First Prev
of 8
Next Last
daisy-may

AOL

#1 Aug 12, 2008
I was wondering if anyone ever saw the documentary on the streets of Lowell.The name of it was "High on Crack Street".I rememeber a guy named Bo-Bo.There was a girl that got pegnant then took off.They were suppose to do a follow up show but I have heard nothing more on it.If you have any information on this please comment.The Boxer Mickey Ward was also on there.
Chelmsford Kid

Boston, MA

#2 Aug 12, 2008
It's called "Lost Lives In Lowell - High On Crack Street". The character you're thinking of is Boo Boo. They never did do a follow up show. I recently purchased the video online for under $20. I believe it was filmed in about 1992. What a difference the city has undergone since then.
SJones from Dracut

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Aug 12, 2008
I believe Boo Boo is still alive and still using. The girl died not long after the film was released. The third character on that show was Dick Ecklund who is Micky Ward's half brother which is why Micky was probably on the show.

One thing to note. It wasn't filmed in Lowell because someone wanted to highlight Lowell's problems per se. Lowell was having the same problems all other cities were seeing at the time. The reason Lowell was chosen was because the documentary film-maker was either born in Lowell or lived in Lowell for some time. He knew the city and that's why he chose it.
Tony

Sherborn, MA

#4 Aug 12, 2008
This is similiar to an HBO mini-series from Baltimore called "The corner". When I first read the title I thought maybe it was reversed on purpose and was supposed to mean Crack on High St.
Chelmsford Kid- do you mean difference for the better or worse?The Lower Highlands are pretty bad now.
Proudtoliveinlow ell

Rockport, MA

#5 Aug 12, 2008
Rich Farrell was the one who produced High on Crack St. It was filmed in Lowell. As far as Boo as far as I heard he is still alive.
daisy-may

AOL

#6 Aug 13, 2008
i heard about the new case on Mickey Ward.Dam isn't he getting alittle to old to be getting into trouble.What is his brother's first name I know the last name is Eckland

“Hard Working NOLA dude”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell Massachusetts

#7 Aug 13, 2008
here is a link to the documentary from YouTube. it is part 1 of 7 parts.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch...

Here is the Wikipedia link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_on_Crack_St...

And here is the IMDB link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1052003/maindetai...
Don Calamari

Mansfield, MA

#8 Aug 13, 2008
I know you think I'm joking, but this is a fact. Boo Boo is alive and well (?) and living on High Street. No joke.
Donald Sweet

Orlando, FL

#9 Aug 14, 2008
The guy in the movie bo bo or gary was clean last I knew, he came into the new hampshire state prison where I was and carried the message of Narcotics Anonymous to me in there and I am happy to say in feb 09 I will have been clean for 10 years thank you Bo Bo
SJones from Dracut wrote:
I believe Boo Boo is still alive and still using. The girl died not long after the film was released. The third character on that show was **** Ecklund who is Micky Ward's half brother which is why Micky was probably on the show.
One thing to note. It wasn't filmed in Lowell because someone wanted to highlight Lowell's problems per se. Lowell was having the same problems all other cities were seeing at the time. The reason Lowell was chosen was because the documentary film-maker was either born in Lowell or lived in Lowell for some time. He knew the city and that's why he chose it.
Chelmsford Kid

Boston, MA

#11 Aug 14, 2008
Tony wrote:
This is similiar to an HBO mini-series from Baltimore called "The corner". When I first read the title I thought maybe it was reversed on purpose and was supposed to mean Crack on High St.
Chelmsford Kid- do you mean difference for the better or worse?The Lower Highlands are pretty bad now.
I know the lower highlands is still pretty awful but overall when you look at the city in the background of the movie it's in alot rougher shape then than now.
CENTRALVILLE

Boston, MA

#12 Aug 14, 2008
Tony wrote:
The corner was great The Wire too.West Baltimore makes Lowell look like disney world.
CENTRALVILLE

Boston, MA

#13 Aug 14, 2008
SJones from Dracut wrote:
I believe Boo Boo is still alive and still using. The girl died not long after the film was released. The third character on that show was **** Ecklund who is Micky Ward's half brother which is why Micky was probably on the show.
What it was too filmed in Lowell. See what you are watching and you will notice.Westford st,Middlesex st,eat a donut,fletcher st,north canal projects.c'mon
Fletch

Billerica, MA

#14 Aug 14, 2008
boo boo is dead guys.

Since: Oct 07

Natick, MA

#15 Aug 14, 2008
CENTRALVILLE wrote:
<quoted text>The corner was great The Wire too.West Baltimore makes Lowell look like disney world.
The Wire makes Baltimore look like hell on earth.

On a side note, it is the greatest show in the history of television. Better than even the Sopranos.

“Stay out of my Wallet”

Since: Jul 08

Chelmsford, MA

#16 Aug 14, 2008
CENTRALVILLE wrote:
<quoted text>What it was too filmed in Lowell. See what you are watching and you will notice.Westford st,Middlesex st,eat a donut,fletcher st,north canal projects.c'mon
I don't think SJones was tryin to say the documentary wasn't shot in Lowell. I think the sentence "It wasn't filmed in Lowell because someone wanted to highlight Lowell's problems per se", was meant to say they chose Lowell because Lowell was only city with a crack problem. If you watch the film, anyone from Lowell will be able to recognize the landmarks. The sceen where Mickey is getting ready for his fight and they are in the hotel room, you can see MCC (old Wang) out of the window, and the auditorium behind that.

Since: Sep 07

Lowell

#17 Aug 14, 2008
gottagift wrote:
here is a link to the documentary from YouTube. it is part 1 of 7 parts.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch...
Here is the Wikipedia link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_on_Crack_St...
And here is the IMDB link
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1052003/maindetai...
I can't believe these people.. What a sad life...

“Stay out of my Wallet”

Since: Jul 08

Chelmsford, MA

#18 Aug 14, 2008
sorry scene.
sacrafyc

United States

#19 Aug 14, 2008
scaught I agree with you The Wire was waybetter then the Supranos. But it is the one show showtime and HBO that got no emmies at all you believe that
KAH

AOL

#20 Aug 14, 2008
<sighs> I watched the documentary on You Tube and it sure did bring back some memories---Yeah Micky and Dicky and hangin' w/ their buddy Beau J. used to get their coke from my ex-hubby...I went thru the freebase period in the late 80's and I've been clean since 1994...I'm older now (of course) and I almost cannot believe what a stupid *ss I was back then...
Lowell85

United States

#21 Aug 14, 2008
When Boo was driving the van for eat a dougnut he shows the crew a street and starts pointing out houses that were either selling or were used for smoking; does anyone know what street this im assuming its somewhere in the Lower Highlands proably one either off Liberty or off Westford

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chelmsford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chief Assessor: There Are Many Ways To Save Mon... (Jul '11) 16 hr mandm 2
Review: Vicky's Nails (Jul '13) 20 hr Mandy 2
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Feb 27 Carolina Girl 694
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Feb 27 old school 340
Girla s push for purple bill draws red faces (Jan '11) Feb 27 Anonymous - KD 26
Battle lines in Tyngsboro: History vs. progress (Apr '08) Feb 26 Resident 27
do you remember? (wilmington style) (Aug '08) Feb 24 Linda 348

Chelmsford News Video

Chelmsford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chelmsford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]