Obama's Wife Watches Mouth

Obama's Wife Watches Mouth

There are 38 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 21, 2008, titled Obama's Wife Watches Mouth. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

COLUMBUS, Ohio - - It is one of Barack Obama 's most reliable laugh lines. Coming at the close of his stump speech, it goes, "I am reminded every day of my life - if not by events, then by my wife - that I am ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chu

Gales Ferry, CT

#23 Feb 25, 2008
ftec wrote:
Is Obamas wife a White hater? or just a America Hater? Is she a stay at home Mom? Im sure they live in the Northshore where they have no clue what the real world is. Where is brother Al Sharpton... They been keeping his mouth out of the main news outlets.. I wonder why? Hmmm
ftec, I think she is a white hater and an American hater, she is quoted as saying," this is the first time in my adult life I have been proud to be an American", is this the kind of person the voters want in the White House??????

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#24 Feb 25, 2008
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Oh you silly haven't you heard they are for "change" people should worry about that "chage" because you will be short changed! Poor Michelle educated in some of the worlds best Universities, teaching her favorite doctrines and she has never been proud, sad. We as a nation have plenty to be proud of as well some things to be ashamed of, in her life time. We won't go back in history, thats done. I could think of some very positive things done but they will fall on deaf ears. I hate to say it but it looks like Mcain in 08
Ah, yes change! Like we never hear that in anyone else's political speeches. Yes "change" is certainly a unique concept that Obama came up with all by himself. Ha!

“Ignorance is not always bliss.”

Since: Jan 08

small town Indiana

#25 Feb 25, 2008
CPC wrote:
<quoted text>
My thought is that they overlooked Obama completely because they focused entirely on Hillary. It's because he's winning that they are focusing on his wife.
Could be that Michelle gave them something to focus on and they ran out of stuff for Hillary for the time being.
Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Feb 25, 2008
ftec wrote:
Obama in '08
No, he's too liberal.
Democrat for Life

Ashburn, VA

#27 Feb 25, 2008
I guess this goes to show she's just as racist as her husband.
CPC

Warren, NJ

#28 Feb 25, 2008
Purl wrote:
<quoted text>Could be that Michelle gave them something to focus on and they ran out of stuff for Hillary for the time being.
They never run out of stuff on Hillary, they just found an opportunity to pounce on her competition. If Bill had said this instead of Obama's wife the media would have ignored it.
Bushcrud

United States

#29 Feb 29, 2008
CPC wrote:
<quoted text>
They never run out of stuff on Hillary, they just found an opportunity to pounce on her competition. If Bill had said this instead of Obama's wife the media would have ignored it.
you're insane....the media trashes the clintons every chance it gets. Obama is treated like the second comming of Christ
CPC

Cheshire, CT

#30 Feb 29, 2008
Bushcrud wrote:
<quoted text>
you're insane....the media trashes the clintons every chance it gets. Obama is treated like the second comming of Christ
Go to any major news website and you will see more press on Hillary than Obama. Even on Drudge. So what if it's to trash her, she is still the focus. That's all that matters. Right now they are already talking about her contesting the Texas vote! No matter what the outcome in Texas now, she is the focus of the media! You don't have to be insane to see that.
ftec

United States

#31 Feb 29, 2008
I been tring to figure Obama out? I cant get a reading one way or the other. But one thing is that he is being proped up by some serious Libers. And Obama has thin skin - Cant handle the real world.
MrLogical

Milldale, CT

#32 Feb 29, 2008
ftec wrote:
I been tring to figure Obama out? I cant get a reading one way or the other. But one thing is that he is being proped up by some serious Libers. And Obama has thin skin - Cant handle the real world.
Wah? You can't figure this guy out? You're kidding - right?
Chu

Marlborough, CT

#33 Mar 1, 2008
Obama is an empty suit, he makes great speechs but says nothing, as Mondale said, "Where's the beef"???
red

Supply, NC

#34 Mar 1, 2008
CPC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary gets free press all the time. There was talk of her presidency run long before Obama.
There's a reason for that. People wanted and expected a Clinton back in office! To be honest you have to wonder if a black man would be running if he was not running against a woman.
Bob

Van Wert, OH

#35 Mar 1, 2008
Any one read her thesis? It reads like the diary of an angry, racist bitch. She went to Princeton, one of the finest universities in the world, and all she could do was complain about being black. Only a like minded man would marry a nasty woman like her. Just wait until McCain is finished stomping on Obama. Her not proud to be an American statement will pale in comparison to the racist ranting she will do.
Get Real

Granby, CT

#36 Mar 1, 2008
who cares...not a big deal.
Bitter EX democrackkk

Asheville, NC

#37 Mar 1, 2008
MrLogical wrote:
These self-absorbed people - the Obamas - represent the worst of America: People who went to the finest schools in America, have a combined income approaching a million dollars, and have it better than 99.9% of the people in the world and yet they can't stand to admit that America is the best nation on Earth.
This man and his wife are a walking, talking paragon example of selfish ingratitude.
No truer words ever written sir, THANKS for the TRUTH about them! I just cant fathom why so many imbeciles are infatuated with this guy...ok, he can speak well, but there's ZERO qualification there! His wife is lovely but she's as power hungry as the Hildebeest!
Iron Ranger

Eden Prairie, MN

#38 Mar 1, 2008
She was prancing about with a band & trying to conduct it on TV. She is enough to cost him the Presidency.
Mary H

Willimantic, CT

#39 Mar 1, 2008
CPC wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill has been criticized plenty for comments he's made. You cannot prove the media would have ignored a similar comment if Bill made it.

Regardless, the comment reveals a lot about Mrs. Obama. The fact is she said it and it is troubling to many of us.
gil b

Maxton, NC

#40 Apr 9, 2008
Obama is a trial run for some future SLICKSTER, who will come to power by total, sincere deception. And 50% or more of the American electorate is falling for the current deception. As Kevin Costner said in Open Range: "A man (or woman) will tell you his real intentions. Just listen to what he says."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheraw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Want to earn up to $4,000 at home? Nov 29 Justinaverette69 1
Lean drank road to heroin Nov '17 three blocks 1
Review: Misty Carolina Atkinson Oct '17 MISTY CAROLINA AT... 1
Playing a Part Oct '17 ConfusedandInDisb... 1
News Darlington man faces another murder charge (Jul '11) Oct '17 FireFellow44 4
Hartsville Music Forum (Nov '12) Aug '17 Musikologist 16
Looking Jul '17 Friend 1

Cheraw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cheraw Mortgages