Fuel cards nodded amid accusations

Aug 10, 2010 Full story: Claremore Daily Progress 9

Sheriff's deputies can now use fuel cards to buy gas at convenience stores whenever they want.

Full Story
Mikev

United States

#1 Aug 11, 2010
Great news
Same Price

Tulsa, OK

#2 Aug 13, 2010
If the gas at the retailer pumps are the same as the county barn pumps then ok. But if they are not, and the sheriff's office is going to spent one cent of money that they don't have to, then that is not ok. The real issue in this whole thing was there were rules and policies established when this fuel card system was started. Of all people, a supervisor, violated the rules and then had nothing but excuses when he got caught. It just shows the mentality of the sheriff's office and the method they use to enforce rules that they choose to violate.
old news

Claremore, OK

#3 Aug 16, 2010
This issue has already been resolved. The county commissioner that made this huge mess has already said that he did it for political gain because the Sheriff was not supporting him during this election. The commissioner also said that he should have handled it different than he did.No policies or rules were broken like you claim. You should read the paper. This issue has been resolved for like a week now.
Try Again

United States

#4 Aug 17, 2010
old news wrote:
This issue has already been resolved. The county commissioner that made this huge mess has already said that he did it for political gain because the Sheriff was not supporting him during this election. The commissioner also said that he should have handled it different than he did.No policies or rules were broken like you claim. You should read the paper. This issue has been resolved for like a week now.
Try again......when first started, the policy said that employees would use the county barns whenever they were open. There was no option of where to go, unless they were in dire need due to a call they were responding to. This certain supervisor wasn't going to anything and just did as he pleased. Had the price of the gas not been the same as the county barn's gas, it would have been very interesting to see what the sheriff's response would have been....Kirk Thacker did his job, as any citizen should have done seeing the same thing.
dons

Tulsa, OK

#5 Aug 17, 2010
really? the county barn was closed. read the paper. Thackers thought it was open because he was suppose to have a contractor out there. But the contractor wasnt there like he thought so the gate was closed..get the facts straight. this must be starkey always posting stuff when he has no clue.
Not me

Claremore, OK

#6 Aug 17, 2010
dons wrote:
really? the county barn was closed. read the paper. Thackers thought it was open because he was suppose to have a contractor out there. But the contractor wasnt there like he thought so the gate was closed..get the facts straight. this must be starkey always posting stuff when he has no clue.
Sorry not me but the deputy did have a key and I sign my post.
Also there will be some new updates today on www.BadCourt.com
You were right

United States

#7 Aug 17, 2010
dons wrote:
You know...you are right. From the looks of the supervisor in the photo, he did not look capable of opening a gate. We wouldn't want him to have to get out of his car and exert himself. Much less have to close the gate when he left. You are correct....he needed to conserve his energy!
see ya there

Tulsa, OK

#8 Aug 17, 2010
The paper said the Sheriff told them not to open the gate if it was closed.. due to it not working propery And you couldnt even tell that it was a deputy . You couldnt tell anything about him or her in the photo. It has already beed said in the commissioners meeting by Thacker thathe done it for political gain. I actually care about the County and I do attend meeting when I can and I have attended them for about 5 years. I havent seen very many other people there. If you care I will save you a seat at the meetings.
funny

United States

#9 Aug 17, 2010
see ya there wrote:
The paper said the Sheriff told them not to open the gate if it was closed.. due to it not working propery And you couldnt even tell that it was a deputy . You couldnt tell anything about him or her in the photo. It has already beed said in the commissioners meeting by Thacker thathe done it for political gain. I actually care about the County and I do attend meeting when I can and I have attended them for about 5 years. I havent seen very many other people there. If you care I will save you a seat at the meetings.
Dang, I didn't know Rogers County had a six foot tall bald female deputy. Man, kudo's to woman for getting on that department!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelsea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 16 min badboycancer 2,721
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) 3 hr Joyce 11,303
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 4 hr Joyce 76,139
William "Turner" Hopkins Sep 26 Sally Getz 3
big sale Aug '14 moving in sale 1
dewayne baxter Jul '14 Honey Hole 3
John Fite releases love songs CD (Mar '09) Jun '14 billie 6
Chelsea Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chelsea Jobs

Chelsea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chelsea News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chelsea