Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>THAT was funny!! I needed it, worked like a dog today. Dang, we were busy, I never knew .22 ammo was so popular.
Lu, I thought it was funny and it got rid of Mike, so I got a twofer.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And just what is wrong with sympathizing? I think it is a good trait. Being non empathetic is a poor trait.
So you cannot answer the question? So are you disagreeing with my opinion on whether being empathetic is a good trait?
\

"Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat = sympathizer
Just like the men folk who have sympathetic "labor pains"
And just what is wrong with sympathizing? I think it is a good trait. Being non empathetic is a poor trait."

-"Sympathizing" as listening to someone's problem while agreeing that the person is right.

-"Empathizing" as listening to someone's problem and emotionally connecting to how the person feels about this problem, without judging whether the person is right or wrong.

Now that we have established the difference between the two, I think answer is pretty clear but I will elaborate. I found this idea and it might help you understand better Mike...

"First thing that I want to share is that sympathy and empathy are not the same thing. Sympathy is about feeling sorry for people and wanting to help them with their problems. When we are in this mode of thinking, we offer suggestions, try to help and worry for them. It is full of phrases like:“Oh, what a shame.”“That’s too bad.”“That’s awful.” Empathy on the other hand, is about understanding the difficulties and pain that someone is going through, without getting involved. It has more neutral phrases like:“That can be a very challenging problem or situation.”“That seems to be very painful.”“You seem to be struggling with it.” You’re acknowledging other people’s problems without owning them.

That difference is very important for a psychic person because we have a tendency to take on the problems of the world as our own. It is important not to do this because we are less likely to want to help them. And helping other people is what makes us feel good about ourselves. To put this another way: If we want to feel good about ourselves and help people, then we have to learn how to have empathy without sympathy. We must have compassion for others, but not live their problems with them."

The most important statement in all of that is...

"We must have compassion for others, but not live their problems with them"

All democrats are trying to live others problems and fix them with out being asked...like gun control, taxing the wealthy, entitlement programs...

Most republicans don't follow the democrats notion because we expect people to help themselves, then help others. You disagree, of course, for whatever reason.

I think your misunderstanding of sympathy and empathy are some of the reasons why you disagree with how my wife and I raised our kids. Which you can have your opinion, but, you don't have a say. I asked for an address and you renig'd. So, you don't get a say.

And contrary to what you might think Mike, we ALL see and know you are not an expert on everything. We ALL see how much of a coward and full of shit you really are.

I'd tell you to go eat a dick, but I know you'd enjoy it convict.

http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/2009/07/15...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Harvard Study: Gun Control Is Counterproductive
I've just learned that Washington, D.C.'s petition for a rehearing of the Parker case in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit was denied today. This is good news. Readers will recall in this case that the D.C. Circuit overturned the decades-long ban on gun
ownership in the nation's capitol on Second Amendment grounds.

However, as my colleague Peter Ferrara explained in his National Review On line article following the initial decision in March, it looks very likely that the United States Supreme Court will take the case on appeal. When it does so - beyond seriously considering the clear original intent of the Second Amendment to protect an individual's right to armed self-defense - the justices of the U.S. Supreme Court would be wise to take into account the findings of a recent study out of Harvard.

The study, which just appeared in Volume 30, Number 2 of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pp. 649-694), set out to answer the question in its title: "Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? emphatic no, showing a negative correlation: as gun ownership increases, murder and suicide decreases.

The findings of two criminologists - Prof. Don Kates and Prof. Gary Mauser - in their exhaustive study of American and European gun laws and violence rates, are telling:

Nations with stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those that do not. The study found that the nine European nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership (5,000 or fewer guns per 100,000 population) have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of the nine nations with the highest rates of gun ownership (at least 15,000 guns per 100,000 population).

For example, Norway has the highest rate of gun ownership in Western Europe, yet possesses the lowest murder rate. In contrast, Holland's murder rate is nearly the worst, despite having the lowest gun ownership rate in Western Europe.

If the mantra "more guns equal more death and fewer guns equal less death" were true, broad cross-national comparisons should show that nations with higher gun ownership per capita consistently have more death. Nations with higher gun ownership rates, however, do not have higher murder or suicide rates than those with lower gun ownership. Indeed many high gun ownership nations have much lower murder rates.(p. 661)

Finally, and as if to prove the bumper sticker correct - that "gun don't kill people, people do" - the study also shows that Russia's murder rate is four times higher than the U.S. and more than 20 times higher than Norway. This, in a country that practically eradicated private gun ownership over the course of decades of totalitarian rule and police state methods of suppression. Needless to say, very few Russian murders involve guns.

[P]er capita murder overall is only half as frequent in the United States as in several other nations where gun murder is rarer, but murder by strangling, stabbing, or beating is much more frequent.(p. 663 - emphases in original)

It is important to note here that Profs. Kates and Mauser are not pro-gun zealots. In fact, they go out of their way to stress that their study neither proves that gun control causes higher murder rates nor that increased gun ownership necessarily leads to lower murder rates.(Though, in my view, Prof. John Lott's More Guns, Less Crime does indeed prove the latter.) But what is clear, and what they do say, is that gun control is ineffectual at preventing murder, and apparently counter productive.

Not only is the D.C. gun ban ill-conceived on constitutional grounds, it fails to live up to its purpose. If the astronomical murder rate in the nation's capitol, in comparison to cities where gun ownership is permitted, didn't already make that fact clear, this study out of Harvard should.
Bruser

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu, I thought it was funny and it got rid of Mike, so I got a twofer.
Congrats, I hope it works:). Sheetrock the Alamo, too much!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>\
"Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat = sympathizer
And just what is wrong with sympathizing? I think it is a good trait. Being non empathetic is a poor trait."
-"Sympathizing" as listening to someone's problem while agreeing that the person is right.
-"Empathizing" as listening to someone's problem and emotionally connecting to how the person feels about this problem, without judging whether the person is right or wrong.
Now that we have established the difference between the two, I think answer is pretty clear but I will elaborate. I found this idea and it might help you understand better Mike...
"First thing that I want to share is that sympathy and empathy are not the same thing. Sympathy is about feeling sorry for people and wanting to help them with their problems. When we are in this mode of thinking, we offer suggestions, try to help and worry for them. It is full of phrases like:“Oh, what a shame.”“That’s too bad.”“That’s awful.” Empathy on the other hand, is about understanding the difficulties and pain that someone is going through, without getting involved. It has more neutral phrases like:“That can be a very challenging problem or situation.”“That seems to be very painful.”“You seem to be struggling with it.” You’re acknowledging other people’s problems without owning them.
That difference is very important for a psychic person because we have a tendency to take on the problems of the world as our own. It is important not to do this because we are less likely to want to help them. And helping other people is what makes us feel good about ourselves. To put this another way: If we want to feel good about ourselves and help people, then we have to learn how to have empathy without sympathy. We must have compassion for others, but not live their problems with them."
All democrats are trying to live others problems and fix them with out being asked...like gun control, taxing the wealthy, entitlement programs...
Most republicans don't follow the democrats notion because we expect people to help themselves, then help others. You disagree, of course, for whatever reason.
I think your misunderstanding of sympathy and empathy are some of the reasons why you disagree with how my wife and I raised our kids. Which you can have your opinion, but, you don't have a say. I asked for an address and you renig'd. So, you don't get a say.
And contrary to what you might think Mike, we ALL see and know you are not an expert on everything. We ALL see how much of a coward and full of shit you really are.
Wow, Silver. Glad to hear the you "empathize" with all black people. I just knew you were a real Christian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>\
"Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat = sympathizer
HERE HERE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Silver. Glad to hear the you "empathize" with all black people. I just knew you were a real Christian.
proud of your white heritage yet? Bet if you looked far enough in your geneology, you'd find white folk that owned slaves...

Must be hard being a Democrat..."Life" full of contradictions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggested segregation, but you scoffed the idea. You want respect that isn't earned. You want a fair say without working for it.

And it would appear, from the last election, that "race" is the only thing that does matter to democrats.

Plus financial segregation, is the best segregation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine in Wilmington sent me this earlier...

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2013/02/01/nc-represen...

Thought of you AZ and laughed...

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggested segregation, but you scoffed the idea. You want respect that isn't earned. You want a fair say without working for it.
And it would appear, from the last election, that "race" is the only thing that does matter to democrats.
Plus financial segregation, is the best segregation.
As long as the world is round, there will be financial segregation, which is a point, I must say, that I made only a few days after you appeared on"Topix"here.I try to at LEAST remember my own words, haaaa! YESSIR, you could have an IQ of 1200, with ten Congressional Medals of Honor, be as white as cole slaw , and you STILL couldn't get in one of them fancy super-rich person country clubs!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

It goes without saying, I was referring to all NON-RICH people.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

I'll say this though.If they don't want me in their country club, I sure as hell don't want to be there, anyway.Guess everybody be happy, then.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
proud of your white heritage yet? Bet if you looked far enough in your geneology, you'd find white folk that owned slaves...
Must be hard being a Democrat..."Life" full of contradictions.
Yes, proud of my white heritage, especially Bob Dylan and The Beatles. Your segment makes my white skin makes me want to run and hide.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Image: UNL Photojournalism
Some food stamp recipients in Idaho are apparently blowing their wad come the first of the month, consuming their purchases too quickly, and finding themselves belly up before the next allotment of state aid, reports Boise's KTVB.

A proposal being floated by lawmakers in the Gem State would spread food stamp distribution across ten days in a given month, rather than the first day of that month. Following complaints by grocery stores that too many folks are buying up stock all at once, and by food stamp users themselves who say they're plum out of stuff to eat before the next installment of stamps, the move is designed to help folks eat in a more sustainable way.

It's a plan that comes with a hefty price tag, however:$700,000 initially, and more than $200,000 on an ongoing basis. Much of that cost would come from embossing recipients' names onto food cards to help reduce fraud. The plan means that many more cards will need to be issued each month.

The program will also involve an educational component. "I would like to use this money to educate people on how they can use their food stamps more efficiently and stretch them over the month," said Republican State Senator Pattie Anne Lodge.

But Democratic State Senator Les Bock disagrees with the idea: "I have trouble seeing any benefit to the state, or for that matter, benefit to the recipients."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

If Democrats are serious about trying to turn Texas blue, they should get a gander at a just-released poll of Lone Star State voters that found 67 percent of Republican respondents support the impeachment of President Obama.

Of greater concern for liberals: the poll was conducted by the left-leaning Public Policy Polling.

As a whole, Texans opposed impeachment 50 percent to 39 percent.

But in the crosstabs, PPP broke this down by party affiliation with Democrats opposed 83 percent to 12 percent, Republicans in favor 67 percent to 18 percent, and Independents opposed 54 percent to 32 percent.

Amazing that even 12 percent of Democrats support impeachment.

Read more: http://cowboybyte.com/18391/poll-67-of-texas-...
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

At the republikan convention in Charlotte last week, Bobby Jindal argued that the republikan party needs to stop being the party of stupid.. Rick Perry gave the rebutal. (:
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

No need to worry. They are probably already watching you. A man in Charlotte was arrested and held so he could not attend the DNC. His most serious previous offense? Fishing without a license.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, just this very night I have learned that Topix does monitor posting. I probably should not have started my post with "I'm just discussing this with TSF, so I don't want Homeland Security at my door later tonight". Then I went all into the differences of uranium, how it works, what bombs can be made and even gave you a just for fun brainyac (?) math problem. Guess what, it never posted. Might want to drop this discussion and hope I don't have unexpected company tonight. You was off just a smidge and we both were kind of on the same page, but in the words of Bob Seger we'd better "Turn the Page."
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Obama called the attack on our embassy in Turkey a terrorist act. Republikans are already trying to say that he denied it was done by terroritst.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

A glider pilot circled a nuclear power plant in unrestricted airspace in SC trying to get lift to continue his cross country flight.. The idiots at the Darlington County sheriff's office and TSA agents thought they had the authority to shoot the glider down. After commandering an airport and checking with the FAA, they discovered that 1. The pilot had broken no laws 2 . had violated no airspace restrictions 3.local law enforcement certainly DOES NOT have the authority to shoot down ANY aircraft
These idiots are out of control.
TSF wrote:
No need to worry. They are probably already watching you. A man in Charlotte was arrested and held so he could not attend the DNC. His most serious previous offense? Fishing without a license.
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!! I couldn't believe my post didn't even get posted. I remember the day you or someone showed a list of words you shouldn't say on the internet and then you typed them all and said "I said them". Goodness gracious, it's not like I was giving out classified information. The information is taught in high schools and colleges. For all I know I might be charged for bombing the embassy in Turkey. Go figure!!! BTW, I had a really tough math equation just for fun and dad burn, we'll never know if you could have solved it. Oh well, another day in Big Brotherhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Cherokee Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cherokee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••