Road rage focus of Burlington acciden...

Road rage focus of Burlington accident probe

There are 49 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 12, 2011, titled Road rage focus of Burlington accident probe. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Transit police said Tuesday they are trying to determine if Monday night's accident involving an MBTA bus, two cars and a minivan was triggered by road rage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BurlGirl

Burlington, MA

#1 Jan 12, 2011
What is it going to take to have Rt.3A lined properly? When you have an accident, they say it is a 2 lane road. NOBODY drives it that way. Busses, SUV, Pickups, cars all compete for space. Always has traffic moving across its 4 lanes!!!

Note: It is also posted for 30mph through the Burlington Center from the Medical Center to the High School, then 35mph.

I say posted - best comedy in Massachusetts - just try to count the cars obeying THAT!
dad

Burlington, MA

#2 Jan 12, 2011
Cambridge St.is a two lane road only at certain signal lights is it a four lane road.The state owns the road and wants Burlington to take ownership of it.As you can tell by the disrepair the road is in , the state is neglecting it so Burlington will take it.Hopefully no one has to die ( Like the lights at Town Grocery ) for the state /town to do the right thing.
allosmaniatis

Daly City, CA

#3 Jan 12, 2011
Slam on the brakes? Numbskull.
No longer in Burlington

Westford, MA

#4 Jan 12, 2011
If the report is true then the lady is truly a nitwit and must be held responsible for the incident and all the expenses incurred by all parties.
leland

Billerica, MA

#5 Jan 12, 2011
I travel that road daily and nobody drives on it like its a two lane road. Its always 2 lanes on each side. The State should address this road, Either line it and widen it so it can accomadate 4 lanes or enforce the two lanes only. 3A is a State road so its the states responsiblity.
Musty Mike

Billerica, MA

#6 Jan 12, 2011
The only traffic enforcement on 3A in Burlington is the speed limit. The chickenshat Burlington cops sit they all night collecting revenue.
Geesh

Lowell, MA

#7 Jan 12, 2011
BurlGirl wrote:
What is it going to take to have Rt.3A lined properly? When you have an accident, they say it is a 2 lane road. NOBODY drives it that way. Busses, SUV, Pickups, cars all compete for space. Always has traffic moving across its 4 lanes!!!
Note: It is also posted for 30mph through the Burlington Center from the Medical Center to the High School, then 35mph.
I say posted - best comedy in Massachusetts - just try to count the cars obeying THAT!
I drive that road daily to and from work. Been only at the office for one year and I already saw dozens of accidents!! Something has to be done!!
the last poster

Wilmington, MA

#8 Jan 13, 2011
This is exactly why I avoid driving in Burlington at all costs. have only done it when circumstances forced me to.
STFU

Boston, MA

#9 Jan 13, 2011
leland wrote:
I travel that road daily and nobody drives on it like its a two lane road. Its always 2 lanes on each side. The State should address this road, Either line it and widen it so it can accomadate 4 lanes or enforce the two lanes only. 3A is a State road so its the states responsiblity.
It used to be 4 lanes all the way to mac 2.
about 20 years ago in Billerica it bacame 2 lanes where 62 veers off towards Burlington.
there are no lines its just assumed to be 4 lanes as far as I can tell in the last 20 years when 3a goes into burlington towards winn st.

maybe they will fix it. Ya right
Tony

Northborough, MA

#10 Jan 13, 2011
Hope the people hurt recover from their injuries.
Just Curious

Haverhill, MA

#11 Jan 13, 2011
If the report is true, then give Collen a big fine for her stupidity.
Pete

Bedford, MA

#12 Jan 13, 2011
No longer in Burlington wrote:
If the report is true then the lady is truly a nitwit and must be held responsible for the incident and all the expenses incurred by all parties.
I agree but I wouldn't put too much stock in what a MBTA bus driver says. They are the most reckless agressive drivers out there. They seem to think everyone has to yield to them like they are driving a school bus. I don't think I've ever seen one pull out from a curb after waiting for it to be safe.
town resident

Bedford, MA

#13 Jan 13, 2011
STFU wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to be 4 lanes all the way to mac 2.
about 20 years ago in Billerica it bacame 2 lanes where 62 veers off towards Burlington.
there are no lines its just assumed to be 4 lanes as far as I can tell in the last 20 years when 3a goes into burlington towards winn st.
maybe they will fix it. Ya right
I live on 3A for over 40 years, it has NEVER been a 4 way (2 on each side) Its always been a single lane up till they re did the center of town for shaws and CVS did they put lines in for a second lane but drops back down to a single lane each way. I have talk to town managment a few times and all they can say is they dont own it because its state highway. OK well why do the cops pass me while I'm driving down 3A. Do they think its 4 lanes too? Burlington is a joke when it comes to traffic and there cops! Cops turning on each other and calling them names and we the tax payers have to foot there legal bills! Looks like the town of Burlington needs to grow a set of balls and stick up to the state and take control of there town!
Jane

Providence, RI

#14 Jan 13, 2011
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but I wouldn't put too much stock in what a MBTA bus driver says. They are the most reckless agressive drivers out there. They seem to think everyone has to yield to them like they are driving a school bus. I don't think I've ever seen one pull out from a curb after waiting for it to be safe.
Agreed. I've been cut off by MBTA buses so many times... not to mention the bus..maybe 352 one that gets on 93 from 128..been cut off getting on the on ramp multiple times.
The Eagle

Brighton, MA

#17 Jan 13, 2011
Here's a question! WHY did the MBTA driver have to put his "High Beams" on her to begin with? I have taken the MBTA to Boston and I have seen the drivers cut other drivers off, especially when they are getting on 128 from 3A. I've seen them "run Red Lights," Not use directionals, and stop in the middle of Cambridge St., blocking traffic. Maybe that girl got sick of being stuck behind him, and after she passed,(like everyone else does)and he threw the High Beams on, maybe thought she did something wrong, or caused an insident to require her to stop. Who knows! The driver should have just "Drove the bus," and not stuck his High Beams on her. She would have just kept right on going! TWO WRONGS doesn't make either one right!
Pat

United States

#18 Jan 13, 2011
town resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I live on 3A for over 40 years, it has NEVER been a 4 way (2 on each side) Its always been a single lane up till they re did the center of town for shaws and CVS did they put lines in for a second lane but drops back down to a single lane each way. I have talk to town managment a few times and all they can say is they dont own it because its state highway. OK well why do the cops pass me while I'm driving down 3A. Do they think its 4 lanes too? Burlington is a joke when it comes to traffic and there cops! Cops turning on each other and calling them names and we the tax payers have to foot there legal bills! Looks like the town of Burlington needs to grow a set of balls and stick up to the state and take control of there town!
Burlington does not seem to have a problem using 3A to collect revenue in the form of chickenshat speeding tickets. If it is a state highway do they even have juristriction to enforce Chapter 90?
town resident

Bedford, MA

#19 Jan 13, 2011
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Burlington does not seem to have a problem using 3A to collect revenue in the form of chickenshat speeding tickets. If it is a state highway do they even have juristriction to enforce Chapter 90?
Pat, I dont know. I can tell you any time I hve called he town to tell them about a pot hole they make me call Mass Highway. I have seen and watch everyone EVEN COPS use it as 4 lanes! Billerica got it right when they put lines down the right side of the road after to many people where getting killed on Boston Rd. Its, time A LOT of people slow down and stop the rushing!
Fred

Concord, MA

#20 Jan 13, 2011
I live by an MBTA bus station those people are the most aggresive drivers I have ever seen. No one knows how many lanes are on rt 3A it is retarded trying to stay in lane people make up there own lanes and pass on the right it is just crazy.
jamal

Cambridge, MA

#21 Jan 13, 2011
are you really sticking up for this moron? she could've killed people.
Best quote so far

Tyngsboro, MA

#23 Jan 13, 2011
Eagle:
You are so right!! Hit the nail right on the head. The MBTA driver should also be cited for CAUSING an accident. And the driver Aimee is in CRITICAL CONDITION!!! That means she could die people! Sounds to me that there are 2 people responsible for this.
The Eagle wrote:
Here's a question! WHY did the MBTA driver have to put his "High Beams" on her to begin with? I have taken the MBTA to Boston and I have seen the drivers cut other drivers off, especially when they are getting on 128 from 3A. I've seen them "run Red Lights," Not use directionals, and stop in the middle of Cambridge St., blocking traffic. Maybe that girl got sick of being stuck behind him, and after she passed,(like everyone else does)and he threw the High Beams on, maybe thought she did something wrong, or caused an insident to require her to stop. Who knows! The driver should have just "Drove the bus," and not stuck his High Beams on her. She would have just kept right on going! TWO WRONGS doesn't make either one right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelmsford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know of any Tunnels/Caverns or Undergrou... (Sep '09) Sep 22 Scared in Lowell 4
keno in massachusetts (Nov '08) Sep 20 Douchbag slayer 89
Camp Saint Mary's (Jan '09) Sep 19 Sully 38
Lawn sprinklers at town hall Sep 14 D smith 1
News Child-molestation charges are dropped against D... (May '09) Sep 13 Mama of 2 23
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Sep 13 ToolMan 815
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Sep 13 Bob KA-58 18,354

Chelmsford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chelmsford Mortgages