rose

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

i have been searching for the name of a song and artist for years now, it used to be played on wnia in the 60's at 12:00 midnight every night. it was instrumental and my dad listened to it almost every night. he is gone now and i would sure like to hear it again for the sake of memories. someone once told me it was from a foreign artist. does anyone remember this?
my two cents

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

rose wrote:
i have been searching for the name of a song and artist for years now, it used to be played on wnia in the 60's at 12:00 midnight every night. it was instrumental and my dad listened to it almost every night. he is gone now and i would sure like to hear it again for the sake of memories. someone once told me it was from a foreign artist. does anyone remember this?
Dunno if its in here but I'd check this website run by Steve Cichon. If you can't find it there, email him and I'm sure if its out there ...he may get you the actual leadin or at least the name of the song. Good luck!!
http://www.staffannouncer.com/airchecks.htm
my two cents

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

Judged:

Midnight Mood-Richard MAlby WNIA theme
Mr Singh

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

This was very nice of you, my two cents.

Thank you for (temporarily) restoring my faith in humanity :)
my two cents

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

Mr Singh wrote:
This was very nice of you, my two cents.
Thank you for (temporarily) restoring my faith in humanity :)
Your welcome sir.
Check out that website..if you're over 40 something..you'll be amazed at the soundbites this guy has. Also the old newscaster/dj's that he's collected memorabilia on. Good stuff! I've bought a few from him..never met the dude. Enjoy!
my two cents

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

rose wrote:
I found it on one of those cd's this guy is selling...

Off the Air Vol 3 v392

Various Jocks and IDs

Carl Spavento WBUF News 17sep84

Go Go with Rockefeller 1962 campaign

WEBR Sound of the City jingle

WKBW 1963 Profile Stan Roberts, Fred Klestine, Jay Nelson, Dan Neaveerth, Joey Reynolds

TV2- Buffalo Hot Wax Rich Kellman & Bob Wells

Joey Reynolds WKBW 21 Feb 1984

WEBR: Jim Curtis News, Jack Sharpe Tarffic, Iroqouis Beer commercial 6 jan 1961

Rob Stoddard WJYE 8aug1992

Jeff Kaye WKBW Mar 1966

John Otto WWKB Jun 17 1988

Don Berns WYSL

Larry Anderson/ Don DussiusWGR Jul 1981

JR Reid WJJL Sep 30 1984

Dan Neaverth WHTT Jun 20 1988

Jon Summers & Tom Shannon WKBW Feb 14 1983

Clint Beulhman WBEN Jul 29 1977

Don Berns WGR Feb 24, 1978

Tom Shannon WKBW Mar 13, 1986

Sandy Beach intros Joey Reynolds

MArk Edwards WBNY Dec 1961

Jay Nelson CKFM

rose

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

my two cents wrote:
thank you and how did you know this? i used to listen to wnia as a teen ager and i sure miss it. do you remember shane? this brings bck good memories for me and i'm glad you remembered this. i will think of my dad when i hear it. again thank you!
my two cents

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

rose wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you and how did you know this? i used to listen to wnia as a teen ager and i sure miss it. do you remember shane? this brings bck good memories for me and i'm glad you remembered this. i will think of my dad when i hear it. again thank you!
I listened to the three AM stations in Buffalo that you probably did. WKBW, WYSL and WNIA... until FM rolled around..these were the stations to listen to rock and roll in the 60's. I was a teenager then too. I'm glad I could help!! enjoy!!
Frank

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

rose wrote:
I worked there. The song was "Midnight Moods."
Frank

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

I worked at the station when it became WECK in 1980. The song was "Midnight Moods." and would have been playend by the night jock, Mike Melody. The jock's voice may have changed a lot, but the name stayed the same. The other "jocks" were all called either Jerry Jack, Mack McQuire or Tom Thomas.
Life Coach

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Wasn't WNIA the small station out of Cheektowaga

They had those commercials to try to get kids into the construction industry where they said "Be big-Be a builder"
Richard Hoolihan

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

rose wrote:
How Irronic....this is the exact reason I goggled WNIA this AM. I grew up in Western New York and I wondered if WNIA still played that instrumental song at midnight. Have you received any information on this subject? I too would love to obtain a copy.(hoolihantrio@cs.com)
Angelballs

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

I, too, would like a copy of Midnight Mood, the song played at Midnight every night on WNIA in Buffalo, NY. Is the artist Richard Maltby or Richard Malby? I even tried YouTube and the Library System in Niagara County. No luck! Please, someone let me know if it's on a CD, compilation of romantic songs, etc. Thanks, for the memories, guys!
my two cents

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Angelballs wrote:
I, too, would like a copy of Midnight Mood, the song played at Midnight every night on WNIA in Buffalo, NY. Is the artist Richard Maltby or Richard Malby? I even tried YouTube and the Library System in Niagara County. No luck! Please, someone let me know if it's on a CD, compilation of romantic songs, etc. Thanks, for the memories, guys!
Amazon has it for Richard Malby. Big Band CD. See other website above regarding Steve Cichon. This guy has a treasure trove of recordings from the old golden years of AM Radio in Buffalo.
my two cents

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

RICHARD MALTBY MANHATTAN BANDSTAND is the CD. Sorry about the Typo.
Gary

Hamburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Frank wrote:
<quoted text> I worked there. The song was "Midnight Moods."
FRANK or anyone:
Midnight Mood was at 12:00 but I remember in 64-68 time frame another song was played every night at 11:00 PM. Do you remember what it was?
my two cents

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
FRANK or anyone:
Midnight Mood was at 12:00 but I remember in 64-68 time frame another song was played every night at 11:00 PM. Do you remember what it was?
Again, if you consult this website...this guy seems to have all the answers as well as the music and signoffs of all the buffalo radio/tv stations. Check it out.. I got a couple of cds from him ..cheap and very nostalgic!!

Dunno if its in here but I'd check this website run by Steve Cichon. If you can't find it there, email him and I'm sure if its out there ...he may get you the actual leadin or at least the name of the song. Good luck!!
http://www.staffannouncer.com/airchecks.htm
Angelballs

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

I just went on line to Amazon.com to listen to Midnight Moods, by Richard Maltby, on a CD called Manhattan Bandstand. It was like U was 16 again, listening to my WNIA at Midnight on my radio! The CD costs $20.00 at Amazon and I would rather like to download the song for free on YouTube, etc., but it's not there. But if you just want to listen to a snippet of the song again, go to Amazon! Thanks for all your help!
rose

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

this song reminds me of my dad. he used to listen to it on rides late to go fishing and on warm summer nights sitting outside. i didn't know when i started this search that so many people would also be interested. thanks for the help.
Jamie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

rose wrote:
this song reminds me of my dad. he used to listen to it on rides late to go fishing and on warm summer nights sitting outside. i didn't know when i started this search that so many people would also be interested. thanks for the help.
Your mention of late night drives reminds me of how my Dad used to take me on late night drives. The only problem was that it always involved the use of alcohol and vasoline. Thanks for the memories!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of67
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cheektowaga Discussions

Search the Cheektowaga Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 min maria gonzaleous 17,900
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Get real 6,195
Kelly family returns to their home 3 hr Duh 2
Old Wheatfield officials 3 hr Good night Irene 1
Did Nam Biker Vet Ever See Combat (Jan '10) 3 hr tbird19482 1,001
Tbird and Neocon retreated after being defeated. 4 hr fkn freek 3
Does Lief Coah enjoy Gay Sex? 4 hr fkn freek 6
•••
•••
•••
Cheektowaga Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••