Teenager Shot In Downtown Everett

Teenager Shot In Downtown Everett

There are 39 comments on the Cbs4boston.com story from Jul 27, 2006, titled Teenager Shot In Downtown Everett. In it, Cbs4boston.com reports that:

A teenager was shot in broad daylight in downtown Everett Thursday morning. CBS4's Eileen Curran reports two groups of teenagers got into a fight on Sycamore Street around 11:30 a.m.The victim ran into a nearby ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs4boston.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ned

Munford, AL

#1 Jul 27, 2006
...for some reason, moving back to Everett just doesn't have the same appeal it once did.
Eric

Norton, MA

#2 Jul 28, 2006
You are absolutley right in saying that. I am so glad I left over 5 years ago. every time I return there, I am reminded of why I left in the first place.
craig

North Grafton, MA

#3 Jul 28, 2006
Eric wrote:
You are absolutley right in saying that. I am so glad I left over 5 years ago. every time I return there, I am reminded of why I left in the first place.
im sick of everett so im moving to chelsea..lol
Dee

United States

#4 Jul 28, 2006
Many prayers go out the the family!
Mike

Wakefield, MA

#5 Jul 28, 2006
Iam 42 yrs old and grew up in Everett and had a great childhood.If I were to bet the kids involved in the shooting that their parents didn`t originate from Everett.The problem is everyone is moving out and renting to some familes that even the inner city doesn`t want.I`m not saying all family`s
because alot of people work hard and give good family values.The odds in Vegas are 100-1 the kids parents didn`t grow up in Everett.It all starts at home.
Mike

Wakefield, MA

#6 Jul 28, 2006
craig wrote:
<quoted text>
im sick of everett so im moving to chelsea..lol
Good Luck
Karlie

Groton, CT

#7 Jul 29, 2006
Mike wrote:
Iam 42 yrs old and grew up in Everett and had a great childhood.If I were to bet the kids involved in the shooting that their parents didn`t originate from Everett.The problem is everyone is moving out and renting to some familes that even the inner city doesn`t want.I`m not saying all family`s
because alot of people work hard and give good family values.The odds in Vegas are 100-1 the kids parents didn`t grow up in Everett.It all starts at home.
The kid who got shot, I know him his name is Noonie. He is from Everett. They kids who shot him were not from here. They were from Dorchester. Noonie who is from Everett is the one who started with them.
The thing is you don't live here. I do. I know how Everett is now and you don't. There are gangs and murders and shooting and drivebys and 13 y/o kids waving around guns on a daily basis. Everett was a safe place but that ended years ago.
Karlie

Groton, CT

#8 Jul 29, 2006
Unless you live here you can't say that it's because the kids who shot Noonie don't live here. That doesn't matter. Kids born and raised and Everett with good families from Everett are carrying guns and particapating in gangs.
This city is a lot different then it was just 10 years ago.
My 17 year old nephew had a gun pulled on him by some kids at the bus stop just because he had a red hat on.

This city sucks.
Lynda

Fairhaven, MA

#9 Jul 30, 2006
I too was born and raised here in Everett. I just wanted to say that I am a Mom of one of the campers at the park as well as the Mom of one of the Recreation Departmetn workers. I want it known that the councilors and Rec department workers who are all from Everett did a oustanding job protecting and carming the children at the park. there are some good kids here and these are just some of them!
not important

Atlanta, GA

#10 Jul 31, 2006
I too was born and raised in Everett... Although Everett was never a "Stoneham, Melrose, or Saugus, it was a nice place to live. WAS being the operative word. I have since moved from Everett with my young family. I do frequent the city often as I still have family there. I don't know how Everett got to be like it is, but hopefully its loyal citizens will bring it back to the way it was years before.. Good Luck
Dr Jack House

Whitman, MA

#11 Mar 11, 2007
I think some of your perspectives are a little jaded. Check the FBI crime statistics, and you will see Everett hasn't been safer since the late 1960s! You think the crime is bad now? Do 6th graders get taught what a crack pipe is so that don't pick them up in the schoolyards?(like was being done in 87?) Is there a monthly anti-drug rally in the middle schools?(like in the late 80s)
bmolly18

AOL

#12 Mar 29, 2007
I think that teenager shouldn't got shot.
Tom Leykis

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Jun 2, 2007
m sick of Everett so I'm moving to Florida
what a joke

Medford, MA

#15 Aug 29, 2008
Karlie wrote:
Unless you live here you can't say that it's because the kids who shot Noonie don't live here. That doesn't matter. Kids born and raised and Everett with good families from Everett are carrying guns and particapating in gangs.
This city is a lot different then it was just 10 years ago.
My 17 year old nephew had a gun pulled on him by some kids at the bus stop just because he had a red hat on.
This city sucks.
Your 17 old nephew had a gun in his face because he is a punk and just last week your nephew was in dorchester with friends and vics friend was shot i believe 4 timesof time almost lost his leg hes in ICU so is this because your nephew isnt part of a gang?
FRANK CALI

United States

#16 Aug 29, 2008
Was he white or black?
what a joke

Medford, MA

#17 Aug 29, 2008
karlie is white her nephew is a black boy
what a joke

Medford, MA

#18 Aug 29, 2008
karlie just sounds like her nephew is an innocent boy at a bus stop that was 2 yrs ago i just glanced thru the forums and found this lol
FRANK CALI

Madera, CA

#19 Aug 29, 2008
So he was black then?
what a joke

Medford, MA

#20 Aug 30, 2008
FRANK CALI wrote:
So he was black then?
yes,Why do you ask?Hes actually malado
FRANK CALI

United States

#21 Aug 30, 2008
what a joke wrote:
<quoted text>yes,Why do you ask?Hes actually malado
I'm just shocked!!...Usually its all the whites shooting and killing..lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelsea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephanie Martins - Ward 2 11 hr InTheKnow 23
Square 1 12 hr Heroditus 5
News Solange, Migos win at BET Awards; Bruno Mars pe... 13 hr Trump Plotza 2
News Elderly Malden customer thwarts robbery (Feb '10) Sun Hook and ladder 2
TV 4th of July Coverage Jun 24 Coin of the realm 2
Mayoral Raise Jun 23 Char Terr 69
News ICE bust puts Boston's illegal Irish on edge Jun 22 spytheweb 6

Chelsea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance