NMHS Cheerleader Fundraisers

NMHS Cheerleader Fundraisers

Posted in the Chatsworth Forum

Jennifer

Warner Robins, GA

#1 Jun 16, 2009
NMHS Cheerleaders will be holding a car wash/bake sale/yard sale at Chapmans Funeral Home on Saturday June 20th from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
North Murray High School Mountaineers Cheerleading Squad will be hosting a
Kiddie Cheer Camp for boys & girls ages 6-12 years.
The camp dates are June 22nd – June 24th at the Ninth Grade Academy gym.
Registration is June 22nd 7:30 a.m.– 8:30 a.m.
Camp times are 8:30 a.m.– 11:30 a.m. June 22nd - 24th.
The Kiddie Camp cost is $50.00 per child.
The child will receive a NMHS t-shirt, plenty of bottled and lunch. They will learn chants, cheers, dances, and etc. from the NMHS Cheerleading Squad.
On June 24th NMHS cheerleaders will be holding a Cheer Off for the camp participants from 8:00 a.m.– 11:00 a.m.
This is the chance for the camp participants to “show off “ what they have learned at Kiddie Camp. The NMHS cheerleaders will also be performing.
We need sponsors for the Cheer Off in order to raise money for cheerleading camp.
Our squad of 19 cheerleaders must raise at least $300.00 each for the cost cheerleading camp.
Corporate and private donations will be greatly appreciated.
Checks can be made payable to:
NMGS Booster Club
1004 Green Road Chatsworth, GA 30705
Please note Cheerleading Camp in the memo section of your check.

Thank you for supporting our squad!
Democrat

Redmond, WA

#2 Jun 16, 2009
You should ask Obama for stimulus money.
Educator

Sweetwater, TN

#3 Jun 16, 2009
You can't charge the girls $300 for any camp, sorry. The total which they can be responsible for is $150.00,school board rule.
Jennifer

Warner Robins, GA

#4 Jun 17, 2009
Educator wrote:
You can't charge the girls $300 for any camp, sorry. The total which they can be responsible for is $150.00,school board rule.
NMHS is not charging them $300.00, The UCA camp being held at UGA is charging them.

The cost was more than that last year for MCHS cheerleaders who attended UT in Knoxville. That's why as a community we should pull together and help all these kids out. NMHS & MCHS
Jennifer

Warner Robins, GA

#5 Jun 17, 2009
Educator you have peeked my interest. If you would please let me know where to look in the BOE rules/guide lines to find out about this $150.00. If it's true I would love to be able to have this information.
Thanks!
Nick Saban

Redmond, WA

#6 Jun 17, 2009
It cost more than $300.00 to be a cheeleader at Bama.
Educator

Sweetwater, TN

#7 Jun 17, 2009
You are correct,the camp does cost that much and it did cost more last year. Thank you for clearing my statement up. I agree with you,no matter whether we are a North Murray or a MCHS supporter,we should help all the students out. These are Murray COUNTY kids and all deserve our support. Although I am a MCHS coach,I am supporting the N.M.cheerleaders by pledging some money to them. Jennifer, several years ago, a coach sent out a letter to their players parents telling the athletes they would have to pay a large sum of money to play on the team. The school board heard about it and the coach received a warning. A note went to all of us coaches that the athletes who play on a team can be responsible for only $150 for that sport and that team sport can only sponsor two fund raisers a season. It was up to each boster club to come up with any extra monies needed for the season. This happened about 4-5 years ago. You can call the A.D. for either school and they can give you more information about it.
Cost

Columbia, SC

#8 Jun 17, 2009
The kids can only be responsible for $150 each per kid out of pocket, but kids at both high schools fundraise to make up the difference in their camp cost. So if a kid is charged $300 to attend a camp, they must fundraise to cover any amount over $150 OR they can fundraise the full amount if their parents don't want to pay $150. Hope this info helps.
Jennifer

Rocky Face, GA

#9 Jun 18, 2009
This is my daughters 4th year of cheering, 2 yrs @ Bagley, 1 yr @ MCHS and her first year @ NMHS.
The cost has always been above $300.00 and the girls had to either raise the funds or pay the whole amount themselves. We never got booster support when money was involoved.
This year at NMHS we have one booster club for all the sports programs. The money they are giving us will cover uniforms, bags, pom-poms & mats.
So far we have had to pay $80 for shoes, bloomers, 1 shirt & 1 pair of shorts & accessories. We still have to cover the cost of cheer camp which is around $300 each and the cost of camp wear, most everyone has paid a $50 to $100 deposits & the balance is due July 3rd.
We have been told that we can only have 2 individual fundraisers a year and that 1/2 of that money goes to the booster club and the other half we keep. But as parents we are allowed to go out and have as many fundraisers as we would like.

Here's the problem we have no money whatsoever and we need all the support we can get from the community.

Thank you to Cost & Educator for providing the information.
witness

Sweetwater, TN

#10 Jun 18, 2009
Jennifer, I will pledge some amount to your daughter. Tell her to seeme sometimes this summer. Don'tknow if I will see Sheri before school starts. Tell your daughter to ask Zeigler who I am. She will tell you. (The old man)
Jennifer

Rocky Face, GA

#11 Jun 19, 2009
witness wrote:
Jennifer, I will pledge some amount to your daughter. Tell her to seeme sometimes this summer. Don'tknow if I will see Sheri before school starts. Tell your daughter to ask Zeigler who I am. She will tell you.(The old man)
Thanks Witness.
Will you be at the football field today? If so we will stop by there after cheer practice.
witness

Chatsworth, GA

#12 Jun 19, 2009
I'm at MCHS right now and will be here until 10:30-11:00.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 round abouts at Spring Place 4 hr thetimestheyareac... 9
school supt 4 hr Freudian Slap 5
Anyone know William "Frank" Henry 16 hr Survivor 12
Cheating Fireman Feb 21 luke changes tires 16
Miranda Bartley Feb 21 Tigger 24
Rebecca Landrum Phillips Feb 19 amazed 3
abm Feb 17 Just Me 3

Chatsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance