Chattanooga Police Officer Arrested F...

Chattanooga Police Officer Arrested For Assault

There are 10 comments on the WTVC Chattanooga story from Aug 3, 2007, titled Chattanooga Police Officer Arrested For Assault. In it, WTVC Chattanooga reports that:

Sgt. Adrian Gibb, charged with assaulting his wife Sergeant Adrian Gibb with the Chattanooga Police Department has been charged with one count of Simple Assault.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVC Chattanooga.

NtheKnow

AOL

#1 Aug 7, 2007
Sgt. Gibb is innocent. His wife stepped into the middle of an argument between her husband, Sgt. Gibb, and her Lover. Sgt. Gibb simply pushed her aside to protect her from harms way. He never hit, punched or beat her in ANY WAY! Anyone who knows Sgt. Gibb understands this is not in his nature. He has been a devoted and admired Sergeant/officer with CPD for 19 years and has an exemplory record.
ya right

Commerce, GA

#2 Aug 12, 2007
all the other police officers in chattanooga never regularly beat anyone either
ya right

Commerce, GA

#3 Aug 12, 2007
they never target minorites, take bribes, beat up homeless people, taze people while in handcuffs, make up false police reports, get convicted of rape, etc..., etc..., etc...the CPD is a joke!, the city council never disciplines any of them or even admits there is a problem and my taxes continue to go up.
overtaxed

Orlando, FL

#4 Aug 13, 2007
ya right wrote:
they never target minorites, take bribes, beat up homeless people, taze people while in handcuffs, make up false police reports, get convicted of rape, etc..., etc..., etc...the CPD is a joke!, the city council never disciplines any of them or even admits there is a problem and my taxes continue to go up.
If you werent breaking the law, then they would NOT be going after you.
I am SICK of people trying TO PLAY THE RACE CARD to deflect their own guilt, and so are a lot of others!!!!
wants2know

United States

#6 Aug 15, 2007
NtheKnow wrote:
Sgt. Gibb is innocent. His wife stepped into the middle of an argument between her husband, Sgt. Gibb, and her Lover. Sgt. Gibb simply pushed her aside to protect her from harms way. He never hit, punched or beat her in ANY WAY! Anyone who knows Sgt. Gibb understands this is not in his nature. He has been a devoted and admired Sergeant/officer with CPD for 19 years and has an exemplory record.
Was the other guy hurt?
Letsgetreal

Chattanooga, TN

#7 Aug 30, 2007
Let's be honest here. I have lived in Chattanooga all my life, and I am not very impressed with the individuals our city has hired as police officers.
Silas Dogood

Belton, TX

#8 Sep 6, 2007
NtheKnow wrote:
Why has none of the news media not reported that the "co-worker" was Stephen Lebowitz and that Officer Gibb was confronting him about the affair he was having with Officer Gibb's wife?
Kip

Chattanooga, TN

#9 Jun 20, 2008
NtheKnow wrote:
Says who...Billy Long? Sam Parker? It's time to start REALLY investigating these fascist pigs here in the tri-state area.
Watchman

Chattanooga, TN

#10 Jan 2, 2009
I knew David (Sgt. Gibb) before he joined CPD.
I was one of his TOs where he worked before CPD.
He gave me a ride to the hospital when my wife had surgery seven years ago,he's always been a laid back nice guy,some people can turn into buttholes when they become cops,that didn't happen to David that I ever saw,I'm glad he's
out there,I've seen good ones and bads ones,David is a good one.
the truth

Chickamauga, GA

#12 Jan 8, 2014
Watchman wrote:
I knew David (Sgt. Gibb) before he joined CPD.
I was one of his TOs where he worked before CPD.
He gave me a ride to the hospital when my wife had surgery seven years ago,he's always been a laid back nice guy,some people can turn into buttholes when they become cops,that didn't happen to David that I ever saw,I'm glad he's
out there,I've seen good ones and bads ones,David is a good one.
I also know David and his family. David is a laid back arms and ears open kind of man.
For the time I got to spend around David it was always a handshake and a smile and what's up man. For those who know David the first thing you could say to decribe him. Would be about the devotion to his family especially his children. What a great Guy. I look up to Mr Gibb as a FATHER figure flat out I look up to the man. And true story I feel better knowing Davids on patrol when I roll through town. I don't believe anything said negatively towards Mr Gibb. The man would give a stranger the shirt off his back . Also keep in mind I know both of them Davids a good man a mentor and an even better dad. Lol everybody's. Always wanting to drag someone through the mud go find a real story about something that actually happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chattanooga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White people out numbered blacks in arrest for ... Mon Tax payer 5
Jamie Chey Sun Capt Kangaroo1 2
Andy Berke, presently Mayor of Chattanooga Jun 25 Jell-O shot 12
Married men Jun 23 Hmmmm 1
Paula Rachels Pierce Jun 21 Want Paula 10
Andy Turner (Nov '09) Jun 20 iknow more thanu 11
Luke Skywalkers Nightclub Jun 18 rat 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chattanooga Mortgages