pf4t

Brighton, MI

#18083 Oct 6, 2012
TOMMYBOY wrote:
<quoted text> I kind of recall a bar in mid to late 70's,at the fork off Central st.,going toward Bridge st.It had a big set of stairs,that people used to go flying down,to stop the fights.Celtic Club?
yes i was i remember getting into a fight there with the same result
jm frm pine st

Chelmsford, MA

#18084 Oct 6, 2012
From Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>what about Sheenen fram on Chelmsford st at the Chelmsford Line do you know that one too
how about dirty lil's,chuck's spa on liberty st ,
Brunelles drug at pine and stevens st, cupples square depot annie
jm frm pine st

Chelmsford, MA

#18085 Oct 6, 2012
Mary wrote:
Did anyone here attend St. Margaret's school in the Highlands in the 60s?
How about in the late '40's and early '50's??
Anonymous

Boston, MA

#18086 Oct 9, 2012
My sisters used to sing on JC'S golden oldie show back in the day! I have a lot of good memories of Lowell! ;)
Chris

Stoneham, MA

#18087 Oct 11, 2012
No it was the Brentwood
jm frm pine st

Chelmsford, MA

#18088 Oct 11, 2012
gottagift wrote:
<quoted text>Dennis, maybe you remember this one. What was the place that sold bottles of soda at the foot of the higwh S bridge. it's a used car lot now
White Rock soda!!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#18089 Oct 11, 2012
jm frm pine st wrote:
<quoted text>White Rock soda!!
Harvard Brewery
http://library.uml.edu/clh/har/Brew1.Html

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18090 Oct 12, 2012
gottagift wrote:
<quoted text>Dennis, maybe you remember this one. What was the place that sold bottles of soda at the foot of the higwh S bridge. it's a used car lot now

White Rock soda!!

I always remembered it being called Savoy Beverage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
eyeballchambers

Billerica, MA

#18091 Oct 16, 2012
i remember the Alamo
Bobby

United States

#18093 Oct 17, 2012
I Remember wrote:
<quoted text>
EEEWWWWWW!!! OJ's was one nasty place!
OJ'S was awesome! Booze, drugs, easy chicks, fights! Lots of fun was had. Watching Oren hop the bar, knock out 1-2 trouble makers at a time and then go back to mixing drinks like it was nothing!!! Good times!!!
robinhood

Gardner, MA

#18095 Oct 21, 2012
Gary Boyle wrote:
Iremember joe gregoire he use to take us up to portland maine for fights in 1971. And chester and slim owned the cosmo my favorite hang out in the early 70's.
do you remember chester's last name?
Bill Palmer

Snellville, GA

#18096 Oct 21, 2012
washington states cougar wrote:
GOOD MORNING,i went to grammar school at the HUGH J. MOLLOY.back in the day,this was a great neighborhood.we use to go sledding on horne's hill,along with the hills at MOUNT PLEASANT.the problem in lowell as i see it,is that the cops should TRAIN these gang bangers how to SHOOT.that way,they'd only shoot each other.it's really a shame that the lane st,smith st,neighborhood is home to the CAMBODIAN GANGS.these people have been fighting each other for HUNDREDS of YEARS.i say,round up all of these people,and send each one of them back to CAMBODIA.that will FIX the gang shootings.LOWELL has got a bigger problem than they think.it sounds like the WILD WEST.send in the national guard,they'll clean lowell up.the way i read this,the cops WON'T even go into these neighborhoods.i feel bad for the people of lowell,having to put up with this crap.back in the day,this stuff would have NEVER HAPPENED.BTW,is CHUCK'S store still open down there?
Hi Cougar. I lived at 123 Liberty Street, also went to HUGH J. MOLLOY school, and I used to sled down the hill just to the north of the Horn Home (no longer there because of a multi-family residential development. Do you recall a small pond at the bottom of the hill? BTW, there was a gang on Smith Street led by a blond girl named Dorothy (these were kids 6 to 9 years old. Somehow I got on Dorothy's shit list and I remember seeing her standing on a box, waving her arms and haranguing her followers to come after me. About 10 of them came up the hill, went searching through the bushes for me....fortunately my mother chased them off. Smith Street down the hill from Liberty was a real ghetto slum at that time. Did you know the Trembly and McKeon families on Powell, just down the hill from Libery by any chance?
Thanks
Bill Palmer
50s cruisin

Gilmanton, NH

#18097 Oct 31, 2012
R.I.P.
Stan

Lowell, MA

#18098 Nov 1, 2012
The nerve wrote:
Can anyone remember what the blvd. looked like before they put in that beach or cleaned it all up and made it a nice place to take walks?
I've tried, but I just can't picture it.
It was one big dirt parking lot and at night its where some took our honey's to watch the submarine races LOL. The Bath house (beach was always there as long as I can remember) You couldn't go swimming because of the raw sewerage floating by.
Stan

Lowell, MA

#18099 Nov 1, 2012
Does anyone remember the Rex, or the Westford St Armory.I saw Rex Trailer and Pablo there. Then the Kieth theater and the Sunday matinee's an Orange Julius an Rasinetts please. Blue Dots on Bridge St. and the A&P on Mammoth road. The Epicure restaurant on Central St. and the Mark V on Middle St. This was the first bar I ordered a drink in at 16 and didn't get carded. Don't forget the Chinese Tea Room on Merrimack St.
dracut remote starters

North Billerica, MA

#18100 Nov 1, 2012
forget all of the old stores.

www.dracutautostart.com for your remote car starters the cold is coming!
Janet Simard DiLisio

Spring Hill, FL

#18101 Nov 2, 2012
Stan wrote:
Does anyone remember the Rex, or the Westford St Armory.I saw Rex Trailer and Pablo there. Then the Kieth theater and the Sunday matinee's an Orange Julius an Rasinetts please. Blue Dots on Bridge St. and the A&P on Mammoth road. The Epicure restaurant on Central St. and the Mark V on Middle St. This was the first bar I ordered a drink in at 16 and didn't get carded. Don't forget the Chinese Tea Room on Merrimack St.
I use to play in the Armory till the men would caught us and throw us out They had a room way down the bottom of the stairs were they would bowl we got caught a few times in there playing.Seen a lot of guns and stuff in other rooms.We were 11 or 12.
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18102 Nov 3, 2012
Janet Simard DiLisio wrote:
<quoted text>I use to play in the Armory till the men would caught us and throw us out They had a room way down the bottom of the stairs were they would bowl we got caught a few times in there playing.Seen a lot of guns and stuff in other rooms.We were 11 or 12.
Hello Janet.
How are you. Maybe we can just ignore them if they come back.
Good to see you back.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#18103 Nov 3, 2012
Sla wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Janet.
How are you. Maybe we can just ignore them if they come back.
Good to see you back.
Yeah right, like that's going to happen. FOOL!
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18104 Nov 4, 2012
Were going to have a bad winter,
Nothing compared to WSC,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelmsford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
very nervous about 40B affordable housing Nov 15 fieldhockey 1
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Nov 12 spook 817
Is anybody out there? Nov 9 Dennis Pena 1
News Man, 60, charged with gas station robbery Nov 9 hammerhead 3
News Three charged in Dracut pizza-shop robbery (May '08) Nov 8 Justice 55
Psychic Judy from Billerica Nov 7 pugsley7 1
chelmsford does NOT need to have urban characte... Nov 5 colleenT1958 1

Chelmsford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance