Winter storm warning issued for parts...

Winter storm warning issued for parts of WNC

There are 56 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 6, 2009, titled Winter storm warning issued for parts of WNC. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

ASHEVILLE The National Weather Service has put five Western North Carolina counties under a winter storm warning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Will

United States

#1 Apr 6, 2009
I call bs.
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#2 Apr 6, 2009
People, weather is a prediction, not an absolute!

It has, can and will snow in WNC in April. There is almost always a bout of winter weather around Easter often accompanied by snow.

It may snow it may not, but there a warning that the possibility may exist ... better safe than sorry.
JACK HANDY

Greenville, SC

#3 Apr 6, 2009
Snowing heavily here in Candler!
David C

Boiling Springs, SC

#5 Apr 6, 2009

Just one more time



SNO-GASM's


Bread & milk , bread & milk ,, pant,pant,pant
beer & cig's , Beer & cig's ,, pant,pant,pant


SNO-GASM's
Local

Greenville, SC

#6 Apr 6, 2009
JACK HANDY wrote:
Snowing heavily here in Candler!
yeah right...April fools was last week...

partly sunny and mid 50s downtown
Local

Weaverville, NC

#7 Apr 6, 2009
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah right...April fools was last week...
partly sunny and mid 50s downtown
You are a different 'Local'. Just let me know- do you NOW want to be the one with the big 'L'?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 6, 2009
JACK HANDY wrote:
Snowing heavily here in Candler!
Bull!!!
Madison Girl

Boiling Springs, SC

#9 Apr 6, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull!!!


Maybe not BS

They're letting schools out early because of ice and snow here

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...

Click and read
This is already on the Citizen-Times website
Jackson County

Cullowhee, NC

#10 Apr 6, 2009
Its Like This wrote:
People, weather is a prediction, not an absolute!
It has, can and will snow in WNC in April. There is almost always a bout of winter weather around Easter often accompanied by snow.
It may snow it may not, but there a warning that the possibility may exist ... better safe than sorry.
I agree. I've seen WNC get 15 inches of snow in April - it didn't stay around long but it came.
Release the Hounds

Maxton, NC

#11 Apr 6, 2009
Madison Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not BS
They're letting schools out early because of ice and snow here
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...
Click and read
This is already on the Citizen-Times website
Sick.

Madison County should just go ahead and close schools from January 1 through April 15. They'd be better off going to school in June, July and August.

“Thank You Veterans!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas & WNC

#13 Apr 6, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>Bull!!!
Keep me posted lorb..... I got people headin that way later this week! And me soon thereafter!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14 Apr 6, 2009
Madison Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not BS
They're letting schools out early because of ice and snow here
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...
Click and read
This is already on the Citizen-Times website
My renters in Madison County called and told me this too. But it's 3:30 here in Candler and it's still not doing anything. Dang!!! I want snow!
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#15 Apr 6, 2009
I don't understand the reason a previous poster replied "sick" to the fact that Madison County schools closed early.

First of all, they only closed an hour early, so it counted as a school day; and unless the rules have changed, anytime the buses hit the roads it is considered a full day of school (example: the bus picks up your child at 7am, but school is called off at 7:30).

I am a parent and I believe in being cautious - I know there will be potential snow days, so I always made arrangements for these days before they happened when my children were younger. Just because the road you live on is clear doesn't mean that it is icy a mile down.
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#16 Apr 6, 2009
Correction; doesn't mean it ISN'T icy
Release the Hounds

Maxton, NC

#17 Apr 6, 2009
Its Like This wrote:
I don't understand the reason a previous poster replied "sick" to the fact that Madison County schools closed early.
First of all, they only closed an hour early, so it counted as a school day; and unless the rules have changed, anytime the buses hit the roads it is considered a full day of school (example: the bus picks up your child at 7am, but school is called off at 7:30).
I am a parent and I believe in being cautious - I know there will be potential snow days, so I always made arrangements for these days before they happened when my children were younger. Just because the road you live on is clear doesn't mean that it is icy a mile down.
I meant "sick" as in its slang meaning--insane, crazy, as in snowing in April and getting out of school early.
Art Vandelay

Maxton, NC

#18 Apr 6, 2009
Hot hail here in Haw Creek as of 4:20 PM.
Elvis Barzini

Maxton, NC

#19 Apr 6, 2009
does anyone know if there will be school in Buncombe County tomorrow???

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#20 Apr 6, 2009
bobette wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep me posted lorb..... I got people headin that way later this week! And me soon thereafter!
Got your back girly! Will keep you weatherly informed!!!! I don't think it will be bad but you can never tell. Yesterday we were out in shorts and t-shirts. Dang!
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#21 Apr 6, 2009
Sorry, I'm familiar with the term "sick" only my kids say "ill."
Snoop Dogg

Maxton, NC

#22 Apr 6, 2009
Has the smoky park bridge been closed yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cherokee Cabs (Mar '13) Oct 7 Witness of the BS 4
Blacks ( our own ISIS) Oct 6 Wetinpantyhose 2
News News-Record & Sentinel: Arrest report (Nov '07) Oct 4 jrgsc 9
Hookers at harrahs (Mar '16) Sep 21 Paula 8
Chisel Philips Sep '17 SomethingElse 2
Remembering chief Dennis Wolf (Aug '10) Sep '17 glhauser 16
Searching for my Cherokee bloodline Sep '17 John 1

Cherokee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherokee Mortgages