Unknown

Antioch, TN

#1 Apr 9, 2012
My husband applied at Volkwagon today. Have you started at Volkswagon and how much do they generally start with base pay? We would be moving out of our are for this job. Thanks!
Unknown

Antioch, TN

#2 Apr 9, 2012
Area*
idk

Cleveland, TN

#3 Apr 10, 2012
i dont know anything about the place but from what ive heard im not really impressed by the $$. and the hours arent family friendly either. rotating shifts i think and 6 days a week. hard on relationships
justhelpful

Fayetteville, NC

#4 Apr 11, 2012
Unknown wrote:
My husband applied at Volkwagon today. Have you started at Volkswagon and how much do they generally start with base pay? We would be moving out of our are for this job. Thanks!
My husband works there and the pay will all depend on what job he gets. Also he will more than likely be rotating shifts, possibly working 3 different shifts. Good luck not many people like it.
VW is a great employer

Harrison, TN

#5 Jun 10, 2012
but the shifts do suck, and you don't get a lot of time off for family. Starting pay depends on if you're hired direct by VW or through a staffing agency. Raises and bonuses and benefits are awesome, though.
Donnie

Irwin, PA

#6 Jul 19, 2012
I'm an ex vw worker from new Stanton Pa do u know the story about what vw did to 6000 workers in the assembly plant that made rabbits from 1978 to 1988. Our state gave them everything your state did to bring them here. Free taxes and money for ten years. When it was time for vw to pay there taxes they said no to our state and closed the plant putting 6000 people out of work that plant is still. Empty today.Great employer I think not. Vw is on the same path in tenn.
VW employer

Harrison, TN

#7 Aug 10, 2012
Westmoreland closed because they were producing more of the Rabbit and Thing than were being purchased. Overproduction of a non-demand product and lack of organization was the nail in Westmoreland's coffin...not failure to pay taxes. Sorry about your situation. Up until they handed it over to American management who try to turn the German way of manufacturing into the Toyota/Nissan method...VWGoA has been great.
Donnie wrote:
I'm an ex vw worker from new Stanton Pa do u know the story about what vw did to 6000 workers in the assembly plant that made rabbits from 1978 to 1988. Our state gave them everything your state did to bring them here. Free taxes and money for ten years. When it was time for vw to pay there taxes they said no to our state and closed the plant putting 6000 people out of work that plant is still. Empty today.Great employer I think not. Vw is on the same path in tenn.
employEE not ER

Harrison, TN

#8 Aug 10, 2012
Sorry for the typo.
Donnie

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Aug 22, 2012
employEE not ER wrote:
Sorry for the typo.
I would like to know where you got your info from but we never built the Thing at westmoreland I do hope this works out for you people in Tenn. But you are dealing with Vw If they don't like the way things are going they will pull the plug and give Mexico the production like they did to us Good luck over the next 10 years

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chattanooga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 49 min Smeagain 9,566
Jaycee Towers 1 Downtown 1 hr cory 2
ANR in Chattanooga 9 hr isothenow 2
Rhasean Lowry, 34, Charged With Child Abuse And... Wed the voice 13
Looking for a motorycle club/group Wed onemanshow 15
heathens mc (Jan '14) Wed just saying the t... 320
I Still Love You (Nov '12) Wed True 89
Chattanooga Dating
Find my Match

Chattanooga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chattanooga News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chattanooga