AACS Fellow "Cosmetic Quack" Dr. Robe...

AACS Fellow "Cosmetic Quack" Dr. Robert Cattani

Posted in the Chattanooga Forum

Another bites the dust

Chattanooga, TN

#1 Sep 14, 2012
Impacted here: A history of malpractice cases, butchered patients, finally stripped of his medical license. An ““imminent threat to the health and safety” of his patients “guilty of gross negligence and incompetence”. Wow where have we heard that before???
ALBANY -Patients who’ve dealt with Cattani cheered the revocation, but also blasted the Health Department for waiting too long to act. They noted more than 40 malpractice lawsuits have been filed against Cattani, who had been practicing since 1968. Health Department,spokesman Peter Constantakes, defended the agency, saying its investigations are “thorough and must follow due process.” Remind anyone of the good doctor Bruce Pancakeand our state board?
“It is about time,” said attorney Robert Danzi, who represented teacher Juana Ayala, a Cattani patient left blind in one eye after a botched eyelid lift in 2005. In another case, a 20-year-old man suffered renal failure and nearly bled to death during a tummy-tuck procedure. The good Dr.Cattani, according to the Health Department report, tried to stop an ambulance crew from transporting the man from his office to a hospital.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-is...
You should see this cat’s stated medical credentials….Wow!

Chattanooga, TN

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Let’s take a closer look at this Cosmetic-Surgical Quack who has over 40 mal-practice claims against him: what could he possibility have in common with our local Quacks??? hummmm
“Dr. Cattani is an otolaryngologist i.e. ear nose & throat surgeon
having undertaken his residency training at New York Eye & Ear Infirmary. The
residency training for this specialty involves surgery from the collar bone up
hence ear, nose & throat. Although they are qualified to perform surgery
including cosmetic surgery of the head & neck their training does not include
any surgery outside this boundary.”
Aaron Stone MD, Aesthetic & Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, 2080 Century Park East, Suite 1110, Century City, Los Angeles, CA 90067
https://groups.google.com/forum/... #!topic/alt.baldspot/bYhWukw3y hc

Just a simple ENT doc, it sounds like doctor Stone had firsthand experience with Dr. Cattani’s handy work, just a guess on my part!

Chattanooga, TN

#4 Sep 18, 2012
This Quack was also a speaker during the 26 annual meeting of the “academy of cosmetic surgery” too!

His topic, what else would a bad “cosmetologist”, with about forty mal-practice claims filed speak about…but of course…the “Proper Informed Consent” which is: informing the patient of the risks of treatment, the prognosis, and alternative treatments. Before consenting to treatment. Does anyone catch my drift here…

What a slap in the general “Patient-Populations” face! The fact any doctor, so professionally-disgraced by bringing so much harm to his own Patients, is provided a platform on this specific topic, during an annual meeting of this group, in an effort to teach others! Do you think there were “quiet-whispers” in the audience of how many disfigured-patients this man was responsible for? This is ethically deplorable and just one-more damn good reason, I have no respect whatsoever for any doctor, who claims credentialing by this group,

No wonder it takes years and years to catch these types of medical “Butchers”! They have now “drifted” so far away from their “Medical Code of Ethics” they’ve reached a all-time, new low! By capitalizing on the harm, brought to their very own Patient population by one of their very own leaders! My God, this is incredible feat for any organized group of individuals anywhere in the world!

United States

#6 Sep 20, 2012
This doctor was a trustee of this medical board?

Chattanooga, TN

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Yes, along with his fellow trustees: Gerald G. Edds, MD, Neil S. Sadick, MD, Rhys Branman, MD, Jacob Haiavy, MD, Maurice P. Sherman, MD
Robert V. Cattani, MD, Patrick G. McMenamin, MD, Robert A. Shumway, MD, L. Angelo Cuzalina, MD, DDS, Samir Pancholi, DO Allan E. Wulc, MD, FACS.

During this review, I also found this: The ABCS has recently stream-lined the qualification requirements for applicants who are in AACS
accredited cosmetic surgery fellowships or who have competed their fellowships and are applying
to challenge the exam for certification. Current AACS fellows in training may take the written
exam during their fellowship and then take the oral exam upon completion of their fellowship
training as long as they are certified in their primary ABMS specialty and have completed the surgical case log requirements.

This change in the application process will allow AACS fellowship trained cosmetic surgeons to become board certified by the ABCS much sooner without the re-quirement of documenting extensive post-fellowship surgical cases. The board has tremendous re-spect for the AACS fellowships and program directors, and realizes the tremendous volume anddepth of training received by the fellows. Therefore, it made sense to the ABCS Board of Trustees to expedite the application process and simplify the requirements for AACS fellows registering to take the ABCS certifying exam.

I found in very funny, this group uses the ABMS standard as its accredidation foundation too. Typical medical quacks, talking from both sides of their collective mouths.

Chattanooga, TN

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Additionally, I personally do not recognized this board as anything, except a group of egotistical-maniac’s, trading their in their public trust and ethic standards for a dollar!

It is a privately held-state registered company for profit. As I have stated many times, THERE IS NO SUCH DOCTOR, AS A COSMETIC SURGEON! There are 24 American Board of Medical Specialties, with their respected sub-specialties (ABMS) in all of US medicine, the GOLD standard for the entire world, period (No debate whatsoever).

Not one American board, is named "cosmetic" anything! IT DOES NOT EXSIST!

Listen to this stuff:“Robert V Cattani is often invited to deliver lectures, seminars and workshops and international symposiums that are held at different times in various localities. Numerous experts, scholars, and upcoming cosmetologists (Holy smokes…did Dr. Bob plagiarize him? Tell me it’s not so) would attend his seminar and lectures to get the valuable information that he delivers during his priceless sessions. The American board of hair restoration surgery honors him as a senior diplomat. He occupied the honorable role of president of the board for a couple of years between the years 2002 and 2004. American board of cosmetic surgery also had him as a vice president for a lengthy span of about seven years and prior to that as a senior diplomat. Being one of the board directors for the majority of the cosmetic surgical societies in different parts of the globe, the whole world is aware of his credential landmark achievements and feats in the field. It is for these reasons, most of the times, one could see Dr. Robert V Cattani to be traveling all around to different parts of the world. It is on invitation from premium societies of different countries, which he cannot decline easily despite his busy schedules locally.”

How much vodka does it take, before any man can write this crap about himself?

Let’s see how many "premium societies" invites this egotistical SOB, an “ENT“, a self-proclaimed, cosmetic-butcher quack gets now!

Chattanooga, TN

#9 Sep 21, 2012
A 20 year old male lipo-patient....almost bled to death, after office-surgery and this Cosmetic Quack argues with the EMT's about taking the patient to a hospital!

A female was leftblind in one eye after face lift surgery, in 05 too, among several other issues!(Drifted a little to far from that original ENT training...)

737 000 plaintiff verdict

Chattanooga, TN

#10 Sep 21, 2012
Antoinette DiCicco v. Robert V. Catani, M.D. Verdict / Settlement (breakdown):$737,000 plaintiff verdict ($400,000 past pain and suffering,$300,000 future pain and suffering,$12,000 past medical costs,$25,000 future medical costs). DiCicco, 30, went to Cattani, for bilateral breast augmentation on Oct. 20, 2000.

“On March 27, 2001, both breast implants were removed and replaced by Cattani because of capsular contracture and to raise the inframammary fold. On May 13, 2001, DiCicco noticed a scab on the lower left side of her left breast. Cattani determined that the left implant was visible through an opening in her skin.

On May 15, 2001, Cattani removed both implants. There was a large deformity of the left breast in the spot where the implant had extruded.

On Sept. 29, 2001, Cattani performed a fat transfer procedure placing fat from her buttocks into the area of deformity in the left breast in an attempt to build it up and also placed fat into her upper lip.

In December 2001, Cattani sent DiCicco to Dr. Paula Moynahan for consultation regarding her condition.

On April 14, 2002, Cattani replaced both breast implants. The result was a large disfiguring scar deformity on DiCicco's left breast. On Nov. 24, 2005, DiCicco noticed the left breast implant protruding from the skin.

On Nov. 26, 2005, Dr. Burt Greenberg removed the extruding left breast implant. As of June 7, 2007, DiCicco had one implant in the right breast and no implant in the left breast. She will require extensive breast reconstruction bilaterally, a source said.

After deliberating two days, the jury found Cattani negligent in the first two procedures on Oct. 20, 2000, and on March 27, 2001, and that the negligence caused the injuries.”

I believe settlements of this size are common knowledge among this group! But still he remained in a leadership roll, why?

ASCBS and Butcher Cattani

Chattanooga, TN

#11 Sep 21, 2012
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF COSMETIC BREAST SURGERY invited this “fat-cat” to teach the group… in 2010 & 2011. At their 26th & 27th Annual Educational Meeting in Newport Beach! Remember, this poor man said he can’t even take a vacation…was he busy over that time answering to NY Court of law, for what else "butchering a woman's Breasts???
This makes no sense to me at all.
10:40 am Introducing Cosmetic Breast Surgery Into a Practice- Robert V. Cattani, M.D.
11:40 - 12:00 am Inform Consent with Cosmetic Breast Surgery – Robert V. Cattani, M.D
Another judgement

Chattanooga, TN

#12 Oct 8, 2013
Good surgeons, damn-well know who the bad ones are!

“Marilyn Franklin paid Cattani thousands of dollars for a neck lift in 2009. What she got was a grotesque scar that curls around from the back of her neck to the front of her ear.(The Post published an appalling photo of Cattani's handiwork.). "I went in to have my turkey neck done and I came back the bride of Frankenstein."

When Franklin showed the scar to a nurse at another doctor's office, she says the nurse recognized the mark of Cattani immediately. "She guessed it on the spot it was him," “ I can't tell you how many patients we are aware of who were scarred and maimed.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chattanooga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New trophy wives (May '15) 15 hr wrong 11
Quills Intriguing 15 hr Eternal truth 77
Considering Christianity Sat Eternal truth 18
Burell Built still has unpaid taxes Nov 27 beware 2
Outlaws MC Chattanooga (Jan '09) Nov 27 reaper7 731
My eyes are up here Nov 26 Ms Sassy 13
weed in Chattanooga. Nov 23 kickboxer2 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chattanooga Mortgages