Three-alarm fire damages Everett building

Dec 17, 2010 Full story: Boston Globe 15

Investigators believe an unattended space heater sparked a three-alarm fire in Everett this morning that caused 'pretty extensive' damage to a residential building, Everett Fire Department Deputy Chief John Maguire said.

Full Story
news

Chelsea, MA

#1 Dec 18, 2010
GREAT JOB BY OUR FIRE DEPT!! MAYBE THE MAYOR SHOULD STEP IN THE FIRE DEPT SHOES BEFORE HE IS SO QUICK TO LAY THESE GUYS OFF. WHY NOT CUT SOME OF THE OVER PAID ADMIN. JOBS AT THE SCHOOL DEPT. NOT THESE GUYS THAT RISK THERE LIVES! GOOD JOB F.D.!!
Everett Taxpayer

Medford, MA

#2 Dec 18, 2010
Where was the fire?
No Name

AOL

#3 Dec 18, 2010
NEWS: You are 110% correct - the EFD does a great job ... the whole city needs every one of them ... these scare tactics of laying off firefighters and police officers is ridiculous !! and we need good teachers - we don't need overcrowded classrooms -- especially since about half of the students don't speak or understand English ...taking away time for our English-speaking students !!!

Carlo has way too many bodies on the payroll...just look at his office staffing ... and the pay they receive, plus their expensive health care...

I think anyone who does a household budget with limited means could easily find many ways to cut his inflated budget. Health care costs are going up - now is certainly not the time to add to the payroll expenses. In many businesses, there are layoffs with those not laid off picking up the slack. Certainly this could be the case at the big blue building!

and an SUV being driven to Middleton every night costs big bucks ... how about a Smart Car for those trips ...??? Not enough prestige there though I guess. I'm sure the SUV is filled up with gas before it leaves Everett for the weekend...

So many many ways to cut without the scare tactics of cutting Everett's safety personnel and our teachers. Get real, Everett's citizens are pretty dam smart and can see through all this ...
No Name

AOL

#4 Dec 18, 2010
One more thing: IF the people that lived in this house that had the fire are EVERETT residents (not out of state or out of city), are we helping them out with the fire fund that was set-up for Everett residents????

Since: Nov 10

Malden, MA

#5 Dec 18, 2010
Everett Taxpayer wrote:
Where was the fire?
It was on Main Street in Everett.
agreed

Medford, MA

#6 Dec 18, 2010
No Name wrote:
NEWS: You are 110% correct - the EFD does a great job ... the whole city needs every one of them ... these scare tactics of laying off firefighters and police officers is ridiculous !! and we need good teachers - we don't need overcrowded classrooms -- especially since about half of the students don't speak or understand English ...taking away time for our English-speaking students !!!
Carlo has way too many bodies on the payroll...just look at his office staffing ... and the pay they receive, plus their expensive health care...
I think anyone who does a household budget with limited means could easily find many ways to cut his inflated budget. Health care costs are going up - now is certainly not the time to add to the payroll expenses. In many businesses, there are layoffs with those not laid off picking up the slack. Certainly this could be the case at the big blue building!
and an SUV being driven to Middleton every night costs big bucks ... how about a Smart Car for those trips ...??? Not enough prestige there though I guess. I'm sure the SUV is filled up with gas before it leaves Everett for the weekend...
So many many ways to cut without the scare tactics of cutting Everett's safety personnel and our teachers. Get real, Everett's citizens are pretty dam smart and can see through all this ...
How about the gas cards for the SUV that gets driven to Middleton every night and cell phones for all his employees who play on facebook and monitor blogs all day.
hard worker

Newark, NY

#7 Dec 18, 2010
Everetts fire department deserves more respect from the city officials. They put there lives on the line for our community.while politicians hold a sign for a vote and promise that they are going to fix everything.which they never deliver.
outsider

Everett, MA

#8 Dec 19, 2010
I thought the hydrants were fixed why did the first two engines have broken hydrants. no water whats up
I run this place

Medford, MA

#9 Dec 19, 2010
outsider wrote:
I thought the hydrants were fixed why did the first two engines have broken hydrants. no water whats up
Cause I shut the b#$%^s down.
KING KONG AINT GOT NOTH

Malden, MA

#10 Dec 20, 2010
EVRY STFU SO I CAN QUARTERBACK THIS THING!!!!!!!!!! U WANNA GO HOME OR U WANNA GO TO JAIL?????????? IM HUMAN JUST LIKE U..U GOT HAVE A LITTLE DIRT ON U 4 ANY1 2 TRUST U..AN OVERPAID EMPLOYEE TODAY SERVING A HIGH RISK WARRANT...SHIT GETS DEEPER...
who wanna get pay

Medford, MA

#11 Dec 20, 2010
u do your own work round here
not from everett

Salem, MA

#12 Dec 21, 2010
everett is not the best place to live
news

Chelsea, MA

#13 Dec 22, 2010
Good job MR Mayor on getting those hydrants fixed. Keep giving money to your buddies at city hall and the School Supt. Your water dept cant even put a hydrant in right and connect it to make sure it works. But cutting the FD staffing works for ya. Your a real smart guy!
Vernal St

Everett, MA

#15 Dec 28, 2010
What good is a fire hydrant anyway when it's buried under a mound of snow? How about getting the legion of Code Enforcers to give out a couple of tickets to the same old people who don't care enough about their houses or their neighbors to clear off the hydrant in front of their properties. The fire trucks were out clogging up traffic as they tried to shovel them all out today. We should get on this now before the mayor makes all of his cuts. When two guys show up to a fire with a bucket next year, they'll need some place to fill it up!
blar

Medford, MA

#16 Dec 29, 2010
Vernal St wrote:
What good is a fire hydrant anyway when it's buried under a mound of snow? How about getting the legion of Code Enforcers to give out a couple of tickets to the same old people who don't care enough about their houses or their neighbors to clear off the hydrant in front of their properties. The fire trucks were out clogging up traffic as they tried to shovel them all out today. We should get on this now before the mayor makes all of his cuts. When two guys show up to a fire with a bucket next year, they'll need some place to fill it up!
blar blar blar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelsea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Real Scandal is not Deflated Footballs but ... 24 min Answer 8
Legit supplier of m-a-rij-uauna,pain n anxiety ... 2 hr Trust Jesus 3
Brighton police searching for 'Peeping Tom' 3 hr Taajsgpm 2
best super bowl ever! (Feb '12) 3 hr Taajsgpm 2
offifensive behaivor 3 hr Taajsgpm 2
Roslindale man charged as South Boston drug dealer (Sep '13) 4 hr Taajsgpm 2
Another Fine Everett Resident (Feb '12) 5 hr George 22

Winter Storm Warning for Suffolk County was issued at January 31 at 9:42PM EST

Chelsea News Video

Chelsea Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chelsea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:13 pm PST