Who do you support for Sheriff in Nor...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

United States

#21 Nov 2, 2010
Whatever wrote:
I have read about Sheriff Cochran using the funerals to campaign. What if he did? But, what if he felt like it was his obligation to pay respects, afterall, he is the highest ranking Officer, and most likely the most powerful person in the county. Oh yea, and have you thought that just maybe it takes the load off the road officers having to lead the funeral procession? I compliment the Sheriff for doing it. You talked about him using the sheriff dept cars to haul inmates to vote?? there was over a thousand vote margin!! I dont think there are that many inmates. not only that, he was driving his own personal car today!!
I feel like the county has spoken, and no matter who is in office, someone is not going to like how things are ran. I think Sheriff Cochran has been an asset to the county. He tries to get his officers whatever they need to do their jobs, he listens to their concerns and acts on them.
You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I don't understand how people can say mr. Cochran is doing a good job...it truly baffles me. What were his qualifications before becoming sheriff? I am reminded of a photo that was in the smoky mountain times of Mr. Cochran fixing the old court house clock...I am certain he had no qualifications in law enforcement. Of course the people have spoken and what's done is done...I just hope in his second term he will be more productive than his first. The citizens of swain county deserve better.
proud of the sheriff

United States

#22 Nov 3, 2010
thank you sheriff cochran for running a clean campaign. i know you were slandered, made fun of, and couldn't keep a sign down(maybe those responsible will give them back for your nex relection) but thru it all you remained a man of integerity. thank you for your dedication which was made clear by the 63-37 split that you won last night. keep up the good work and please never let the garble of a few dicate the true feelings of this county.
Part time Dem

United States

#23 Nov 3, 2010
Re: Clark comment above.

A two to one majority isn't the people speaking.

It's the people speaking rather loudly.
Swain Voter

United States

#24 Nov 3, 2010
Part time Dem wrote:
Re: Clark comment above.
A two to one majority isn't the people speaking.
It's the people speaking rather loudly.
And still they don't hear.....Talk about deaf AND dumb!! The Sheriff handled himself professionally at all times; at no time has he slandered the other candidate. He conducted himself during this election just like the man he is; with integrity. The people in this county went to the polls in droves for him yesterday, as well as the one stop voters over the past few weeks. Quite obviiously, many many Democrats crossed their party lines to do what is right...keep this man doing the job! Maybe it will be different in 4 years, but the Democrats will have to get a viable candidate to run against him. It will have to be someone besides the one they had this time.
Maiden Hope

Franklin, NC

#25 Nov 3, 2010
Swain Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
And still they don't hear.....Talk about deaf AND dumb!! The Sheriff handled himself professionally at all times; at no time has he slandered the other candidate. He conducted himself during this election just like the man he is; with integrity. The people in this county went to the polls in droves for him yesterday, as well as the one stop voters over the past few weeks. Quite obviiously, many many Democrats crossed their party lines to do what is right...keep this man doing the job! Maybe it will be different in 4 years, but the Democrats will have to get a viable candidate to run against him. It will have to be someone besides the one they had this time.
There is nothing professional about him. You see only what you want to see. You don't see what has really been going on and as long as he can keep it hid, you will never see it. I guess its another four years of lawsuit after lawsuit. I also don't think its fair assume that the county as a whole supports him. Many people in this county have seen the other side and are screaming for help, while the rest of you sit blindly in the dark. One day you will understand whats really been going on.
Anonymous

Boiling Springs, SC

#26 Nov 4, 2010
Maiden Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing professional about him. You see only what you want to see. You don't see what has really been going on and as long as he can keep it hid, you will never see it. I guess its another four years of lawsuit after lawsuit. I also don't think its fair assume that the county as a whole supports him. Many people in this county have seen the other side and are screaming for help, while the rest of you sit blindly in the dark. One day you will understand whats really been going on.
I completely agree with you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alcohol in graham county (Jul '15) 8 hr Timmy_ 7
Genealogy Research (Jan '15) Wed Thunder Valley 12
Beware of Julie - Hairdresser Tue Anonymous 3
Christin Willis May 21 Anonymous 1
Is law enforcement letting linda get away with ... (Jun '13) May 12 CGJ 7
Amber greene May 8 Old friend 9
Look at this yankee (Jan '12) May 5 T-Money 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherokee Mortgages