Then you really do not know anyone here in this county.
slackJack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Judged:

Looks like to me it is political. The Democrats will go to Crisp and the Republicans will go to the IGA lady's funeral home.
Its_a_yawner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

slackJack wrote:
Looks like to me it is political. The Democrats will go to Crisp and the Republicans will go to the IGA lady's funeral home.
Yep.
Evenstar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

What do politics have to do with it?
Evenstar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Regardless of what the new business is for, it's always a good idea to inject competition. It causes the business to look inward to see what can be improved in the hope that they will come out on top.
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

sue wrote:
i dont think crisp has any competition there,hes the best.
You obviously don't know Mike Crisp very well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 24 min TSF 58,171
Remembering chief Dennis Wolf (Aug '10) 8 hr niteowl4 10
Debate: Marijuana - Robbinsville, NC (Aug '10) Tue bikefix 9
looking Aug 19 bikefix 1
heritage Aug 17 citizen 3
Select Homes Property Management Company Aug 14 Seth Ashford 2
Amanda Sutton Aug 13 anonymous 9

Search the Cherokee Forum:
•••
•••
Cherokee Dating

more search filters

less search filters