First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interested resident

Everett, MA

#1 Oct 10, 2012
Congrats to Ald. Marchese for standing up and saying what so many of us residents want to say. In last nights Alderman's meeting he let us know how disturbing it is to have a Mayor that does not show up for work, does not go to meetings when asked, gives out jobs like giving our candy. Our city is in trouble financially and Carlo could care less. I'm also glad that Ald. Van Campen also chastised the Mayor on another piece that he was suppose to show up for. Instead they sent the Asst. Sollisitor(sp)who has only been on job for a short while and can not answer most questions. We should be in receivership like Chelsea was and maybe we will get Everett back in shape.
Amen

Medford, MA

#2 Oct 10, 2012
I agree that the Mayor needed to be called out. He has given huge raises to new hires but rarely shows up for anything--unless the cameras are rolling. The only work I see him doing is having pics taken and put in the papers and staff or ad company written editorials. Is this what we want or need for a Mayor. People in this city better wake up soon and see what is really going on. Only a few elected dare to go against him and they suffer for it.
THE BIG CHILL

Lexington, MA

#3 Oct 10, 2012
I say get the current Mayor out of office when voting time comes around. I hope all of you take a good look at your tax bill and remember who is responsible for the ratE increase.
Speaking of money lets see what the big one has done for the city of Everett.
Increase in
*Taxes
*Water Bill
*Rubbish program
*Money to the school dept- give give give
*parking and towing.$125 for tow and $25 for ticket. Makes the tow company rich
*New cars for the parking dept for what they just ride in the city of Everett, give them a skate board or a bike to get around.
*The ugly new fountain.
*Constant new jobs created at city hall for friends and family.
*He is moving to fast for my pocket but not his!!
*His own pay raise $35.000
* Council and Alderman pay Raises.
*Look he does not show up for the meetings and he is getting a $35k pay raise absurd.
Get this money hungry spending rump swab out of office and get some one who will think of the people of Everett before he spends spends spends.

GET HIM OUT AND GET HIM OUT ASAP
Jerry Jones

Malden, MA

#4 Oct 10, 2012
Amen wrote:
I agree that the Mayor needed to be called out. He has given huge raises to new hires but rarely shows up for anything--unless the cameras are rolling. The only work I see him doing is having pics taken and put in the papers and staff or ad company written editorials. Is this what we want or need for a Mayor. People in this city better wake up soon and see what is really going on. Only a few elected dare to go against him and they suffer for it.
I agree 100%.This mayor is an absolute incompetent idiot.He is destroying any chance we have to become what we were as a city.The problem is at election time few vote. He gets all the city job holders and others who profit from his corruption out to vote.There are very few "old Everett people"left who can get him out. I hate to say it but after65 years here I have had enough. Like others have said, receivership is coming. Right on alderman Marchese. Someone who is not bought and paid for.
nicky

Cambridge, MA

#5 Oct 10, 2012
alderman marchese is the only one who care's about this city kudos to him for taking a stand last night
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#6 Oct 10, 2012
THank you Ald. Marchese, well done !!!
everett

Conway, NH

#7 Oct 10, 2012
Alderman Marchese is my hero. Please run for Mayor and you will get my vote.
seen it all

Malden, MA

#8 Oct 10, 2012
I think that Marchese is on the wrong side of the pay raise debate but he was so right about this.When you think about all the people in this city that have been bought off by jobs or paid ads in their alleged newspapers.His family does a ton of city work yet he had the courage to speak about his concerns. Think about the corrupt school commitee and newspapers that wont say a bad word about the city.Think about Mangan and so many others in the mayors pocket.Good for you Mike.
mkd

Boston, MA

#9 Oct 10, 2012
Reading this sort of stuff makes me feel stressed about the city's future. I bought a house here because I liked the community from what I could see and I saw the city's location and connection to Boston and the surrounding amenities as an asset. I am a lifelong Boston area resident and love this area. Everett to me offers a lot of what is best about city life without many of the hassles. My experiences have only been positive, and I love my neighbors. How can we turn the tide? There must be a way that like-minded people can band together to effect positive change instead of leading others drive the car. The ballot box is one way, but surely there are others. Any ideas? Should we start a new thread?
wolf man jack

Everett, MA

#11 Oct 11, 2012
stan wrote:
he must of had the nose candy courage going that nite.....remember to always wipe the rim
lick my rim
cant believe this

Cambridge, MA

#13 Oct 12, 2012
Alderman I hope you take a stand at the next meeting cause I am just blown away, if this is true all employees got a choice on which day to work till 730 p.m they can either work a monday or thursday so that means the people who pay their salaries are screwed again so it will be a total of 38.50 hours instead of 41 hours and if there is a holiday does this mean all of the people work on thursday nights. or the one's who chose to work mondays get the thursday off. WHERE IS THE SAVINGS NOT THE TAXPAYERS POCKET BOOKS THATS FOR SURE

this city is really out of control
I Miss the Old Everett

Nashua, NH

#14 Oct 12, 2012
cant believe this wrote:
Alderman I hope you take a stand at the next meeting cause I am just blown away, if this is true all employees got a choice on which day to work till 730 p.m they can either work a monday or thursday so that means the people who pay their salaries are screwed again so it will be a total of 38.50 hours instead of 41 hours and if there is a holiday does this mean all of the people work on thursday nights. or the one's who chose to work mondays get the thursday off. WHERE IS THE SAVINGS NOT THE TAXPAYERS POCKET BOOKS THATS FOR SURE
this city is really out of control
You are right. They work on EITHER a Monday or a Thursday until 7:30, then they work 8-5 the other nights. Fridays are off. If they are not paid for lunch hour, they are only working 32.5 hours per week. And they AGREED TO THIS??????? Didn't that cut down their hours every week??
Time for a new Mayor

Cambridge, MA

#15 Oct 12, 2012
When a holiday comes will some individuals take Thursday or the following Tuesday off for a vacation or sick day? Makes for a few neat mini vacation packages, and then take your regular vacation time.

What a joke!
everett

Everett, MA

#16 Oct 13, 2012
I Miss the Old Everett wrote:
<quoted text> You are right. They work on EITHER a Monday or a Thursday until 7:30, then they work 8-5 the other nights. Fridays are off. If they are not paid for lunch hour, they are only working 32.5 hours per week. And they AGREED TO THIS??????? Didn't that cut down their hours every week??
I believe they are paid for half of their lunch hour. I want to work at City Hall.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#17 Oct 13, 2012
Being a city hall employee just gets better and better doesn't it....

This only applies to city employees that work (and I use the term loosely) in the big blue building.

How do other city employees feel about this, i.e., the ones that have to work on (ahem) Fridays .... They don't get the privilege of when a holiday comes (like ten x a year) on A Monday, to have a four-day wkend.....

City hall is where city business is conducted and it should be open Monday - Friday (ok, 1/2 day on Friday and a few hours on Monday evenings).....
keep trying

Mattapan, MA

#21 Nov 5, 2012
Yes pls run for Mayor Mike maybe this time you can crack 800 votes...are you people out of your mind???? He couldn't even run a bar let alone City...still thinks he's at UNH frat house party
20 YEAR RESIDENT

Malden, MA

#22 Nov 5, 2012
I watch all the meetings etc. I will vote for Mr. Marchese for any office. I think he would be a great mayor.
keep trying

Mattapan, MA

#23 Nov 6, 2012
we aren't talking about being an extra in scarface now are we?? great mayor...you must be on heavy drugs to make that statement!!!
Lou

Medford, MA

#24 Nov 6, 2012
Or a "seat warmer" at Spuckie's place!:)
sweeney

Wilmington, MA

#25 Nov 26, 2012
keep trying wrote:
Yes pls run for Mayor Mike maybe this time you can crack 800 votes...are you people out of your mind???? He couldn't even run a bar let alone City...still thinks he's at UNH frat house party
Isnt it time you forgive him for sticking you in that locker forty years ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelsea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GTA on Winslow street 1 hr water gate 3
Atlas Glenmor Oil price caps (Jan '09) 1 hr Ah Jay 45
Martinelli at Council Meeting 2 hr you serious 11
Mike Mastracola 7 hr Fedup 3
Phillip Aleo 12 hr No Good 4
this was in the malden paper 12 hr More news 2
beat up in front of my wife (Mar '11) 18 hr sissybrucie 30
More from around the web

Chelsea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE