Michigan residents leave cities but stay nearby, census shows

Jul 1, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kalamazoo Gazette

Michigan's large cities are losing population, but their former residents aren't straying too far. via Kalamazoo Gazette

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Pat S

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2007

With the jobs the way they are,and we have no backing in Lansing the people are smart to pull up stacks and get out of Mi altogether.Former Mi resident.Any where is better.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2007

I agree. if the government doesn't want to take care of the people by bringing in industry and keeping jobs here, then they should be abandoned for more lucrative places. If we all did that, Michigan would be a ghost state for these politicians to campaign in, as no one would complain (being no one was there to complain, then they could pat themselves on the back and tell themselves they were doing a fine job. Let's all pack our rags and find a better place to be.
Jamie

Dewitt, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2007

I have several friends who have left state. They have improved their lives drastically by just moving somewhere else where they can attain well paying jobs. One friend of mine only had a HS diploma and moved to Wyoming where he is now earning 75,000 a year, comapared to 10.00 and hour here.
my spouse and I have started to seriously consider leaving too.
Michael Cook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

I left Michigan back in 03 and that was the best thing i have done. I have a great job now

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chelsea Discussions

Search the Chelsea Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Pinckney, MI (Jul '10) Apr 5 Josh Amburgey 36
'Move' boutique fitness center now open on Jack... Apr 2 pradeep 1
Should John Torres be Stockbridge police officer? (Feb '13) Apr 1 C Shackelford Harrison 3
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 301
'I'm Not Lying': Cancer Patient Hits Back at... Mar '14 sheepleloveroyalty 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chelsea Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chelsea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••