Swain DSS workers banned from Cherokee

Mar 21, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Five social workers named in the police investigation into the death of Aubrey Littlejohn will no longer work on the Cherokee Indian Reservation.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2012
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

why is it taking so long to get the autopsy results?
Banned LOL

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Banned from Cherokee? it was probably all part of their cunning plan to never have to cross over the line into that cesspit. If I worked for DSS, I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to work over in Methokee.
ok then

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

banned lol you need to look right here in Bryson City this is the meth capitol. it is here as much if not more than it is other places ruining peoples lives.
Banned LOL

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Simple solution to the problem: instead of putting users in jail or forcing them to go to a state operated rehab that doesn't work, the state should execute anybody with more than one arrest for hard narcotics.
ok then

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

I can't agree with that Death is more than harsh. However if the judges would give time in jail instead of probation and then add on some rehabilation that last more than a week, people would atleast have a small chance of getting off that junk.
Scrooge 1960

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

I would say there is as much meth in Bryson City as there is in Cherokee. At least the CPD Chief seems to be cracking down on drugs, where Curtis "The Sheriff" is cracking down on stopping people for no reasons.There have been reports of drug dealing in Swain County and nothing ever done,but the dealer moves to another part of the county after being reported,wonder why that is, We need help in Swain.
ok then

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

scrooge 1960 I couldn't agree more
RezReasons

Cherokee, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

swain county has more drug houses and more ppl transporting drugs to cherokee county. than the reservation the reservation alone has only had 35 cases in which have actually turned up to be 100% crack and bust of drugs. before we can compile all of the blame on the reservation lets look at what they do for bryson city... 1. when you guys need tourist where do they come from? Cherokee! 2. When you have major problems with escape convicts who helps the most? Cherokee! 3. Who is keeping 1940's bryson city alive with a heartbeat? Cherokee! We give you guys our business with inmates who need to be held til hearing with jail. we loaned bryson city alone in between the years of 2001 and 2009 a total of 25.3million dollars for road repair and upgrades. so next time before you blame cherokee for being a drug infested methokee (banned) you might wanna read up who's keeping your city and county alive.
ok then

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

rezreasons I am not even going to pretend i know the history of the money but you seem to know what you are talking about so I will say this. I do agree that bryson has taken the leader in the most meth dealers. This town may be getting a new makeover on its old buildings but the important part the underbelly of the town is not gaining any headway its full of drugs that are ruining our nice little quiet town.
maroon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Banned LOL wrote:
Banned from Cherokee? it was probably all part of their cunning plan to never have to cross over the line into that cesspit. If I worked for DSS, I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to work over in Methokee.
The DSS director is a member of the tribe !!!
Bryson Hater

Cullowhee, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

RezReasons wrote:
swain county has more drug houses and more ppl transporting drugs to cherokee county. than the reservation the reservation alone has only had 35 cases in which have actually turned up to be 100% crack and bust of drugs. before we can compile all of the blame on the reservation lets look at what they do for bryson city... 1. when you guys need tourist where do they come from? Cherokee! 2. When you have major problems with escape convicts who helps the most? Cherokee! 3. Who is keeping 1940's bryson city alive with a heartbeat? Cherokee! We give you guys our business with inmates who need to be held til hearing with jail. we loaned bryson city alone in between the years of 2001 and 2009 a total of 25.3million dollars for road repair and upgrades. so next time before you blame cherokee for being a drug infested methokee (banned) you might wanna read up who's keeping your city and county alive.
I would be more than willing to write off Bryson as well. We should gift both the reservation and Bryson City to Tennessee.
Bryson City

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Does anyone know if the Gt. Aunt is going to be charged. She is just as quilty if not more than DSS. And DSS is quilty for letting all this happen.
Shallow Bird

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Bryson City wrote:
Does anyone know if the Gt. Aunt is going to be charged. She is just as quilty if not more than DSS. And DSS is quilty for letting all this happen.
I AGREE. The great aunt is just as guilty...and should also be charged as well the the people that was with caretaker the day before the baby died and witnessed it not getting fed and sitting in a care seat for 12 hours.
Shallow Bird

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Scrooge 1960 wrote:
I would say there is as much meth in Bryson City as there is in Cherokee. At least the CPD Chief seems to be cracking down on drugs, where Curtis "The Sheriff" is cracking down on stopping people for no reasons.There have been reports of drug dealing in Swain County and nothing ever done,but the dealer moves to another part of the county after being reported,wonder why that is, We need help in Swain.
I doubt this about the Cherokee Chief. Their is an officer who works in the PD who calls people who gives you a head up. Or if they are charged the officer doesnt show up for court so the charged are dismissed. There sure are drugs on Kallup McCoy road and has been for years, but as we all know nobody has been busted and never will.

Sheriff Cochran is just not worried about busting nobody. He is to busy having his picture on the front page when inmates escape.
kyclipper

Ravenden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

well-well-well,,,i hear this same complaint in every little town i travel in,,,
drugs-drugs-drugs,,,of one kind or another,,,
no matter how ya cut the cake,,it,s up to law enforcement to take care of matters such as this,,,
but if the law dos,nt follow through ,,then mabee the citizenery has the right to take care of the matter themselves,,,
money talks loud,,but good old fashon JUSTICE speaks truth and rightiousness,,,
to get rid of the problem drugs ,,you have to get rid of the drug makers and moneymen,,,
kyclipper
--very-verbose

Sylva, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

maroon wrote:
<quoted text>The DSS director is a member of the tribe !!!
There lies the problem. Too many Cherokee agents working for there tribe in the state, our captital is Raleigh, we are citizens of North Carolina under the laws of North Carolina. The Cherokee are a Sovereign Nation overseen by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA),(Federal govt).

The Tribe is trying to have it both ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Cherokee Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cherokee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••