Campaign 2010 a " DeDomenico-Flaherty...

Campaign 2010 a " DeDomenico-Flaherty contest intensifying

There are 8 comments on the Everett Independent story from Aug 19, 2010, titled Campaign 2010 a " DeDomenico-Flaherty contest intensifying. In it, Everett Independent reports that:

During a morning visit to Chelsea to celebrate the arrival of a new, $470,000 fire truck for the Chelsea Fire Department earlier this week, Senator Sal DiDomenico said he was working hard to get himself re-elected. "I am taking nothing for granted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Everett Independent.

everett voter tony

Dearborn, MI

#1 Aug 20, 2010

People in Everett think that because Mr Flaherty is from Cambridge.This is a false premise .Ex Senator was not from Everett and he did a wonderful job .Mr Barrios is now supporting Mr Flaherty.
Sooooo

Malden, MA

#2 Aug 20, 2010
everett voter tony wrote:
People in Everett think that because Mr Flaherty is from Cambridge.This is a false premise .Ex Senator was not from Everett and he did a wonderful job .Mr Barrios is now supporting Mr Flaherty.
EV Tony--why do you object to Smith holding more than one position but not Flaherty. The Senate position more than 5x as large as the Rep seat, yet Flaherty wants to hold the seat, continue to have his law practice and teach law. I don't see how he will be able to do the Senate seat justice with all his other responsibilities.
everett voter

Dearborn, MI

#3 Aug 20, 2010
First of all Stat does not have the knowledgethat M Flaherty has.Mr Flaherty has given up his law firm .AS to his teaching it is only one simester per year,but if Mr flaherty wins the election he will give up his practice and teaching .This has been confirmed by a phone call.
everett voter

Dearborn, MI

#4 Aug 20, 2010
Also it is a represenative seat ,not a senate seat
Rug Doctor

Wayland, MA

#5 Aug 20, 2010
everett voter wrote:
First of all Stat does not have the knowledgethat M Flaherty has.Mr Flaherty has given up his law firm .AS to his teaching it is only one simester per year,but if Mr flaherty wins the election he will give up his practice and teaching .This has been confirmed by a phone call.
Really, you believe everything a politician tells you? The last thing this State needs in office is another manipulating lawyer. Its time for the regular people, who have common sense, to start winning these seats. I'm not a Sal fan either but between the two of them he's the lesser of two evils. And who knows Sal just might wind up being a good politician. Good luck to him.
Sooooo

Cape Elizabeth, ME

#6 Aug 20, 2010
everett voter wrote:
Flaherty and Stat are running for different seats. Stat is State Rep and Flaherty if running for the Senate seat. I don't believe anything Flaherty has to say. I suspect he is not all that honest.
Everettman

Malden, MA

#7 Aug 22, 2010
Just remember that Jarrett lives in NY know and as far as I know doesn't care what happens this is just payback for Sal backing Anthony, Jarrett left us in the middle of his term so what that that say about how he cares all they care about is themselves and once they get what they want they screw us, TF is being pushed by his father because he is a lobbist and needs new blood. People I don't care who you vote for lets put new people in whith no ties to anyone,
Everett Citizen

AOL

#8 Aug 22, 2010
When I read that Barrios was supporting Flaherty, it raised a red flag in my opinion. I was not for him at anytime, never voted for him. Now it is revealed that he moved to NY, so why would he care what happens here ???? And you're right, he left mid-term -- after he got what he wanted -- right for gay marriage -- then he quit and now I see that he has moved to NY !!! Barrios also supported in-state education for ILLEGAL immigrants !!!! You're old enough for college, you're old enough to apply for LEGAL citizenship !!!!! Have to rethink Flaherty vote...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelsea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facts about Everett Fri Pizza Man 36
Is there any update on the Dog Park Project? Thu DogWalker 1
Super Bowl 2018 Thu Bellacheat 3
No water Feb 21 Concerned 1
Boston Women Smell Very Bad (Aug '17) Feb 19 Boston 19
Hiring school department Feb 19 Nickeled and dimed 9
Asian Women Dating White Men (Jun '12) Feb 18 Gen6194 13

Chelsea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance