Do you approve of Curtis Cochran as S...

Do you approve of Curtis Cochran as Sheriff?

Posted in the Cherokee Forum

concerned

Tarboro, NC

#1 Mar 26, 2014
I just don't feel Mr. Cochran has served the people well ,his arrest statistics don't match the volume of crime . The Sheriffs department has alienated the citizens and failed to reduce the drug issues significantly.
wanderer

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Mar 26, 2014
I approve of him, I feel like he has more than served the county and communities. How do the statistics not match? The biggest problem the communities have, other than crime, is people not wanting to do anything or say anything when they have information. if the people would realize, it takes voices to stand up and testify against the maggots, then more things would get done. you cant go tell the sheriff or an officer about "this going on" or "this person has stolen goods". That person needs to be willing to stand up in court and testify to it, otherwise the info is kinda useless.
How has he alienated the citizens? and what would you do to reduce the drug issues?
Concerned

Tarboro, NC

#3 Mar 27, 2014
It seems that you do support Mr.Cochran , however law enforcement is about preparing cases and investigating reported cases ,building evidence ,preparing the case and going to court . People don't and won't gift wrap the criminals for him or the present deputies. This is the area they are not well prepared , they need ongoing training on evidence collection and investigation that they just don't do! The statistics or conviction rate and the amount of cases made do not match the volume of crime . I don't want to waste time back and forth these are just facts . The lack of proactive enforcement can't be overlooked.I have been in many facets of law enforcement and can tell that there is a lack of motivation or knowledge in pursuing offenders . Thank you for your response .I have been a deputy in Swain way back and this has always been a problem , just drugs and crime has grown in severity .Its time to make a change for the good of the people , that's my opinion..//////::
wanderer wrote:
I approve of him, I feel like he has more than served the county and communities. How do the statistics not match? The biggest problem the communities have, other than crime, is people not wanting to do anything or say anything when they have information. if the people would realize, it takes voices to stand up and testify against the maggots, then more things would get done. you cant go tell the sheriff or an officer about "this going on" or "this person has stolen goods". That person needs to be willing to stand up in court and testify to it, otherwise the info is kinda useless.
How has he alienated the citizens? and what would you do to reduce the drug issues?
Bob

Candler, NC

#4 Oct 1, 2015
Nope.he pocket money from law abbying citizens from gun permits.many of sheriff do it.if he doesn't like you you doesn't get a permit.that's taken away from local businesses too.
Bill

Franklin, NC

#5 Mar 5, 2018
Curtis cochran and his detective Carolyn possey arrest innocent people instead of arresting people for the crims they do I think the Swain county sheriff's office should be investigated by the state of NC Dss needs to be investigated as well and no I don't approve of Curtis cochran , Curtis what's the badge instead of serve and protecting the citizens of Swain county NC the man you want for sheriff is Rocky Sampson
Bill

Franklin, NC

#6 Mar 5, 2018
wanderer wrote:
He might got you fooled but he doesn't got me and many other fooled. Don't be a fooled he does not care about you he cares about one thing that is his self
S Clontz

Charlotte, NC

#7 Saturday May 12
Bob wrote:
Nope.he pocket money from law abbying citizens from gun permits.many of sheriff do it.if he doesn't like you you doesn't get a permit.that's taken away from local businesses too.
What, pray tell, is a 'law abbying' citizen? Please supply proof of your claim of misconduct. Some folks seem to accept gossip and uncorroborated "tales out of school" as truth without the least effort of proving the veracity of what comes out of their mouth.
S Clontz

Charlotte, NC

#8 Saturday May 12
What, pray tell, is a 'law abbying' citizen? Please supply proof of your claim of misconduct. Some folks seem to accept gossip and uncorroborated "tales out of school" as truth without the least effort of proving the veracity of what comes out of their mouth.
S Clontz

Charlotte, NC

#9 Saturday May 12
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>

He might got you fooled but he doesn't got me and many other fooled. Don't be a fooled he does not care about you he cares about one thing that is his self
PLEASE "don't got ourself fooled"! Curtis Cochran is a Godly man who does a very difficult job for a large section of North Carolina. What unlawful thing did you do to make you feel he doesn't care about you? Seems to me that you've been caught doing something illegal and are now trying to strike out to those who 'caught' you in the act. You must realize that spouting off loudly, doesn't make you right. And, for the sake of clarity, get an education and learn to express yourself in a modicom of literacy.
S Clontz

Charlotte, NC

#10 Saturday May 12
PLEASE "don't got yourself fooled"! Curtis Cochran is a Godly man who does a very difficult job for a large section of North Carolina. What unlawful thing did you do to make you feel he doesn't care about you? Seems to me that you've been caught doing something illegal and are now trying to strike out to those who 'caught' you in the act. You must realize that spouting off loudly, doesn't make you right. And, for the sake of clarity, get an education and learn to express yourself in a modicom of literacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where are the single women in robbinsville? (Nov '10) Sun Creep 18
Police Raid in Town? May 14 Marla 1
people that forget where they come from (Apr '13) May 10 Pumper 6
HOT TN guy in silver durmax (Dec '16) May 8 LilKim 8
Brown Numbered signs on I-40 (Apr '08) Apr 30 Sonja 42
Chisel Philips (Sep '17) Apr 26 Tmoney 3
Did a woman have a baby with a 13 year old @ RHS? (Nov '11) Apr 25 Dont look now 19

Cherokee Jobs

Personal Finance

Cherokee Mortgages