Dr. Pancake Death Investigated

Dr. Pancake Death Investigated

There are 336 comments on the WDEF-TV Chattanooga story from Sep 17, 2007, titled Dr. Pancake Death Investigated. In it, WDEF-TV Chattanooga reports that:

Submitted by Bill Mitchell on September 16, 2007 - 4:16pm. News Chattanooga police homicide detectives are investigating the death of prominent plastic surgeon, Dr. via WDEF-TV Chattanooga

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDEF-TV Chattanooga.

nohowyoufeel

Rossville, GA

#203 Jun 16, 2008
Oh dont't you think im not willing to do what I can to help IF the ADA doesn't help then what in the world are they out there for?what's there purpose.. who is suppose to protect us ..from these dr's wrecking our live? now dont't get me wrong I know there are many Great dr's out there we just need to label them. and yes I have he evidence of the product that is broken in my mouth and picture's and oppinion's .I hope Dee's still tuned in IM practically on baby food I don't know about her. When I show my teeth if that's what you call them to people they say oooh.. who did that? look's awful .. and they say in his commerical's he promises you a great smile and I say would you like this they say no way. well with this kinda of work how long will anyone continue in business?I'LL KEEP you updated hey
Pembroke

Knoxville, TN

#205 Jun 17, 2008
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee!" It's sad.. Seems this guy was loved by as many people as hated him.
nohowyoufeel

Rossville, GA

#206 Jun 17, 2008
Pembroke wrote:
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee!" It's sad.. Seems this guy was loved by as many people as hated him.
Who are you talking about?
DEE

Chattanooga, TN

#207 Jun 17, 2008
nohowyoufeel wrote:
Oh dont't you think im not willing to do what I can to help IF the ADA doesn't help then what in the world are they out there for?what's there purpose.. who is suppose to protect us ..from these dr's wrecking our live? now dont't get me wrong I know there are many Great dr's out there we just need to label them. and yes I have he evidence of the
product that is broken in my mouth and picture's and oppinion's .I hope Dee's still tuned in IM practically on baby food I don't know about her. When I show my teeth if that's what you call them to people they say oooh.. who did that? look's awful .. and they say in his commerical's he promises you a great smile and I say would you like this they say no way. well with this kinda of work how long will anyone continue in business?I'LL KEEP you updated hey
tHANKS guys for listening I just can't seem to get things together. I will post later some of the op notes that he wrote on my chart about the procedures. This will just floor you. I am going to call the dental board tomorrow and see what they say. I called a couple of lawyers but their is not enough money in it for them and they turned me down. I have till Aug 13 to file a suit. Hopefully I can get someone to take my case and stop this SOB before he does this to someones else. If any one wants to personally talk or get in touch with me my personal e-mail is galnblack@mailcity.com and we will hook up and chat. Thanks everyone
nohowyoufeel

Rossville, GA

#209 Jun 18, 2008
DEE wrote:
<quoted text>
tHANKS guys for listening I just can't seem to get things together. I will post later some of the op notes that he wrote on my chart about the procedures. This will just floor you. I am going to call the dental board tomorrow and see what they say. I called a couple of lawyers but their is not enough money in it for them and they turned me down. I have till Aug 13 to file a suit. Hopefully I can get someone to take my case and stop this SOB before he does this to someones else. If any one wants to personally talk or get in touch with me my personal e-mail is galnblack@mailcity.com and we will hook up and chat. Thanks everyone
Dee the email addree came back to me as undeliverable ck and make sure you entered it right.. i got gainblack@mailcity.com
nohowyoufeel

Rossville, GA

#215 Jun 18, 2008
You are so right butttt!!! he has no ideal who he's up against ..
nohowyoufeel

Rossville, GA

#216 Jun 20, 2008
Dee let me hear from you ..
Dee

United States

#217 Jun 20, 2008
nohowyoufeel wrote:
Dee let me hear from you ..
You guys are the best. You have given me a new hope on life. I have an appointment with that lawyer in 2 weeks.
I hope he can help me. I just don't want anyone to end up like me. My face looks so bad. My right side of my lower lip is still pulled to were it looks like I have had a stroke.
Just once again thanks for everyone's help you are wonderful people.
nohowyoufeel

Rossville, GA

#218 Jun 20, 2008
DEE there is about 4 more complaint's on the vimo review site again'st him since you went there he is on a roll big time .. let me here from you when u see the lawyers if u want to try to keep in touch for it's not over for me yet either im not gonna give up he has messed up my life also I dont think it's Quite as bad as your's and I know there only so much we can say over the internet
but maybe we can work out a way to get each others email address with out giving it over the net..we'll figure it out and thank you also for helping me keep on keeping on ..
Matthew

AOL

#219 Jun 20, 2008
I worked with Dr Pancake years ago. Worked with is a strech. I knew him in passsing and the occasional hi how are you..My gaydar went off on him. He was married and has beautiful daughters. One weird thing about him. When the girls were small he built a runway in his basement and taught them how to model. This was rumor but from a nurse that worked with him daily and went to dinner with him. He was very odd. I dont know about hiv or aids. Its a sad situation all the way round. I feel sorry for his family.
Impacted

Ooltewah, TN

#221 Jun 21, 2008
Matthew wrote:
I worked with Dr Pancake years ago. Worked with is a strech. I knew him in passsing and the occasional hi how are you..My gaydar went off on him. He was married and has beautiful daughters. One weird thing about him. When the girls were small he built a runway in his basement and taught them how to model. This was rumor but from a nurse that worked with him daily and went to dinner with him. He was very odd. I dont know about hiv or aids. Its a sad situation all the way round. I feel sorry for his family.
Read post # 102 on this thread. You will find that post very interesting! I promise.
Impacted

Chattanooga, TN

#225 Aug 26, 2008
Recently I’ve had few concerns; generally feeling the thread has headed somewhat off track of its intended goal. I truly believe for this thread to be successful it must stay focused on the common goal. Today, I personally believe that goal is; assist individuals who have been injured by medical mal-practice. It is indeed frustrating when posters pay little attention to the subject matter and start attacking each other. Don’t get me wrong I believe all should be welcomed here, the good the bad and the ugly. No censorship should take place but the postings should occur in an honest strait forwarded fashion, no “witch hunting”! We should remain focused on providing the, what truly lies in our hearts and building credibility through factual information to the best of our knowledge.
This threads lineage was motivated by Dr. Bruce Pancake’s tragic suicide which occurred the afternoon of 9/16/07. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chattanooga-t... in 24 days we will past the one year anniversary of this threads inception”. The Pancake thread was started three days after his death by a Topix “Robot Poster” which automatically picks up local newspaper stories and posts them on Topix for others to review and post. An anonymous poster began it all with “He’s one dead Quack now”, there’s been a total of 221 posts since.
back to Pancake

Hixson, TN

#227 Sep 15, 2008
Does anyone have referrals that can re-pair Dr. Pancakes breast implants? For 3yrs. now I have lived with his terrible mistakes afraid to go to anyone else and not having the $$$ either. The problems now have to be corrected very soon for its only getting worse and painful any help with referrals in Atlanta or here chattanooga would be very helpful.
tell me more

Rossville, GA

#228 Sep 15, 2008
back to Pancake wrote:
Does anyone have referrals that can re-pair Dr. Pancakes breast implants? For 3yrs. now I have lived with his terrible mistakes afraid to go to anyone else and not having the $$$ either. The problems now have to be corrected very soon for its only getting worse and painful any help with referrals in Atlanta or here chattanooga would be very helpful.
have you tried asking dr larry sargent?? famous plastic surgeon
misslender

Soddy Daisy, TN

#230 Sep 24, 2008
While I was in seeing my doctor..john Franklin (whom will be greatly missed) there were two other women waiting to be seen. Pancake sliced them up like a cucumber. And didnt he have AIDS?? What was someone with HIV doing surgery in the first place??
I simply hate that John Franklin was killed in the wreck..I was not done with what all I was doing. Now what??
Impacted

Chattanooga, TN

#231 Sep 24, 2008
Responding to post #227 & 230.
Post # 69 is a list of “American Board Certified Plastic Surgeons ( https://www.abplsurg.org/ )” accredited by the Board for Medical Specialties, located in Chattanooga as of that posting date; Dr. Franklin was such a doctor. My recommendation is seeing nothing less, than this particular credentialed surgeon, do not be miss-lead by FACS membership/designation or any doctor pretending to be a plastic surgeon, as Pancake did and still others do today. Additionally, check the Tennessee Board of health’s website for current license information on any doctor of interest. If the doctor appears on both the lists, as no state sanctions and the credentials match, it is a safe bet! Only after you have completed the above should you accept a personal referral. I would expect Dr. Franklin’s office is prepared to make proper referrals.

You may go here; http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chattanooga-t... for a quick reference on Tennessee state sanctioned medical doctors. However, the state only provides information back to January 2003, if a doctor appears on this list, I would not entertain the thought of visiting their office. Investigate before you go see any doctor!

Remember to take copies of all medical records pertaining to your concern(s) this will save time, money and reduce confusion in this transition. Educate yourself regarding possible procedures and options, ask a lot of questions, face time with the doctor is most important. Do not be hesitant about questioning any doctor’s credentials, experience, staff tenor and what can possibility go wrong in detail, if there is any hesitation on the doctors part in discussing all the delicate details, get up, walk out and don’t look back! Hell, ask the doctors; how their personal life is going, things all right at home, with the spouse, kids, finically? When he looks at you puzzled, simply state: Pancake’s very existence has seriously shaken my confidence in the medical community, how did he get away with hurting so many patients, for so long a period? Then watch his head drop!

Please report to the thread your experiences. It has important to find the good doctors as it is pointing out the bad ones.
Little to Do

Rossville, GA

#233 Oct 2, 2008
Psycho Impacted needs to look inward and fight her own demons and guilt. I think you should be asking for prayers for you and your own family.
Patient

Chattanooga, TN

#234 Oct 2, 2008
Dr. Pancake actually fixed my ear. I didn't go to him for a nose job or anything, I went to him because I had a hole in my eardrum. Before he did surgery on it I couldn't go swimming without getting swimmers ear. Now I can go swimming without getting swimmers ear, though I am deaf in my left ear. He couldn't have fixed that though. I thought he was a very good doctor.
anonymous

Rossville, GA

#235 Oct 2, 2008
Little to Do wrote:
Psycho Impacted needs to look inward and fight her own demons and guilt. I think you should be asking for prayers for you and your own family.
Did you have an experience with pancake??? or a family member of yours??
Impacted

Chattanooga, TN

#236 Oct 2, 2008
Patient wrote:
Dr. Pancake actually fixed my ear. I thought he was a very good doctor.
Thats great, what year did you have your surgery?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chattanooga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Human Rights Campaign report says Chattanooga l... 3 hr smh 49
New trophy wives 3 hr ladyblue 2
EPB Rate Increase; bonuses and whistle blower l... 3 hr ladyblue 1
News Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr RonAdams 9,610
Anybody work at Amazon? (Nov '14) 10 hr smh 4
News State briefs: 'In God We Trust' may be on Ander... (Feb '13) Wed derp 95
never drive for us express Tue Rickie63 2
More from around the web

Chattanooga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]