Michigan residents leave cities but s...

Michigan residents leave cities but stay nearby, census shows

There are 4 comments on the Kalamazoo Gazette story from Jul 1, 2007, titled Michigan residents leave cities but stay nearby, census shows. In it, Kalamazoo Gazette reports that:

Michigan's large cities are losing population, but their former residents aren't straying too far. via Kalamazoo Gazette

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kalamazoo Gazette.

Pat S

Mcdonough, GA

#1 Jul 2, 2007
With the jobs the way they are,and we have no backing in Lansing the people are smart to pull up stacks and get out of Mi altogether.Former Mi resident.Any where is better.
John

United States

#2 Jul 2, 2007
I agree. if the government doesn't want to take care of the people by bringing in industry and keeping jobs here, then they should be abandoned for more lucrative places. If we all did that, Michigan would be a ghost state for these politicians to campaign in, as no one would complain (being no one was there to complain, then they could pat themselves on the back and tell themselves they were doing a fine job. Let's all pack our rags and find a better place to be.
Jamie

Tucson, AZ

#3 Sep 25, 2007
I have several friends who have left state. They have improved their lives drastically by just moving somewhere else where they can attain well paying jobs. One friend of mine only had a HS diploma and moved to Wyoming where he is now earning 75,000 a year, comapared to 10.00 and hour here.
my spouse and I have started to seriously consider leaving too.
Michael Cook

Canada

#4 Oct 8, 2007
I left Michigan back in 03 and that was the best thing i have done. I have a great job now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelsea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A look at the Michigan Militia, then and now (Mar '10) Mon screw the illumi... 3
News Police seek man in armed home invasion between ... Aug '16 nancys734 1
News Rocco "Rocky" J. Minghini Jr. (Aug '13) Aug '16 Jamison Cuc 2
Should John Torres be Stockbridge police officer? (Feb '13) Aug '16 Little sports car 7
people of stockbridge (Jan '16) Jan '16 shabe 1
News Court amnesty program on certain tickets will '... (Feb '13) Dec '15 Loulou 2
main streat computers (Dec '15) Dec '15 shane samulak 1

Chelsea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chelsea Mortgages