ky gal

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

coming there in the summer and was wondering whats to do and a good clean place to stay?
Kennysgirl1

Murphy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Angel Cabins is wonderful and there is a lot of stuff to do in the area such as the Great Smoky Mountain National Parks, tubing, train rides and Fontana Lake.
local

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Judged:

You can go to Franklin and watch the drug deals go down in the store parking lot or listen to some bums play music for change.
Yup

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

local wrote:
You can go to Franklin and watch the drug deals go down in the store parking lot or listen to some bums play music for change.
And most of those now participating in this type of activities originally came here for the summer asking what is there to do here and where is a clean place to stay.....
ky gal

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Well i thought that it might be something that my family would enjoy but you f*ckers can kiss my redneck a$$.
ky gal

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
And most of those now participating in this type of activities originally came here for the summer asking what is there to do here and where is a clean place to stay.....
which one are you, the drug dealer or the bum?
Yup

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

ky gal wrote:
<quoted text> which one are you, the drug dealer or the bum?
Neither, thank you. I'm just someone who has watched our way of life here erroded by outsiders who "loved the area" and decided to stay here bringing their ways with them. Sad what this place has become. Decent people are still welcome but they don't like it here any more either. Get my drift?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Outsiders go home.
ky gal

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

Its funny that you say that now. But im sure you love the money that we bring to your area? Without us you would have no jobs! Jackass!
Mountain Ford

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

WOW! Mountain Ford and all of bryson city business owners would welcome you to bryson city. Not all of our residents have the same opinion as those on this page! please come and visit the smokey mountains. Gary Jennings
Yup

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

ky gal wrote:
Its funny that you say that now. But im sure you love the money that we bring to your area? Without us you would have no jobs! Jackass!
MY job doesn't require YOUR money to make a living. I work for a living, I do not gravel to the tourist dollar. Some would sell their souls for it, but some of us still have our morals to lead us. There are plenty of tourist traps around so go for it, but leave that "better than mountain people" attitude at home before you come. You do that and you will get along fine visiting here. Most true locals will be very kind to you if use your manners. Transplants are holding their hands out for your money, or will teach you to make and sell drugs if you don't already know how.
Yup

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

By the way, my name is not the one you called me. What does ky in your name stand for anyway, some kind of jelly?
Local

Coudersport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

All this person asked for was an idea on where to stay. What is wrong with you people? How did one question turn into this! It's crazy. This is a beautiful area with many wonderful things to do and all the normal people here welcome tourists. Just like we are welcome when we vacation at the beach and other places. Wow!
Kennysgirl1

Andrews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

Local wrote:
All this person asked for was an idea on where to stay. What is wrong with you people? How did one question turn into this! It's crazy. This is a beautiful area with many wonderful things to do and all the normal people here welcome tourists. Just like we are welcome when we vacation at the beach and other places. Wow!
I agree with you I love Bryson City, NC it is an amazing place to live, visit and belong. Apparently these people have nothing better to do than be on the computer putting down where they live. If they don't like it move! There are always going to be someone who lives on negativity and has issues. This is a great place to visit please don't listen to ignorance of some!
ky gal

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

local wrote:
Kentucky gal! And no i dont make or sell drugs. Im a 40 year old women that speaks her mind!
kentucky gal

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Yup wrote:
By the way, my name is not the one you called me. What does ky in your name stand for anyway, some kind of jelly?
Hows that? It stands for kentucky!
Francis Shuler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

Kentucky Gal,

Pay no attention to what that "Yup" person is saying.

Bryson City is wonderful quant town and welcomes you with open arm. I was born and raised here and the mountain people were raised better than this Yup person is displaying.( judging by his hatefullness, I imagine he must be going through some hard times, not sure why he wants to take that out on others.)

My parents and grandparents never met a stranger. I remember my Papaw telling me stories about the out-of-towners that would come in on horse and buggy and pull right up to folks homes and they were greated with a open arms and a warm cooked meal.

Check out our local chamber of commerces website for some ideas on where to say and all the wonderful things to do.

www.brysoncity.com

Blessings.
Yup

Murphy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Francis, take your blinders off. KY might be a fine person welcome any where she goes, but so many that slithered in here are not and you know it if you ever leave your house or unless you are one of the precious few who have not been a victim. Have you watched TV or read a newspaper in the last 10 years? Crime is up so much and how many murders have happened just in Swain County in the last year? How about home invasions? Larceny and assaults? Drugs are rampant and you have to have heard something about whats going on. The courts are overfull. My point is that she maybe wants to watch her back around here, not for me, but from the kind who have brought their ways here and from stupid locals who have welcomed them and taken up their habits. Yeah, way is is to welcome folks but we have to watch WHO we welcome. Her attitude about how her money is so important offended me, but my point is that we do not have the wonderful community we once had. Anyone who is aware of anything knows things have changed. There are good visitors and the bad ones as well. Please don't decieve the nice people just to get them to come here and spend that dollar!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 7 min Red Square 58,260
Remembering chief Dennis Wolf (Aug '10) 21 hr niteowl4 10
Debate: Marijuana - Robbinsville, NC (Aug '10) Aug 19 bikefix 9
looking Aug 19 bikefix 1
heritage Aug 17 citizen 3
Select Homes Property Management Company Aug 14 Seth Ashford 2
Amanda Sutton Aug 13 anonymous 9

Search the Cherokee Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Cherokee Jobs

•••