Chelsea seeking to fill job of chief

There are 41 comments on the Claremore Daily Progress story from Oct 15, 2008, titled Chelsea seeking to fill job of chief. In it, Claremore Daily Progress reports that:

With the recent demotion of its chief and the resignation of its acting chief, the Chelsea Police Department is looking for a new leader.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Claremore Daily Progress.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“myspace.com/reme mberashley15”

Since: Sep 08

Love should not Hurt!!

#1 Oct 17, 2008
Why. What happen to the current Sheriff and the other officer. What's up with that?
Mary Jane

Collinsville, OK

#2 Oct 18, 2008
It was the Chief and because he had a Cole Butler sign in his yard he was dismissed. Plus he arrested a relative of one of the city fathers.

“myspace.com/reme mberashley15”

Since: Sep 08

Love should not Hurt!!

#3 Oct 18, 2008
Well everyone knows who I am (lol) we have a Cole Bulter sign in are yard and my car. Yes we heard about are signs too. I feel for you guys in Chelsea. I hope everything turns out for you guys. I know the Chief has kids. I didn't know the 2nd man but I can relate to the above all to well. 2nd round for us. Getting a little old in my opinion. Funny thing is everything is quite around the town untill we speak out about are daughters case via newstations or elections. Anyway God-bless Stacey
Boohoo

AOL

#4 Oct 18, 2008
Mary Jane wrote:
It was the Chief and because he had a Cole Butler sign in his yard he was dismissed. Plus he arrested a relative of one of the city fathers.
No silly. It was because he had a Obama sign in his yard. LOL. Get it straight. You really need to stop with the BS rumors. Brandi his wife has posted in this forum before and she herself said it had nothing to do with the Sheriff or arresting a good ole boy. Those who serve on the town council can tell you why he was demoted. Demoted. Not fired. He resigned. He was most known around town as a no show for public speakings that he himself said he would be there. He also fired all the reserves as well as one that had been there for twenty years. Your welcome to research it if you REALLY want all the facts.
Storm Trooper

United States

#5 Oct 18, 2008
who would want to work in Chelsea for McDonalds wages, City Mayor and Council need to pony up some cash for this kids who want to lay their lives on the line for chump change, cant blame anyone resigning in a little peyton place like Chelsea. They have the money, just just dont respect their own officers. The more reserves you have the less likely the council will pay the few regular officers anything. A town the size of Chelsea doesnt need 20 reserve officers, thats over policing, too many cars chasing tail lights and not interacting with the public in businesses and homes, schools, etc. Give these officers a raise and they will do their jobs and stick around!
Private

United States

#6 Oct 19, 2008
I live here in Chelsea. We have great Police Officers here. There are some areas they need to patrol more since they know of speeding problems. After they handout a few tickets to these violators irregurdless who the person is. I think the speeding will stop. And cheaper than speed bumps plus put revenue back in the city. And for the ones that like toi fight, give them an attitude adjustment. Either with a bullet or a few good licks the the night stick to bad they can't carry the slapper anymore.

But anytime I see one of these guys I shake their hand and tell them thank you your doing a great job.
hilarious

AOL

#7 Oct 19, 2008
Ahh stormtrooper. I bet they ignore your plea of higher wages because you are "African American" It's okay. Just go down and hire yourself a "L-A-W-Y-E-R. You know. Been there, done that....
Storm Trooper

United States

#8 Oct 20, 2008
hilarious wrote:
Ahh stormtrooper. I bet they ignore your plea of higher wages because you are "African American" It's okay. Just go down and hire yourself a "L-A-W-Y-E-R. You know. Been there, done that....
You are Hilarious! great screen name! Sorry loser Im white, touch of Choctaw/irish thrown in. Guess you gave yourself away as a current deputy of RCSO because they do not like people of color. Lifeless, uneducated people like you who live in the closet would say such things, how sad, but expected from the current administration.
Its 2008, time to wake up and get some sunshine friend, there is life out side of the closet of racism! I know I shouldnt judge, the good lord does that and Im sure he is going to be busy soon!

“myspace.com/reme mberashley15”

Since: Sep 08

Love should not Hurt!!

#9 Oct 20, 2008
hilarious wrote:
Ahh stormtrooper. I bet they ignore your plea of higher wages because you are "African American" It's okay. Just go down and hire yourself a "L-A-W-Y-E-R. You know. Been there, done that....
What a cruel statement. Did you know I have a son who is "African American". Maybe thats why the quote "mistakes" were made in my daughters investigaion. Maybe I should hire a "L-A-W-Y-E-R. for my son too.
NONAMETO U

Owasso, OK

#10 Oct 20, 2008
I lived in that town for 12 yrs and that town will never have a good chief or deputies that town is filled with corruption and lies. Innocent people are accused of horrible crimes in that town. If you don't have money or are somebody then you will never have a chance. Just like an officer from there told me that if you are a young man in this town then you will not have a chance, somehow they will find a way to put you in jail. All they worry about is their kick backs from the drug dealers and narcs and the so called officers that are good eventually resign, relocate or they are fired , they have to many chiefs and not enough indians and the Rogers County Sheriffs officers need to to stay away and stop influencing these good deputies, but that will never happen
Police

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Oct 22, 2008
I will have to agree with storm trooper this time, but storm trooper don't get all excited cause I still think your an idiot but I give credit where it is due. Under Prathers term how many African American has he hired?( and before you talk I am a white male) The Prather administration is the worst in history that is the way the are. Also on chelsea the problem is the council and what the hell they need to do is mind their own business unless it has to do with criminally and then they should jump in.But even during the demotion and resignation if you are going to post in the paper about the demotion then you need to have the BALLS to say what it is for. THE POLICE COMMISIONER OBVIOUSLY doesn't have any of them since he did all of this that is what the paper is for to notify the public and if your in charge then you better let the public know.
Charles

Tulsa, OK

#12 Oct 22, 2008
I agree with "Police". Stormtrooper you are an idiot! I live in Rogers County. As for calling Sheriff Prather a racist, why dont you find out how many "qualified" Afican Americans have applied for a job at the sheriffs office. I know Sheriff Prather and I know for a fact he is not racist. I also agree on the council in Chelsea, they need to wipe it completely out and start all over.
Storm Trooper

Jenks, OK

#13 Oct 22, 2008
Police wrote:
I will have to agree with storm trooper this time, but storm trooper don't get all excited cause I still think your an idiot but I give credit where it is due. Under Prathers term how many African American has he hired?( and before you talk I am a white male) The Prather administration is the worst in history that is the way the are. Also on chelsea the problem is the council and what the hell they need to do is mind their own business unless it has to do with criminally and then they should jump in.But even during the demotion and resignation if you are going to post in the paper about the demotion then you need to have the BALLS to say what it is for. THE POLICE COMMISIONER OBVIOUSLY doesn't have any of them since he did all of this that is what the paper is for to notify the public and if your in charge then you better let the public know.
I never said Prather was racist, i just said there are deputies who would quit their job before working along side a black officer. I also said in previous posts that Claremore PD has been for as long as I can remember a great example of hiring a great variety of native americans, white, black, and female officers, great example of leadership in my book. As far as Chelsea PD goes, they are no different that any other town their size, small town politics always destroys good officers for the benefit city fathers. No department in Rogers Co with the exception of Catoosa and Claremore keep their officers and chiefs very long. Low pay and no benefits is all they have to offer. A good place for someone who is retired from law enforcement and has other income besides the lame checks the towns pay them to risk their lives everyday. Not a great place for a young officer with a wife and small children to start out, you cant make a living in a small town pd.

If it makes you feel better and makes your head swell calling me an idiot then you better buy a bigger hat, it makes me laugh to read all the comedy here. I couldnt care less! I only care who will be our next sheriff, nothing else matters.
Police

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Oct 22, 2008
I think police ought to be paid more but it is their choice to go into that field knowing the pay and i have been in law enforcement for almost a decade. BUT I CHOOSE TO CAUSE I LIKE HELPING OUT PEOPLE. But on you charles thanks for the support but it sounds like you like the prather administration. I have a problem with that and I don't like the attitude of his employees. There is a problem when a sheriff has been sued for all the reasons he and his department is being sued for and the lack of intelligence that his department has. They also talk about wanting more classes then they need to do what I did go on to cleet website and look where training is and go to it. Plus these guys working for a man like this shows a lot for their character. I have quit departments because of the administration let politics get involved with protecting citizens.As far as storm trooper I aint talking about this one topix site I have read you on the others and what you say.
Police

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Oct 22, 2008
And also I hope the chelsea council gets on this sites and reads this because I dont see how a council can overrule and be in charge of a law enforcement agency since most of them have never been in law enforcement before but they think they are the head ducks. They need to get a life and pay their law enforcement more and but out and just hire a chief and let him run it. Instead of telling them who he can and cant enforce the law on and that goes for any council or commisioner.

“myspace.com/reme mberashley15”

Since: Sep 08

Love should not Hurt!!

#16 Oct 22, 2008
Police wrote:
And also I hope the chelsea council gets on this sites and reads this because I dont see how a council can overrule and be in charge of a law enforcement agency since most of them have never been in law enforcement before but they think they are the head ducks. They need to get a life and pay their law enforcement more and but out and just hire a chief and let him run it. Instead of telling them who he can and cant enforce the law on and that goes for any council or commisioner.
We maybe voting differ on Sheriff but great statement again I have to agree. Peace...
Rogers county citizen

United States

#17 Oct 24, 2008
Vote for Cole Butler!!!!!
observer

Muskogee, OK

#18 Oct 28, 2008
"ST" seems to have a thing about sheriff prather/talks about him on every blog.wonder what the attraction is?
Melanie

AOL

#19 Oct 28, 2008
Oh man. You had to ask.....Your gonna get slammed now. The whole story is going to be told 10 times over and anybody who doesn't agree with her or poo poo her will be accused of being cruel. Then her MANY different alias will back her up. Maybe the Sheriff should get a PO filed to stop the all the stalking. I would...

“myspace.com/reme mberashley15”

Since: Sep 08

Love should not Hurt!!

#20 Oct 28, 2008
Melanie wrote:
Oh man. You had to ask.....Your gonna get slammed now. The whole story is going to be told 10 times over and anybody who doesn't agree with her or poo poo her will be accused of being cruel. Then her MANY different alias will back her up. Maybe the Sheriff should get a PO filed to stop the all the stalking. I would...
Wow! That would be interesing. The Sheriff can get a P.O. for himself. That sounds about right. Just like Josh was sent home after admitting to giving my child a controlled drug ,found dead and violated a P.O. from Rogers County Jail from 4 or 5 differ phones after a sex crime. I guess it's all about who your are and related too but I believe most of the County know this now. Old news right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelsea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Methamphetamine (Sep '10) May 23 Johnny55 2
News Is this Oklahoma town run on A 'Good Ol' Boy' S... May 18 smilingjack 3
Erika & Wille Short (Dec '12) May 13 smalltwnchick 5
News Chelsea, Okla., official says he didn't know of... (Aug '10) May 13 smalltwnchick 53
johnathan e scarbrough Mar '15 YOUSHOULDKNOW 1
ken cobb Mar '15 kathy 2
Fugitve Donald Eugene Webb (D.E.W.) Jan '15 Wimpy 1
More from around the web

Chelsea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]