DSS board asked to resign

Mar 9, 2011 Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

DSS board asked to resign Inaction upsets Swain leaders Comments Jasmine Littlejohn interview: Jasmine Littlejohn interview Jon Ostendorff BRYSON CITY - Swain County commissioners called Wednesday for social services board members to resign after they failed to reach consensus on suspending four workers named in a death investigation.

Full Story
Bryson City

United States

#1 Mar 11, 2011
Everone wants Dss to be punished.(Lord only knows they need it)But what is going to happen to the Gt Aunt. She is just as much blame if not more for the death of that poor little baby. That Mother on TV whinning. Well if she was much of a Mother she wouldn't be in jail for drugs. If she was worth a flip she would have been home taking care of that poor little baby.Who is going to push for punishment for the Gt Aunt.
mommyof2

Bryson City, NC

#2 Mar 11, 2011
Exactly! I have 2 beautiful children and you better believe I make them my top priority! You have got no right to blame anyone else for the way your child is taken care of, that is YOUR job and when you chose drugs over your kids then point the finger at yourself!!!!
I agree

Franklin, NC

#3 Mar 12, 2011
100% agree! It is ashame that we have to have an organization such as DSS cause of all these dumb a$$ people who can't take care of thier self much less there children. It is a crying shame that the child is the one that suffers. My heart bleeds for the poor innocent children that have to suffer from thier ill bred parents self imposed ignorants. May God forgive us all.
Scrooge1960

United States

#4 Mar 16, 2011
The great aunt and mother should be charged with neglect and murder,the aunt knew the baby needed changing,FOOD & WATER. Babies can not take care of their self.If I done this to my own son or granddaughter I would have or wished some-one would go ahead and shoot me,and get me out of my mirsery for doing what I know is wrong.If you do not pay here you surly will when you stand before our LORD and GOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 36 min Liberal forever 60,074
urgent care (Jun '13) Sep 17 Peter Simmons 2
Suspect posing as policeman allegedly raped child Sep 10 FLORIDA 1
Remembering chief Dennis Wolf (Aug '10) Sep 7 hush24112 11
Ghost town open? Sep 5 Cassie 2
Swain county and Bryson City politics Sep 1 Former resident 1
Quin Theater Sucks (Apr '11) Aug '14 jadevi6 30

Cherokee Jobs

Cherokee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cherokee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cherokee

Personal Finance