Inmate suing sheriff, Billerica jail ...

Inmate suing sheriff, Billerica jail over body-cavity searches

There are 185 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 17, 2008, titled Inmate suing sheriff, Billerica jail over body-cavity searches. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

An inmate at the House of Correction in Billerica has filed a $1 million federal lawsuit against Sheriff James DiPaola and his staff claiming he was subjected to repeated and unreasonable strip searches and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Do your time

Westborough, MA

#1 Nov 17, 2008
I don't care about his rights. He did something wrong to be there in the frist place, as they say do the crime do the time~. Also Billerica house is a country club or club med. If you go to any other jails you can not have a visit with your family like you can at Billica house. Its an open room with ONE police officer in there for 15 inmates. What about the sports they are allowed to play. COme on its a jail not club Med. If you don't like the rules then don't brake the rules to find yourself in there!

“Why is all the rum gone?”

Since: Aug 08

Lowell, MA

#2 Nov 17, 2008
Suck it up and stop breaking the law!!!!
Mom

Billerica, MA

#3 Nov 17, 2008
Do your time wrote:
I don't care about his rights. He did something wrong to be there in the frist place, as they say do the crime do the time~. Also Billerica house is a country club or club med. If you go to any other jails you can not have a visit with your family like you can at Billica house. Its an open room with ONE police officer in there for 15 inmates. What about the sports they are allowed to play. COme on its a jail not club Med. If you don't like the rules then don't brake the rules to find yourself in there!
I visited a family member there quite a few times last year, it was behind glass at all times with phones that barely worked. I think only work release inmates visit in an open room.
I do have to say I was treated with nothing but respect from all the officers I came in contact with. It was a hard time for me, I never would have thought I would ever be visiting anyone I loved in there, it was a shock. I was scared and embarassed going there. All I heard from the other visitors was how the person they were visiting was innocent. I felt like the only one there who knew my loved one did what he was convicted of. Luckily he was only in there for 3 months.
Tewksbury parent

Burlington, MA

#4 Nov 17, 2008
Im sorry but when you break the law and end up in jail you put yourself in the position for these cavity searches to happen. My suggestion, if you don't like it then live on the right side of the law and you will not chance being subject to these searches.
Mom

Billerica, MA

#5 Nov 17, 2008
I have to think there was a reason for the body cavity searches on this guy. The boy I know who did time there said he never had a body cavity search, they did searched him but not to the degree this guy claims he was searched.
Show me the money

Lowell, MA

#6 Nov 17, 2008
Another low-life sues. Hopefully he gets repeatedly "cavity searched" by his cell mate.
Hank

Tewksbury, MA

#7 Nov 17, 2008
Hank wants to know how to make these cavity things. Hank has a toothbrush.
new edition

Needham, MA

#8 Nov 17, 2008
i thought people in prison didn't have rights? or at least very limited rights?
lilgal59

Ypsilanti, MI

#9 Nov 17, 2008
If you didn't do anything illegal, you wouldn't end up there to be searched. Maybe you should think about that.
O2DVS

Lowell, MA

#10 Nov 17, 2008
Im sick of these morons breaking the law then suing for money because their "rights" were violated. STOP BREAKING THE LAW ***HOLES...what about the right of the people you are hurting? Maybe you should tink about that... man I hate people
GUY

Prides Crossing, MA

#11 Nov 17, 2008
These cons are not thinking about cavity searches when they are putting a needle in their arm!! Stay Clean and stay out!!
GUY

Prides Crossing, MA

#12 Nov 17, 2008
These cons are not thinking about cavity searches when they are putting a needle in their arm!! Stay Clean and stay out!!

Since: Sep 07

Lowell

#15 Nov 17, 2008
Hank wrote:
Hank wants to know how to make these cavity things. Hank has a toothbrush.
Hank is just a naughty man!! ;-)
You never cease to make me chuckle!
Cough

Boston, MA

#16 Nov 17, 2008
Use a guard with smaller fingers
A Spade

Dracut, MA

#17 Nov 17, 2008
The Good Sheriff does a cavity search on the taxpayer each time he goes to the troth for more funding.

“Why is all the rum gone?”

Since: Aug 08

Lowell, MA

#18 Nov 17, 2008
I think he means trough!

Since: Oct 07

Stoneham, MA

#19 Nov 17, 2008
Show me the money wrote:
Another low-life sues. Hopefully he gets repeatedly "cavity searched" by his cell mate.
I think in that case it has less to do with taking stuff out of the cavity and more to do with putting stuff in.
dum de dum dum

Billerica, MA

#20 Nov 17, 2008
There's a guy named Bubba down there who specializes in Body Cavity Searches, if you know what I mean.
justonemore

Lowell, MA

#21 Nov 17, 2008
this guy has been in and out of jail before... the guards are doing him a favor by stretching his colon,he will need a big wide one when he finally make it into a prison
Billy O

Wakefield, MA

#22 Nov 17, 2008
This CON is a three time loser....One he gets caught doing what ever he did...Two he then goes to jail...Three he decides to sue, and is acting as his OWN attorney....Total LOSER...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelmsford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 7 hr Wondering 18,005
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) 11 hr bill 367
News Prostitution sweep nets at least nine arrests i... (Aug '09) 12 hr fred 269
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Mon Lowell 765
News Westford neighbors demand action on rowdy Nasho... (Jul '10) Aug 18 Cher 235
why do girls lie about being pregnant? (Apr '09) Aug 18 truthhurts 26
Review: Fenway Rooms (Sep '13) Aug 17 losermuch 4

Chelmsford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chelmsford Mortgages