First Prev
of 4
Next Last
WoodlawnBullies

Dalton, GA

#1 May 24, 2010
I hear you have a kid at woodlawn that has been bullied all year long. He has been taunted all year and the teacher did nothing about it. I heard he was kicked in the private area 5 or 6 times in one instance as the teachers sit back and do nothing. And yes, they knew about this. He had walked with a limp for 2 weeks. Now, this last week as the bullying continues multiple kids jump him and break his arm in two places. now teacher have to do something but do you want to guess what is is they do.....you got it cover their ass. They are caught yet again letting a certain classification of people get the hell beat out of them, mentally and physically but yet they are worried only about how it looks on them. well, you guessed it .... all the teachers are defending the teacher saying you can't watch everyone all the time. it is just amazing to me that there are headline bullying instances in Murray constantly and none in the other area schools. it is time we step up and tell the good ole girl system in murray to get the hell out of here. they are incapable of managing and fairness.
True Fan

Dalton, GA

#2 May 24, 2010
If the child is being bullied then yes the teacher/administration need to do something to stop it. But the parents need to step in and try to stop things as well. Insist on a conference with the parents of the bullies. If the school or the parents of the bullies won't comply then press charges against both of them. Parents are responsible for their childrens actions until they are of legal age or until they can be charged as an adult per the legal system.
My child is a student at Woodlawn and I pray that he never falls victim to the same circumstances as the child you are speaking of.
By the way, what grade is the child in?
WoodlawnBullies

Dalton, GA

#3 May 24, 2010
The parents did talk to the school system. You can't press charges in this town, remember they tried to get the police to investigate the long suicide and the catscratch police found no evidence to prosecute...this is a boy trampled enough to kill himself. But this is not about Mr. Long. This is about a 3rd grade boy at woodlawn. the aggressors might be not allowed at school the last week but seriously is that all that you are recommending. this is a serious offense that administrators just simply don't care.
Screwed

Columbia, SC

#4 May 24, 2010
We all know that most of the kids at school parents don't care for or about there children. I'm not saying this is the case i'm just saying that a 7 year old is not able to take up for there self's and may not have told there parents about whats been going on. I can tell you this if one of my kids ever comes home and some kid has kicked them in the privates numerous times and i find out that a teacher knew and didn't do any thing about it. They will wish to God that they would never have got into teaching.
Mommy

Dalton, GA

#5 May 24, 2010
We have the same problem at Northwest and more. The principal there will take up for those teachers every step of the way. I am sick and tired of it. Telling us how to raise our kids when they let this crap go on at school. The problem is he likes the parents that don't complain. That don't give a crap because that make his job easier. He let's his teacher walk around dressed like they are working the streets. When you do complain you are gave the run around. Then it always comes back on you. How some way shape or form it's your fault. All I can say is PLEASE PAY ATTENTION ON WHAT GOES ON AT YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL........
too smart for murray

Dalton, GA

#6 May 24, 2010
I hate murray county. Old ignorant people don't even have the slightest clue. If it is someone that they think is important, they will take their word for it over any one else.
True Fan

Dalton, GA

#7 May 24, 2010
I have always told my kids not to let people run over them. If someone hits you tell the teacher and then tell Moma & Daddy. If the kid hits you again beat the crap out of them.
If this ever happens to my child and the school trys to ignore me Heaven help them.
taxed to death

Dalton, GA

#8 May 24, 2010
Start attending ever School Board meeting. Fill out their little paper and address the situation. They will tell you they werent aware of the situation but address them anyway. You are allowed so much time to speak so keep you speech short. If enough people show up month after month maybe they will realize there is a problem. Some people are thick skulled and slow to learn seems like thats what we have on the School Board not to mention deaf. So glad my children have graduated. Lots of luck. If your child is being bullied get involved you are their only hope.
WoodlawnBullies

Dalton, GA

#9 May 24, 2010
It is sad. I have a bunch of personal friends that are teachers. Honest to god, one of them said to me they wished the longs would drop the lawsuit because their pay has already been cut and it will just cut it more. They have a total disregard for these kids, or better yet, the kids in certain classifications.

one other thing, I totally agree. I went to an event for my child the other day (at a given elementary school) and the teachers were dressed like slobs. Flip Flops, some had sweat pants on, ratty t-shirts, or some even had cleavage showing tight tight shirts showing off their plastic surgeons job. The administration has lost my respect. They do not demand professionalism from their teachers. I don't care who they are, they should look professional while they are in that building and quit looking homeless or slutty. It is not public schools that have gone bad but rather the respect that teachers were capable of demanding in the past and the level of concern they had that my child was going to be a success. They just don't care about anything but their classrooms average crct score.
IAgree

Dalton, GA

#10 May 24, 2010
I'll mention my schools name. Woodlawn. I was there the other day and was appalled at the teachers attire. I went to school with Jackie and she is a very classy lady. Always a fine teacher and always represented what I felt was professional and fair. But she certainly does not hold her staff to that. I was in shock that Jackie would allow such.

I have confidence she will do the right thing to protect this little boy that got his arm broke. I know Jackie and her heart, she loves all those kids. She is not like the other principals or superintendent.
Sad

United States

#11 May 24, 2010
It's sad. I personally am sorry to this little boy. It makes me mad that I pay taxes that allow these hypocritical administrators to run rampant. If someone did their kid that way they would run the aggressive kid out of the school. The teachers have the ability to go around put their child in any classromm they like, even though there are "no" requests but somehow all the teachers kids end up together and get all kinds of special treatment. It truly makes me sad to see a school system so dysfunctional. One day hopefully, Murray county will find a leader that holds teachers accountable to the kids. They owe these kids their undivided time. Not time they allot between phone calls, texts and facebook. Good luck to this latest family as they try to find someone in that system willing to protect their little boy.
crazy

Summerville, GA

#12 May 24, 2010
God bless that child and I hope that for his sake his parents don't let him go back! I pray that they can find some justice..
Sadie

Dalton, GA

#13 May 24, 2010
Well it will be the same ole thing that we don't know the whole story therefore the same run around as usual.
Sadie

Dalton, GA

#14 May 24, 2010
It's becoming an epedemic apparently...http://abcnews.go .com/TheLaw/diary-grade-girl-h anged-details-bullying/story?i d=10728726
Against illegals

United States

#15 May 24, 2010
If I were that parent I would have already benn to the school then I'd work my way to the so called superintendents office ( Dr of what? Who knows?) and then I would be finding my way to the bullies home and I would be having a heart to heart with this bulliy and the parents if they want to call themselves that! They should be as ashamed as the teachers. But from what I'm hearing those teachers have NO SHAME!
Mommy

Dalton, GA

#16 May 24, 2010
I am sick of these principals calling themselves Doctor so an so. Then they tell you what you are doing wrong and how it's all your fault. They don't have children of their own but they seem to know it all more than the TRUE DOCTORS...Now that is some crap...Telling you what the doctors said to you when they weren't even there at the appointment..I wish they would go to these appointments...Where these teachers try playing parent and do as they want..That don't cut it with me..Just be the teacher and do your job and watch after these kids..Let us parents that do give a damn be the parent....
love me tender

Douglas, GA

#17 May 24, 2010
I havent heard many people say bad things about woodlawn, but i have a grandson there and I think it is horrible. the teachers are always out in the hall laughing and cutting up when my grandson says they should be having class. He is in the fifth grade and those teachers are just loud and act llike school is just a party. They do dress like they dont care either. I keep trying to get my dughter to take him to another school. He has had kids be mean to him but the big lady teacher told him to go away. that is just not right.
home grown

Douglas, GA

#18 May 24, 2010
Really...you went to school with Jackie? She is not even from here!!! Get your lies straight. I agree...she runs her school like she is trying to win a popularity contest. It is Jackie first, faculty and then the students.
IAgree wrote:
I'll mention my schools name. Woodlawn. I was there the other day and was appalled at the teachers attire. I went to school with Jackie and she is a very classy lady. Always a fine teacher and always represented what I felt was professional and fair. But she certainly does not hold her staff to that. I was in shock that Jackie would allow such.
I have confidence she will do the right thing to protect this little boy that got his arm broke. I know Jackie and her heart, she loves all those kids. She is not like the other principals or superintendent.
Against illegals

Toledo, OH

#19 May 24, 2010
Mommy wrote:
I am sick of these principals calling themselves Doctor so an so. Then they tell you what you are doing wrong and how it's all your fault. They don't have children of their own but they seem to know it all more than the TRUE DOCTORS...Now that is some crap...Telling you what the doctors said to you when they weren't even there at the appointment..I wish they would go to these appointments...Where these teachers try playing parent and do as they want..That don't cut it with me..Just be the teacher and do your job and watch after these kids..Let us parents that do give a damn be the parent....
. And for what these techers make they need to be more concerned about the kids! It looks like Woodlawn and bagley are running a close race with teachers that don't care. This forum helped mrs Willis, according to what they said, hopefully it will be an eye opener to the teachers that let these bullies run rampant!
Get a clue

Cleveland, TN

#20 May 24, 2010
I have a niece at northwest who gets bullied. Her parents have talked to the teacher and they separated the kids, but my little niece still comes home in tears because the other kid still gets around her and bullies her. I'm telling you now, if this happens to one of mine, I'll show up at the school with more than just a bad attitude. Them thar educated peoples don't wanna see this ol' country boy pissed off!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesse East, Jr. 12 min Shh_ 9
our judge in murray county 1 hr Shasta Eubanks 21
News Calhoun drug ring takedown snares locals (May '10) 4 hr Foster 11
Murray High v/s Northmurray 5 hr Catamount 26
Obamacare failing 17 hr Bobby 2
2 BBQ restaurants in Chatsworth Thu dole hardgraves 13
Do you shop at Muslum owned ABC stores? Wed Chief 24

Chatsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance