Bob

United States

#1 Jun 23, 2011
Anyone remember Dealings' rides off of N.F. Blvd by Creekside in Amherst ?
Jill

Sausalito, CA

#2 Jul 8, 2011
Yes, I was just thinking it about it today. I loved that place.
Roxy Roller

Merced, CA

#3 Jul 23, 2011
I sure do remember Dealings! We went there every summer. Compared to the amusement parks of today, it wasn't much...but I LOVED the train and The Little Dipper roller coaster! How about Olcott Beach? There was a midway there with rides and games, we had a blast....memories, good times!
Valerie

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jun 14, 2012
I definitely remember Dealings Rides. I lived on Irwin Place where the park was located. There was also Volkers Honey on the corner there, which sold honey and smoked meat. I remember the swings and also, this sorpedo type ride (along with the train and roller coaster) I could hear the Merry-Go-Round on weekend morning when I was in my bedroom.
panowak2

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Oct 25, 2013
Bob wrote:
Anyone remember Dealings' rides off of N.F. Blvd by Creekside in Amherst ?
Yes, I do too ... my sisters and I would go in the mid-70's ... I can barely remember it though, partly thanks to bigger parks like Fantasy island and Crystal beach ...
Val

Buffalo, NY

#6 Mar 26, 2014
We lived in Amherst and went to Dealings a lot. I remember the boat ride with the brass bells, the merry go round and train.
Jonibb

Tonawanda, NY

#7 Oct 25, 2014
Oh, I do remember Dealings Rides on NF Blvd. in Amherst, NY. It was truly a tiny slice of Americana. My husband and I took our little ones there at least two times a week in the summer. My children remember riding the few wonderful rides they had. It's a lovely part of the past that disappeared too soon. There doesn't seem to be any small family fun spots left anywhere today. Memories made on a small scale are truly the fondest memories of all.
HIGh ya

Buffalo, NY

#8 Oct 31, 2014
was it where Tim Hornets id now? the one across from the collision shop?

Since: Nov 14

Denver, CO

#9 Nov 29, 2014
I dreamt about Dealings last night. I loved the Merry-Go-Round and the boat ride. My grampa took me there every summer when I was a kid. I have always wondered where my favorite horse from the Merry went.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheektowaga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blacks take up space in Buffalo and the USA 6 hr superwilly 22
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Akingu 19,830
Poll Will LC take down his Facebook pic? 23 hr MAYOR DYSASTER 3
southeast works cover-up (Oct '12) 23 hr Being Nosey 509
News Frankel announces bid for county executive Thu Stay Frosty nickbo 1
News Questioning Cherry Creek Demolition (Mar '08) Thu Henu 447
Poll Why did VOG change his LinkedIn photo? Apr 15 Lumpy O 1
More from around the web

Cheektowaga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]