Cheektowaga-Sloan Students Punished f...

Cheektowaga-Sloan Students Punished for Drinking

There are 777 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 3, 2007, titled Cheektowaga-Sloan Students Punished for Drinking. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

There will be no football games or any other school activities for eight John F. Kennedy High School students after they admitted they drank alcohol Saturday night before attending the high school homecoming ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

First Prev
of 39
Next Last
06 grad

Buffalo, NY

#801 Oct 18, 2007
what happened to theese students is now common. These students need to be punished to set an example for the rest of the student body. Especialy students with prior records. What kind of lessons are we teaching theese stude if we let theese second offenders do any outa school activities. Its like a murder not going to jail on his second offense. If the male athletes have to go to counsoling to play basketball then why not make the female students who are involved in extra after school activities do the same as well, wether it be a sport or a club.
07 pot awarness

Buffalo, NY

#802 Oct 18, 2007
WHOA can u believe its another case of underage drinkign !!! I bet no one seen this one coming.

Everyone needs to stop talkign about the 07 pot smokers. What does smoking pot in 07 have to do with anyone geting drunk in 08.

Marijuana should be legal any ways considering it has more pros then cons.

P.s corey knox should be drug tested because i've seen him smoke pot
Allan

Dunkirk, NY

#803 Oct 18, 2007
I smoked pot & drank back in 79 when I graduated from JFK. It wasn't news back then, why should it be now?
Peter

Dunkirk, NY

#804 Oct 21, 2007
Corey Knox is cute. I would love to spend time with him romantically.

xoxoxoxo
anti knox

Buffalo, NY

#805 Oct 22, 2007
did u ever see knoxs teeth and he weares dirty close whiel smoking lots of pot
im glad that dirt bag went to nebraska
Peter

Dunkirk, NY

#806 Oct 22, 2007
Nothing wrong with smoking pot or drinking. I have a pot bong that has an attached gas mask.

Besides, there are lots of other hot looking Kennedy Bears, especiallly in their tight fitting jock gear.
Snooks

Angola, NY

#807 Jun 11, 2008
"Maybe the "new" principal should stop in at Four Stallions or Vinny's someday "after" a game and see their coaches in action. Granted, they are adults and of age, but they are also suppose to be role models for the students. Can't imagine where these kids get the idea that going out with your buddies and having a couple drinks is "fun" "

Whatever the coaches do out of school abd on their time is their own business i dont think anyone should worry about what they do and where they go! Every adult drinks or has.. so its not the teachers faults of the kids actions.
make some sense

Buffalo, NY

#808 Jun 11, 2008
Snooks wrote:
"Maybe the "new" principal should stop in at Four Stallions or Vinny's someday "after" a game and see their coaches in action. Granted, they are adults and of age, but they are also suppose to be role models for the students. Can't imagine where these kids get the idea that going out with your buddies and having a couple drinks is "fun" "
Whatever the coaches do out of school abd on their time is their own business i dont think anyone should worry about what they do and where they go! Every adult drinks or has.. so its not the teachers faults of the kids actions.
first you drag up an old story, then you make two statement which contradict each other.
I suggest instead of giving your conflicting views on an alcohol issue, you should pay attention to your medications. TAKE THEM.
haha 07 all da way

United States

#809 Jun 15, 2008
i think the situation is funny who cares if they came to a school function drunk they were not hurting anyone the were doing there own thing. The students only live once and the ones that are trying to live life to the fullest are the ones doing the craziest things they did get punished but as they look at it in a positive way they are always going to look back at a good memory they had of comming to school drunk...(lol) you only live once thats what i live by do as much as you can as long as your not hurting anyone else or even yourself. drinking is not bad at all if your not overdoing its ok and it is ok to have a good time so dont have anyone tell you different...and this happend awhile ago i came on here to see why everyone is still quoting on it and i must say it does make my day to read everyones negative reports and to the kids that got busted on viola the other day good for yous lol next time be smart and hide the stuff lol :)
laugh it up

Buffalo, NY

#810 Jun 17, 2008
haha 07 all da way wrote:
i think the situation is funny who cares if they came to a school function drunk they were not hurting anyone the were doing there own thing. The students only live once and the ones that are trying to live life to the fullest are the ones doing the craziest things they did get punished but as they look at it in a positive way they are always going to look back at a good memory they had of comming to school drunk...(lol) you only live once thats what i live by do as much as you can as long as your not hurting anyone else or even yourself. drinking is not bad at all if your not overdoing its ok and it is ok to have a good time so dont have anyone tell you different...and this happend awhile ago i came on here to see why everyone is still quoting on it and i must say it does make my day to read everyones negative reports and to the kids that got busted on viola the other day good for yous lol next time be smart and hide the stuff lol :)
oh yeah, I can see it now. Getting your pittance from the welfare office because you're too stupid to perform a job. Because you all your grades were so low you couldn't get into a college which would ensure a good career. Ha Ha Ha.
Yeah, you will be laughing all right. Laughing while you get your welfare benefits and laughing while you get your booze. Laughing when your fifth kid by the fifth girl comes along. Laughing when the child support cuts your welfare check down to 50 bucks. Laughing laughing laughing.
And I will laughing at the 35 year old has-been, all washed up, with no marketable jobs skills, a drunken lush, hair all matted and greasy. I'll be laughing at you when your own kids want nothing to do with you because you are nothing but an alcholic.
Yeah, laugh it up now, because soon you won't be.
Life Coach

AOL

#811 Jun 19, 2008
Kids from Cheektowaga and Sloan have never been known for their brains

Ya know what I mean, Stan?
Jennifer - Sloan

Oakfield, NY

#812 Jun 20, 2008
Life Coach wrote:
Ummm excuse me? You certainly are NOT talking about the majority. I am a JFK graduate, as is my whole family. Born and raised in Sloan. Raising my son in Sloan.

Get it right... it's STA-HOO.
Jennifer - Sloan

Oakfield, NY

#813 Jun 20, 2008
Life Coach wrote:
Also, one of the kids who showed up drunk happened to be the junior calss (at the time) valedictorian, won tons of awards for not only academics but for extensive community service. She was PLASTERED. LOL

A bunch of kids getting drunk before homecoming pep rally/ Bon fire. Has nothing to do with them being stupid, it has everything to do with being 16&17 yrs. old.

“Live and let live!”

Since: May 08

Buffalo NY

#814 Jun 20, 2008
This article was from october 2007. Thats weird. I agree with you Jennifer. What 17 year old hasn't gotten drunk once or twice...
TOWLIE

Buffalo, NY

#815 Oct 17, 2009
DONT FORGET TO BRING A TOWEL!!!
Life Coach

AOL

#816 Oct 17, 2009
If my parents made me live with in Cheektowaga or Sloan, I would want to be drunk all the time too
Debbie class of 1980

Grand Island, NY

#818 Mar 12, 2011
Feds on the Lake---Good times and Dances at Woodrow and the Old Harlem Bridge with the black wall walkway.We use to party too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheektowaga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuba's Vietnam War Involvement 2 hr The Reeel Hae Kneww 18
Priest not guilty of fellatio in Church 21 hr operation greylord 4
Tim Demler (Jun '15) Sat wlvl 13
The holy time of Ramadan has started Fri Buck Rohde 12
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) Fri uncle buck 81
Chris Romanowski Empire Liquidators 1791 Fillmo... Jun 22 Brent 10
Ghetto assed names Jun 22 Sassyiam56 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cheektowaga Mortgages