murray county animal control

murray county animal control

Posted in the Chatsworth Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
howard

Douglas, GA

#1 Aug 5, 2008
murray co. animal control needs to be disbanded and turned back over to the sheriff's office like whitfield co did their's.it would be more efficent and they would have 24 hour coverage ,which they don't now .plus we could get rid of that piece of shit director named gary cowart and save a department head salary. he's never in his office anyway and evidently does not like the job because he ran for sheriff in 2004 and got about 40 votes.and came back.
Mandy

Douglas, GA

#2 Aug 5, 2008
It's a mystery to me why Murray Co. Animal Control has all the County Vehicles, at least 4 with some being 4-w drive. The won't answer a call. Even Emergency Dispatch knows that. The whole department is a waste of money.
MCSO14

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Aug 5, 2008
The Current sheriff does not want animal control he does not care about saving money
Chandler

Dalton, GA

#4 Aug 6, 2008
whoever the dog catcher is should have a cell phone that can be accessed at anytime and if that is to much for them then I say get someone in that position that doesn;t mind.
Kay

Sweetwater, TN

#5 Aug 6, 2008
You're a little bit behind the times, Howard. Gary Cowart has been gone for several months now and, IMO, the shelter is being run much more efficiently. And the employees DO carry cellphones. Murray Co. citizens could make this department go away just by taking responsibility for their pets, keeping them inside or fenced, having them spayed and/or neutered, and not dumping them by the side of the road! Sounds like a plan to me.
howard wrote:
murray co. animal control needs to be disbanded and turned back over to the sheriff's office like whitfield co did their's.it would be more efficent and they would have 24 hour coverage ,which they don't now .plus we could get rid of that piece of shit director named gary cowart and save a department head salary. he's never in his office anyway and evidently does not like the job because he ran for sheriff in 2004 and got about 40 votes.and came back.
common sense

Dalton, GA

#6 Aug 6, 2008
Kay wrote:
You're a little bit behind the times, Howard. Gary Cowart has been gone for several months now and, IMO, the shelter is being run much more efficiently. And the employees DO carry cellphones. Murray Co. citizens could make this department go away just by taking responsibility for their pets, keeping them inside or fenced, having them spayed and/or neutered, and not dumping them by the side of the road! Sounds like a plan to me.
<quoted text>
If animal control is run so much more efficiently, why did they NOT respond to the many calls that came in to them regarding the brown dog on north 225?? This dog attacked a little boy and he had to have plastic surgery yesterday...animal controls reply to the media was "call jim welch"...but, he was in meetings all day and did not know what was going on...SOOOO, why not put the animal control back under the sheriffs dept. like it was several years ago and should be now.
MCSO14

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Aug 6, 2008
We need to elect a new Sheriff and then the sheriff's office can do it

www.electbennydavenport.com
Brett Morrison

Doerun, GA

#8 Aug 6, 2008
MCSO14 wrote:
We need to elect a new Sheriff and then the sheriff's office can do it
www.electbennydavenport.com
Just who are you? You are obviously not Joe Wilkey whose badge number is MCSO14. Unless you are trying to impersonate a specific peace officer you should just put your real name with your posts.
Eloise

Amity, AR

#9 Aug 6, 2008
whitfield co went back to having the animal control with their officers at the sheriff dept. and it has worked out perfectly they have 24 hour protection now.
Hey Brett

Amity, AR

#10 Aug 6, 2008
MCSO14 is Kenny Brandenburg.
Chandler

Dalton, GA

#11 Aug 7, 2008
Brett since you have a birds eye view of how the sheriffs office is run what are your thoughts? Should we keep animal control the way it is or give it back to the sheriff's department? Should we vote for Howard or for Benny and why? I can understand if you can't say but just thought it would be nice to hear your thoughts rather than some of the people on here that don't see what really goes on everyday.
susie

United States

#12 Sep 20, 2008
I personally think animal control does an excellent job. They at least call you back.
write in

United States

#13 Sep 21, 2008
Turn it over to puppy promises- they are the only ones doing anything for the animals and don't even get paid!

Since: Nov 08

Chatsworth, Ga.

#14 Nov 11, 2008
Hey Brett wrote:
MCSO14 is Kenny Brandenburg.
Kenny Brandenburg hasn't been with the MCSO in several years. Joe Wilkey is S14 and has been for a while now.
hello kitty

United States

#15 Nov 25, 2008
Mandy wrote:
It's a mystery to me why Murray Co. Animal Control has all the County Vehicles, at least 4 with some being 4-w drive. The won't answer a call. Even Emergency Dispatch knows that. The whole department is a waste of money.
exactly
uga_grl

Sycamore, GA

#16 Feb 25, 2009
All I know is I have called the shelter many times and NEVER get a answer!!! A few weeks back My dog got hurt very bad by a bulldog and had to be put down. I called the shelter to have someone come and get this bulldog needless to say they called 4 days later. It happen on Monday!! THEY ARE NO HELP waisted money if you ask me.
GENEVA COHEN

United States

#17 Feb 25, 2009
I called 2 weeks ago requesting help for a neighbors dog. HAVE NOT returned call!!
POPEYE

Redmond, WA

#18 Feb 27, 2009
I love animals-
especially on a bun.
momof3

Dalton, GA

#19 Mar 26, 2009
POPEYE wrote:
I love animals-
especially on a bun.
The one and only time I called, I was 37 wks. preg. with my third child. There was a little stray dog who kept bringing garbage in our yard and would jump all over my kids. Very friendly but a nuisance. Thay came 2-3 days later and the lady was sitting on my front porch. Never rang or knocked. I went outside and she was afraid of this dog. It was some kind of terrier mix. She would not touch the dog or turn her back on it. I, who was on bed rest per Dr., had to pick this dog up and put it in the cage. What do we pay them for? Is it a pet taxi ride to the pound? I'll take care of anymore strays cause the pound is a joke...
LIB

Smyrna, GA

#20 Jul 1, 2010
I like your style Kay!
Kay wrote:
You're a little bit behind the times, Howard. Gary Cowart has been gone for several months now and, IMO, the shelter is being run much more efficiently. And the employees DO carry cellphones. Murray Co. citizens could make this department go away just by taking responsibility for their pets, keeping them inside or fenced, having them spayed and/or neutered, and not dumping them by the side of the road! Sounds like a plan to me.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any chic into pee fetish or ever tried it???!!! 9 hr Shonuff 9
Murray County Animal Control Thu Smally Biggs 17
Trump 2020 Thu Ha ha 15
Nuclear power plant Wed I got to know 30
Searching for maleika or malika Wed Fmerunning 29
Bojangles' & captain D's (Dec '10) Nov 19 Biscuit bandit 46
christmas help (Oct '10) Nov 19 Christina1126 51

Chatsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chatsworth Mortgages