comcast and their new email smartzone

Posted in the Chattanooga Forum

First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Oct 21, 2008
Anyone happy with the new comcast email system, smartzone? I'm not, it should be called workzone. I have several email accounts for business I have. I used to be able to check the mail for all of them through one account. Now I have to sign in and out of each account, every time.

I followed their instructions to set up the account the way it used to be, I can see all the old mail from one account. The problem is, I cannot receive any new mail. What good is that?

I used to be able to access my address book from all accounts, as long as I was signed into my default account. That feature is gone. I've had to manually transfer all my contacts to each account now. What a chore this is, I'm only a third done with this. Work, work, work!

I have two real jobs that keep me busy from 8am to 8pm. Plus several web sites that I operate. Now I have another full time job just trying to use my email accounts. Sign in, sign out, fetch an address, sign in, sign out, and it keep going, and going. I feel like the energizer bunny.

I've written comcast and voiced my opinion. I encourage everyone else who is not happy with the crap comcast has forced upon us to do the same. You can email the direct using this address: [email protected]

Maybe if they get enough complaints they will fix their "smatzone" or revert to the old system.
William

Ogden, UT

#2 Oct 22, 2008
You are an idiot stop using comcast as your email provider you do know that comcast email is completely free with your subscrition to internet right?

It's not something you pay for so there for it's gonna be crap.

Comcast is not going to revert back to the old email system because too many people complain about size using the old system. With Smartzone you get 10 gb but if I were you I would get gmail and use a program like outlook to manage it gmail has the strongest spam filter and ti's not gonna go all screwy on you like comcast does....

And by the way don't call comcast tech support for anything if you need answers or fixes live chat them because you'll be getting a more experienced agent...

If I were you I would stop complaining ...
Just use a different email provider
Little to Do

Chickamauga, GA

#3 Oct 22, 2008
I agree - use gmail. You can save documents, etc all in one place and no matter where you are, you can get your info. and if you go hotel hopping a lot, and forgot your laptop, it's all there. It's great for pictures as well.
smart

Monterrey, Mexico

#4 Oct 22, 2008
you can see a online tutorial on www.comcast.net/smartzonetutorial/ , if u cannot receive emails just check the autoforwad feature is not enabled
Lynda

Ann Arbor, MI

#5 Oct 24, 2008
Forwarding isn't a good idea for me, I have a personal account and a business account. I don't want to mix my emails. I'm going back to outlook although I hate bringing all the "junk" stuff onto my computer.
I wonder if Smart Zone will smarten up?
sue Jackson

Waterford, MI

#6 Oct 24, 2008
I hate smartzone. Half the time I can't get in up-=I just get the old cpmcast site. then its hard to figure out how things happen-all of a sudde all my emails were put in spam and I hadn't touched a button! Its bee so frustrating. I'm thinking of going to gmail too. sue
sweetzhai

Lake Mary, FL

#7 Oct 24, 2008
You can resolve the problem without logging in on each account. You will just have to re-add each secondary accounts as "External Account".

To add External Account, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your primary email account.
2. Go to "Preferences".
3. Select "Email Manager".
4. Then select "Add External Account" button.
5. Input the email address of the secondary account in the "Email Address" field.
6. Select "POP3".
7. Please recheck the Email Server and make sure that it is set as mail.comcast.net .
8. Enter password of the secondary email account.
9. Then, select "Test Settings" to check.
10. Click OK.
11. You can then see this secondary account folder right below the "Trash" folder.

I hope that will help.

========
sweetzhai
irritated

Lithonia, GA

#8 Oct 24, 2008
Smartzone sux, sux, sux. what is gmail
Dee

Mchenry, IL

#9 Oct 25, 2008
Why do these site insist on change what is not broken or ask if we even want to change! the answer I would always give is no! I know why I use another email account more then comcast as it sucks!
Mary

Cumming, GA

#10 Oct 25, 2008
Please tell me , first I hate Smart
Zone.... I can reply to e-mail. But when
I try to forward, I go to my address book,
to whom ever I want to forward to but then
when I try to forward there is no send and
if I go back to my email I am forwarding they
are not there... so how do I forward an email.[please, please, please go back to old email
system"
Mary

Cumming, GA

#11 Oct 25, 2008
Cannot forward email after I go to adddress
book,,,, no send button and when you go back,
there are no adress .... Please, Please
go back to old system.........
JUDY

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Oct 25, 2008
Please go back,Please,Please,Please
Just do it!!!

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Oct 25, 2008
sweetzhai wrote:
You can resolve the problem without logging in on each account. You will just have to re-add each secondary accounts as "External Account".
To add External Account, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your primary email account.
2. Go to "Preferences".
3. Select "Email Manager".
4. Then select "Add External Account" button.
5. Input the email address of the secondary account in the "Email Address" field.
6. Select "POP3".
7. Please recheck the Email Server and make sure that it is set as mail.comcast.net .
8. Enter password of the secondary email account.
9. Then, select "Test Settings" to check.
10. Click OK.
11. You can then see this secondary account folder right below the "Trash" folder.
I hope that will help.
========
sweetzhai
I did that, everything was fine for a day. Then it quit working, I went to the mail manager again, and now that option is no longer available. The buttons are gone. I hate comcast mail. I have several business that I have with comcast accounts. All my advertising, business cards, brochures, etc. etc. etc. all have that comcast address printed on them. It would cost me hundreds of dollars to have it all re-printed. I'm going to see about getting all my email forwarded to my AT&T account and drop comcast completely. Outlook is not an option for me. I've had nothing but problems with my outlook, it is to unreliable.

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Oct 25, 2008
Here's another big problem with "workzone" because it definately isn't "smart". Try to copy and paste and email address from the email. It can't be done, they have actively linked all email address and you can't copy them them. What the heck is up with that? I can copy and paste any active link from any place else on the ENTIRE world wide web, but not in this crapy program.

I'm with lobo2013, flood comcast with complaints, tell everyone you know to send a complaint. If you want, I will format a form letter you can send to everyone to forward it to comcast complaining. Stand up America, complain, make yourself heard. Let's not put up with bad changes from anyone!

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Oct 25, 2008
William wrote:
You are an idiot stop using comcast as your email provider you do know that comcast email is completely free with your subscrition to internet right?
It's not something you pay for so there for it's gonna be crap.
Comcast is not going to revert back to the old email system because too many people complain about size using the old system. With Smartzone you get 10 gb but if I were you I would get gmail and use a program like outlook to manage it gmail has the strongest spam filter and ti's not gonna go all screwy on you like comcast does....
And by the way don't call comcast tech support for anything if you need answers or fixes live chat them because you'll be getting a more experienced agent...
If I were you I would stop complaining ...
Just use a different email provider
Well william, will you give me (not loan me, but give me) about $3000 so I can reprint all of my business cards, brochures, signs, print ads and the like with a new email address. You see, you idiot, some people have things established and the cost to change it is not simply changing email providers. Or I would have done that already, and this entire topic would not have been started by me.

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Oct 25, 2008
smart wrote:
you can see a online tutorial on www.comcast.net/smartzonetutorial/ , if u cannot receive emails just check the autoforwad feature is not enabled
Went there, did that. My big problem is my account does not have the features they are showing. They are missing. They were there one time, now they're gone. I used them, what the F**K. I'm not getting down on you, actually you are the first person who has directed me to the tutorial - Thank You. But in my case it didn't help, not your fault, it's the idiots at comcast.
davebilicki

Aurora, CO

#17 Oct 26, 2008
this new program sucks!!!!!!!!!!
i am thinking of going to another surver
Judy

Orem, UT

#18 Oct 26, 2008
lobo2013 wrote:
Anyone happy with the new comcast email system, smartzone? I'm not, it should be called workzone. I have several email accounts for business I have. I used to be able to check the mail for all of them through one account. Now I have to sign in and out of each account, every time.
I followed their instructions to set up the account the way it used to be, I can see all the old mail from one account. The problem is, I cannot receive any new mail. What good is that?
I used to be able to access my address book from all accounts, as long as I was signed into my default account. That feature is gone. I've had to manually transfer all my contacts to each account now. What a chore this is, I'm only a third done with this. Work, work, work!
I have two real jobs that keep me busy from 8am to 8pm. Plus several web sites that I operate. Now I have another full time job just trying to use my email accounts. Sign in, sign out, fetch an address, sign in, sign out, and it keep going, and going. I feel like the energizer bunny.
I've written comcast and voiced my opinion. I encourage everyone else who is not happy with the crap comcast has forced upon us to do the same. You can email the direct using this address: [email protected]
Maybe if they get enough complaints they will fix their "smatzone" or revert to the old system.
This is a nightmare, I have work to do today, and now I have to figure out this new system, I lost my Adress book and spent an hour on the phone trying to get it back. Now I have lost it again. I am going to look around for another service. Everytime they change it, it gets more complicated.
beto _ CO

Westminster, CO

#19 Oct 26, 2008
I don't mind if "they" change things that are NOT BROKEN, that's why "they" get paid the big bucks. I suggest that when "they" do this, they give us a web site to learn how to use it, something like an owners manual. For example: I ask for "Spell Check." The system tells which word(s) are wrong but does not help me with sugestions like the old way on how to correct. And we all know the old address book was not changed and I don't know how to use it now. So thanks a lot !!!
yoodle

Kirkland, WA

#20 Oct 26, 2008
SmartZone is out in the ozone. I cannot get email on my "normal" comast mailcenter account...I get 404 Not found--and I'm ONLY using Comcast's main page ( mailcenter.comcast.net ). IF I get the logon, it fails. So I haven't had email since Saturday at 3AM...almost 2 days. Very very very unreliable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chattanooga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oooh my mr right 2 hr Wrong or write 2
News Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 10 hr guest 9,660
Real Estate Questions? Tue Andrew00 1
Pain meds needed Tue Coffin 1
Smith challenges Fleischmann to debate Tue Harriman 1
Paula Rachels Pierce May 2 MrsC 6
Single women looking for a fool May 1 Eternal truth 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chattanooga Mortgages