Sheriff: Jailer had help in escape op...

Sheriff: Jailer had help in escape operation

There are 57 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 23, 2009, titled Sheriff: Jailer had help in escape operation. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Jon Ostendorff * JOstendorff@CITIZEN-TIMES.com * published March 24, 2009 12:15 am BRYSON CITY Investigators believe the Swain County jailer suspected of letting a murder suspect out of his cell and fleeing with him in her father's truck had help pulling off the operation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
boy wunder

Maxton, NC

#1 Mar 23, 2009
a young black male there is only one i can think that he promised her something that she has never had
Wehutty Wanker

Suffolk, VA

#2 Mar 24, 2009
Ol' Lardean made a real bright move there. I wonder if the Bro has done kicked her fat a** off the side of the road somewhere, once he do be out of there!
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2009
Wehutty Wanker wrote:
Ol' Lardean made a real bright move there. I wonder if the Bro has done kicked her fat a** off the side of the road somewhere, once he do be out of there!
Hmmmmmmmm......some men like healthy women.
mtnnative

United States

#5 Mar 24, 2009
5'3 - 275..... shouldn't be that hard to find
Bill

Boiling Springs, SC

#6 Mar 24, 2009
mtnnative wrote:
5'3 - 275..... shouldn't be that hard to find
If she tips over it's all over.

Since: Feb 09

Ellenboro, NC

#7 Mar 24, 2009
Come on guy's....would you??? I think I be kickin' her to curb FIRST chance I got! Hope he got enough rope to HOG tie her!
Mumford Fox

Holly Springs, NC

#8 Mar 24, 2009
Commenters 1 to 6 are all heartless.
Until we know the total story give her a break.
What happen to innocense until proven guilty.

Since: Nov 08

The Mountains of WNC

#9 Mar 24, 2009
Mumford Fox wrote:
Commenters 1 to 6 are all heartless.
Until we know the total story give her a break.
What happen to innocense until proven guilty.
I wonder if there is security camera videotape that shows what actually happened. The sheriff ain't telling, for some unknown reason. If this jailer did indeed leave the cell door unlocked for this loser to just walk out, she has endangered the lives of who knows how many innocent people. I wonder why it did not occur to her that he's killed twice, and will have no problem with killing again, and it could be her. There's got to be more to this than is being told.
Questionable

Sherrills Ford, NC

#10 Mar 24, 2009
Have I missed it, or have they never given out the license tag number on the truck that they are supposed to be in?
Reach

Raleigh, NC

#11 Mar 24, 2009
Nothing more common than an ignorant fat white girl being swooned by a smooth talkin' black fella. Black guys like fat white women because they are so starved for attention and will do anything to get it whether the individual is criminal or not. Yes, thats a generalization but it seems to be quite common around here. As far as Im concerned the only "danger" she is in is the danger of getting pregnant or AIDS.

Since: Nov 08

The Mountains of WNC

#12 Mar 24, 2009
Questionable wrote:
Have I missed it, or have they never given out the license tag number on the truck that they are supposed to be in?
I've not seen anything about a license tag number. That might be helpful to publicize that information...
biggkevinsr

Maxton, NC

#13 Mar 24, 2009
I certainly hope that they catch him soon, shame on her for leaving her family and helping this looser escape we need to screen these jailers better, she has put herself and worst the community in danger because of her selfish actions i have as much sympathy for her as i do him none what so ever.
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#14 Mar 24, 2009
Yesterday the Sheriff announced the jailer had help with aiding the inmate to escape - does he have evidence of such, is he just assuming or is he basing it on the fact that a neighbor alledgely saw her texting for over a hour the night before the escape. Has her cell records been subpoenaed?

To me, much about this case remains a mystery. Still, the color of the jailers fathers truck hasn't been given nor has a license plate number. We really know nothing about the jailer that may have triggered her to want to do something like this. There has only been one family statement and it was issued through the Cherokee Public Affairs office.

Her MySpace page leads me to believe she is a proud momma who loves her children, but it also makes me believe she has some deep underlying issues. I can't help but wonder if she was abused? She has a quote on her page that says something like, Sometimes pain can be a beautiful thing. I can think of some positives, but I can also think of some negatives.

Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#15 Mar 24, 2009
Reach ... She isn't White, she is Native American, aka, an Indian!

And furthermore, this goes way beyond her getting pregnant or AIDS (not everyone is infected - and don't they test fir that when you are in long term lock-up), this is about her survival. This is about four kids seeing their mom again and knowing she is alright.

This man didn't pick this woman for a date or to have sex with or because he was physically attracted to her, he picked her for the purpose of escape, period!
truck

United States

#16 Mar 24, 2009
The truck is a 2001 Red Ford Ranger with a maroon camper. that was on www.wlos.com the first day the escaped. I bet they haven't given the license plate because they probably switched tags some point... but who knows. i highly doubt they are even in that truck anymore. Have they made this a nationwide thing yet? I bet they aren't even in NC anymore
CJOHNNY

Boiling Springs, SC

#17 Mar 24, 2009
I bet he's fed her with a line that's 2 miles long. I hope she makes it back home safely. But I wouldn't bet on that either.
Its Like This

Waterloo, Canada

#18 Mar 24, 2009
I must have missed that on the news unless it was broadcast at six because I know I didn't heard it at eleven. But that is neither here nor there.

I would assume he headed toward Atlanta, but the metro Atlanta area is huge. By this point they could be anywhere and I doubt very seriously they are any place in WNC - not enough black people in this area where he could blend in and people not be suspicious simply because he is a black man.

If this was well thought out and she doesn't use her cell or ATM card, who knows when they might get caught ... unless he has no further use for her and she ends up with nothing and has no choice but to contact someone for help.
The Big Man

United States

#19 Mar 24, 2009
It might help if they knew they could get the texts and the number she was texting from verizon. But they may not know thay can do that. This guy was the janitor before he won sheriff. Now Swain Co can see you can take anyone to be a janitor.But not just anyone can be a sheriff. This guy has no clue what he is doing or how to hire people. He done this same stuff when the guys were killed. Keep everyone in the dark. We can help sometimes if we have stuff to go on. I say they may be thousands red ford rangers in NC. A tag number may help if they know how to run the dads name to get the tag???? 2010 put this guy back to cleaning stalls at the jail or even put him in one for this. And to think this so called sheriff. That does not even have a BLET. Went to the board in Swain Co and wanted a huge raise. Wanted to make $80 grand a year LOL. Yeah I say this is enough for Swain to not let that happen. This man is not making them feel safe is he???? The drug problem is worse than ever. But you have to look at who is Sheriff and who he has hired to be working for him. Send him back to Alarka or better Jail for this.... If this girl had help check who she was texting read the text if you can read that is Sheriff????

Since: Feb 09

Ellenboro, NC

#21 Mar 24, 2009
If they are having a problem with getting the phone information that can call the detectives on "Law & Order" cause they always running into this and they always get the phone info and this often times help them to catch the bad guy! But don't call Bobby from L & O: Criminal Intent, cause he is whack!
book-nut

Cullowhee, NC

#22 Mar 24, 2009
Surley to goodness he has enough sense to get the text info from verizon or whatever carrier she was using. I'm sure they are not letting us know everything. But then on the other hand they really blew the case when Brandon Sumner was killed in the bar in Bryson. They didn't even close the bar for the rest of the night! So I guess we can't have much faith in them handeling this case correctly either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murphy tonight Sat Slowalot 2
Jim Tom where are you? Jan 18 JG from Tenn 1
where are the single women in robbinsville? (Nov '10) Jan 18 JG from Tenn 11
Jim Tom (Jan '15) Jan 18 JG from Tenn 6
Jim Tom Is My Biological Father (Mar '16) Jan 18 JG from Tenn 7
Wildlife within the town limits Jan 9 Fire Engine Red 3
Quinty INN Motel in Cherokee N.C (Jan '16) Jan 6 OuttaTowner 2

Cherokee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance