Frisbee Golf Course Ruining Chestnut ...

Frisbee Golf Course Ruining Chestnut Ridge Park

Posted in the Cheektowaga Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve

Sterling Heights, MI

#1 Dec 15, 2011
The Eternal Flame Falls section of Chestnut Ridge Park (Orchard Park, NY) is threatened by the development of a new frisbee golf course.
Here are a few of the negative environmental and recreational impacts that the new course will bring, many of which are already visible at the current frisbee golf course located within the same park:
-The purposeful creation of course “fairways” involves cutting down forest trees. Some trees have already been cut down within the Eternal Flame Falls area.
-Course fairways - both intentionally and unintentionally created - ruin the viewshed of the popular trails throughout this area, by creating forest openings.
-Concentrated foot travel along "herd paths" across creeks speeds up erosion into the nearby gullies. The new course is designed in steep terrain, already sensitive to erosion.
-Frisbees inflict hundreds of wounds upon countless numbers of trees within the course, which hasten tree mortality.
-Poorly-situated frisbee golf holes run across popular foot paths, and errant frisbees are a safety hazard to those using the park for other means.
-Soil compaction from foot travel restricts the regeneration of the forest understory. Young trees cannot grow in hard-packed soil.
-Careless individuals tear branches and entire tree saplings.
-Noticeable amounts of litter - from water bottles to beer cans to broken frisbees - are found throughout the course.
-Holes located along gullies impose a safety risk to the players of the course itself.
-Course-related noise affects the relative tranquility of the area.
The original course is approximately a mile long, and the collective impacts upon the forest are evident throughout its entire length. Please do not let this happen elsewhere within Chestnut Ridge Park, especially not in the scenic Eternal Flame Falls area.
The Eternal Flame Falls area should be maintained for its traditional uses – passive recreation and scenic enjoyment.
You are so right

Buffalo, NY

#2 Dec 15, 2011
Also, nothing multiplies dork more than playing golf and tossing a plastic disc around. When I see one of those dirty filthy hippies playing it I will make sure to punch one in your honor
Steve

Sterling Heights, MI

#3 Dec 15, 2011
Dirty filthy hippies is dead on.

Grow ass adults wearing tie dyes playing Frisbee in the woods. Pathetic! The real secret is it's all about drinking beer and smoking weed. No cops in the woods. ;)
Really

Buffalo, NY

#4 Dec 15, 2011
These dirty hippies think they own the park.... they have tournaments or whatever, and yell at everone to get off 'their' course....

hard to believe they don't even charge for play this golf. You have to pay for regular golf, even in parks.... and these people run a tourny or something and THEY charge people to play..... and people win money!!!!

definetly drinking and smoking ;) ;) with these ppl.....

and the Eternal Flame Falls section of Chestnut Ridge Park is soo awesome. now they gonna turn it into a golf course?!?!?!

grrr SAD please remove it
Steve

Sterling Heights, MI

#5 Dec 19, 2011
Really wrote:
These dirty hippies think they own the park.... they have tournaments or whatever, and yell at everone to get off 'their' course....
hard to believe they don't even charge for play this golf. You have to pay for regular golf, even in parks.... and these people run a tourny or something and THEY charge people to play..... and people win money!!!!
and the Eternal Flame Falls section of Chestnut Ridge Park is soo awesome. now they gonna turn it into a golf course?!?!?!
Holy crap you’re right. These hippies are taking over the ‘golf course’ and charging people to play. How the fûçk do they get away with that?!?!?!

The park gets none of the money. Something stinks here real bad. Maybe a drug sniffing dog should show up at the next tournament ....
tburds sun

Lithuania

#6 Dec 19, 2011
Evin a retart kood tell Steve and Really r tha saym pursun. Y doo u talk to urself? Eye talk to miself two.
Steve

Sterling Heights, MI

#7 Jan 11, 2012
Dear Steve

Buffalo, NY

#8 Jan 11, 2012
We are glad to find out that you are a pollack with a large comical head. Watch out for those frisbees so they don't hit that fat thing when you are at the park hugging a tree.
Just sayin

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jan 12, 2012
Tree hugging losers.

They only use this for dope smokin and drinking beer.
mea

Lockport, NY

#11 Jan 17, 2012
Steve wrote:
Dirty filthy hippies is dead on.
Grow ass adults wearing tie dyes playing Frisbee in the woods. Pathetic! The real secret is it's all about drinking beer and smoking weed. No cops in the woods. ;)
NOT EVERYBODY that frolf's are hippie's and it's grown ass adults not grow, it's great exercise, and give's people something to do..I don't agree with people cutting down the tree's that arn't part of chestnut ridge but it's a huge park shouldn't be to hard to stay off the course!!
mea

Lockport, NY

#12 Jan 17, 2012
Really wrote:
Well maybe they should charge for walking, riding, running, parking, or anything else you can do there too.. oh what about sledding how about charge for the kids too ...do you see how you sound??? Rediculous to say Frolfer's are hippie's and everyone smoke's and drinks.
Steve

Troy, MI

#13 Jan 18, 2012
mea wrote:
<quoted text>
Frolfs not frolf's
hippies not hippie's
and it's grown ass adults not grow (easy to make a typo, isn’t it)
gives not give's
trees not tree's
aren’t not arn't
too not to
Apostrophe: You’re doing it wrong.
mea wrote:
<quoted text> Well maybe they should charge for walking, riding, running, parking, or anything else you can do there too.. oh what about sledding how about charge for the kids too ...do you see how you sound??? Rediculous to say Frolfer's are hippie's and everyone smoke's and drinks.
See, it’s not the park that is charging. It’s the hippies. It’d be like me, coming up with some dumb ass stoner sledding sport, then setting up a course at Chestnut, then charging YOU to play my sport. The State, County or Park isn’t getting any money from this. But during the tournaments, you and I are not allowed to play frolf because the hippies own it (unless we pay to play).

ridiculous NOT rediculous.
nick

Orchard Park, NY

#14 Jan 21, 2012
the eternal flame was inteded to be left alone and as natural as possible the course should be moved to another area of the park
Steve

Sterling Heights, MI

#15 Jan 23, 2012
http://www.change.org/petitions/erie-county-p...

Sign the petition to pull this course outta the ground
Haywood Jablowme

United States

#16 Mar 16, 2012
Nothing says natural beauty like a leaking gas line underground polluting the creek. Who are these filthy hippies to come and remove all of the hypodermic needle filth that has littered thy spot for over a decade. Damn all of these people who volunteer to walk along with garbage bags and clean up the mess a few of our juvenile children leave behind because were not watching them. I have every right to park my fat lazy ass in the woods and stand in the way of people trying to a play a game for free that all are welcome to play while they enjoy the natural beauty of the woods around them. I also have the right to sit in the outfield of any pickup baseball game or in the endzone of a pickup football game and get beaned or speared to my hearts content. And all these dirty filthy rotten hippies are so mean when they say "hi, beautiful day isn't it?". Such smug arrogant people out to ruin our park. And it's dangerous for them to play by the gullies that I walk by all the time and see children climbing right in front of their super responsible genius parents.
Steve

Sterling Heights, MI

#18 Mar 19, 2012
Dar Steve

Buffalo, NY

#19 Mar 19, 2012
Steve wrote:
http://www.wgrz.com/news/artic le/161257/37/Eternal-Flame-Fal ls-Nature-Burning-Brightly
Course got pulled.
Thanks Fat-head,

-Your smelly hippy pals in the woods
Dirty filthy hippie

Lancaster, NY

#20 May 29, 2012
You are so right wrote:
Also, nothing multiplies dork more than playing golf and tossing a plastic disc around. When I see one of those dirty filthy hippies playing it I will make sure to punch one in your honor
I play frisbee golf - and I can tell you this. I'd like to see you try to punch me while I am playing a harmless game - someone would be eating some turf and it wouldn't be me.
moffrolfer

Buffalo, NY

#21 Aug 21, 2012
Whether it is part of a forest or not, it is part of the state park system. Why don't troopers go in and clean it up? I am sick of excuses. I am sick of the lies. Since marijuana has been legalized in 13 states for medical purposes, it gives all losers license. Maybe they should read new medical evidence derived from its legality. That probably wouldn't work because their paranoia leads them to believe that everyone is out to get them no matter how illogical they are. they all live in a bubble. Education is the only thing that frees people. Drugs just make you believe that you are enlightened. Drugs are for weak, lazy, ignorant people. They should look at themselves the way others do.
jimmy crickets

Buffalo, NY

#23 Jun 27, 2013
Can't we all just get along?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheektowaga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do black lives really matter? 25 min lol 18
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr JackArmStrong 20,383
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) 22 hr josephbarkley 5
Life Coach does 100 pushups in 2 minutes Thu sister Pendulous ... 3
News Close up tour of Hoyt Lake (Aug '08) Thu Reader 29
Tom Jolls Sister ? (Sep '08) Thu Reader 2
Jill K shaves her Ladyparts (May '15) Thu Terry 11

Cheektowaga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cheektowaga Mortgages