Obama's Wife Watches Mouth

Obama's Wife Watches Mouth

There are 38 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 21, 2008, titled Obama's Wife Watches Mouth. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

COLUMBUS, Ohio - - It is one of Barack Obama 's most reliable laugh lines. Coming at the close of his stump speech, it goes, "I am reminded every day of my life - if not by events, then by my wife - that I am ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ezmoney

Tacoma, WA

#1 Feb 24, 2008
Another good reason not to vote for Obama - his wife

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#2 Feb 24, 2008
So it took her husband running for president, and people voting for him in the primaries, for her to be proud of this country? Pretty self-serving Mrs. Obama. If this country has been such a disappointment until now then why even stay?
inapart

Columbia, SC

#3 Feb 24, 2008
Maxie wrote:
So it took her husband running for president, and people voting for him in the primaries, for her to be proud of this country? Pretty self-serving Mrs. Obama. If this country has been such a disappointment until now then why even stay?
Is that how it works???? PATRIOTISM????

The country has to benefit you, as an individual, in order for one to be PROUD OF THEIR COUNTRY????

Osama's wife is a phony, just as her husband is.
MrLogical

Portland, CT

#4 Feb 24, 2008
These self-absorbed people - the Obamas - represent the worst of America: People who went to the finest schools in America, have a combined income approaching a million dollars, and have it better than 99.9% of the people in the world and yet they can't stand to admit that America is the best nation on Earth.

This man and his wife are a walking, talking paragon example of selfish ingratitude.

Since: Feb 08

Scottsburg, IN

#5 Feb 24, 2008
Obama, you need to get your own record checked. Remember, Hillary is running on her record, not her husband's. Are you running on Michelle's record? So far, that's not so good, but I'm sure her views reflect your's. Your time is coming and I don't mean that in a good way. Americans will see the "truth that is Obama", before its too late to vote for Hillary. moblou-KY
jeff

United States

#8 Feb 24, 2008
Maxie wrote:
Oh you silly haven't you heard they are for "change" people should worry about that "chage" because you will be short changed! Poor Michelle educated in some of the worlds best Universities, teaching her favorite doctrines and she has never been proud, sad. We as a nation have plenty to be proud of as well some things to be ashamed of, in her life time. We won't go back in history, thats done. I could think of some very positive things done but they will fall on deaf ears. I hate to say it but it looks like Mcain in 08
Bushcrud

United States

#9 Feb 24, 2008
finally she's getting what she deserves.....it's not just open season on the Clintons.....again
Schmitty

United States

#10 Feb 24, 2008
ezmoney wrote:
Another good reason not to vote for Obama - his wife
IF OBAMA HUSSEIN IS SMART HE WILL TELL HIS ANTI-AMERICAN WIFE TO SHUT HER PIE HOLE!!!
JEB

Great Falls, MT

#11 Feb 24, 2008
They will try to cover up and excuse her comments... but for one moment she spoke what she felt. Pure racism...
CPC

Warren, NJ

#12 Feb 24, 2008
I have to be honest here. So what if she said what she said. This is the closest that a black candidate has come to the presidency, and not just on voting from the black population.

You have to realize that the media really wants Clinton to win. Read the article. Do you think anyone would ask either Bill or Hillary if they would support Obama if he won? Hell No! That's why they edited out his wife's statement that she would support Hillary if she won. Your 'liberal' media channels are as racist as they come.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Dallas, TX

#13 Feb 24, 2008
CPC wrote:
I have to be honest here. So what if she said what she said. This is the closest that a black candidate has come to the presidency, and not just on voting from the black population.
What does her skin color have to do with it?

She admitted that she has never been proud of this country, and that is a shockingly ignorant thing for any prospective First Lady to say.
Chu

Farmington, CT

#14 Feb 24, 2008
Mrs Obama let the cat out of the bag when she said," for the first time in my adult life I am proud to be an American". Is this what we want in the White House, someone who has not been proud to be an American? She is married to an empty suit, someone who makes speechs and spouts his wishes but has no plan for anything, "wheres the beef", there is none.

“Ignorance is not always bliss.”

Since: Jan 08

small town Indiana

#15 Feb 24, 2008
CPC wrote:
You have to realize that the media really wants Clinton to win. Read the article. Do you think anyone would ask either Bill or Hillary if they would support Obama if he won? Hell No! That's why they edited out his wife's statement that she would support Hillary if she won. Your 'liberal' media channels are as racist as they come.
Wow, if anything the media has went out of their way overlooking things for the Obama campaign. They finally bring something up that is negative and miss-leading about the Obamas and you're concerned.
CPC

Warren, NJ

#16 Feb 24, 2008
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
She admitted that she has never been proud of this country, and that is a shockingly ignorant thing for any prospective First Lady to say.
My opinion is that the liberal media is sold on Hillary and has a problem with Obama. There was absolutely no stink when Bill compared Obama to Jesse Jackson, but they pounce on Obama's wife and even alter the perception of her interviews.
CPC

Warren, NJ

#17 Feb 24, 2008
Purl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, if anything the media has went out of their way overlooking things for the Obama campaign. They finally bring something up that is negative and miss-leading about the Obamas and you're concerned.
My thought is that they overlooked Obama completely because they focused entirely on Hillary. It's because he's winning that they are focusing on his wife.
momof2girls

Colonia, NJ

#18 Feb 24, 2008
CPC wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion is that the liberal media is sold on Hillary and has a problem with Obama. There was absolutely no stink when Bill compared Obama to Jesse Jackson, but they pounce on Obama's wife and even alter the perception of her interviews.
OMG you have got to be kidding me! The media is pushing BO down our throats. Every chance they get they attack Hillary. But BO they don't say a word about. So tell me exactly what koolaid are you drinking?
SDB

Yolo, CA

#19 Feb 24, 2008
This silly infatuation with Obama reminds me of Minnesota's infatuation (and election) of Jesse "The Body" Ventura. You Dems are a trip.
CPC

Cheshire, CT

#20 Feb 24, 2008
momof2girls wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you have got to be kidding me! The media is pushing BO down our throats. Every chance they get they attack Hillary. But BO they don't say a word about. So tell me exactly what koolaid are you drinking?
Hillary gets free press all the time. There was talk of her presidency run long before Obama.
BPT GIRL

Marlborough, CT

#21 Feb 25, 2008
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's for sure.
ftec

United States

#22 Feb 25, 2008
Is Obamas wife a White hater? or just a America Hater? Is she a stay at home Mom? Im sure they live in the Northshore where they have no clue what the real world is. Where is brother Al Sharpton... They been keeping his mouth out of the main news outlets.. I wonder why? Hmmm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheraw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darlington man faces another murder charge (Jul '11) Jul 21 Casey 3
News Police: Body found in McColl area is that of mi... Jul 9 skip 1
News Initial court appearance set for man accused of... Jul 9 skip 1
Lightning Kilt Man in Ruby Last Night (Jun '11) Jul 2 Redneck 2
School Calendar May '17 The Raven 1
News Body found in South Carolina amid search for a ... May '17 Yogi 1
New Business?? Mar '17 Connie 1

Cheraw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance