Curious

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

I heard there was a wreck on old 411 that killed two kids. Has anyone heard who it might be? That is just terrible.
RESIDENT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

The Georgia State Patrol is investigating a fatal crash that happened about 10 this morning at Old Hwy 411 and Highway 136. A woman driving a GMC Envoy was traveling south on Old Hwy 411 and ran a stop sign, striking a tractor trailer headed east on Highway 136. Two young boys, ages 6 an 12 died at the scene. The mother and a 13 year old nephew were transported to Hamilton Medical Center and have since been taken to Erlanger and TC Thompson's respectively. The family is one of a Gordon County firefighter.
RESIDENT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Curious wrote:
I heard there was a wreck on old 411 that killed two kids. Has anyone heard who it might be? That is just terrible.
Posted is the information from the Chatsworth Times. Heard about this tragedy this morning. Channel 9 has been reporting it also and the next update will be at 6PM. Praying for all injured and responders at the scene. I can not imagine what this mother is going through.
Sarah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Mason and Zach Green
Sarah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Sarah wrote:
Mason and Zach Green
They were from Summerville.
concerned 4 my own safety

Trion, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

These women have to stop texting and talking on their phones while driving 70 mph. I see it every day.
RESIDENT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Sarah wrote:
Mason and Zach Green
Thank you Sarah. We are praying for the family. Do you know the family? This is such a heart ache.
fullofsorrow

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Please please pray for the father/husband... He was working during the wreck today and was actually on one of the first responding trucks to the scene. I couldn't imagine showing up to a wreck expecting to do my job and discovering that it was actually my spouse and kids. So incredibly sad.
fullofsorrow

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

fullofsorrow wrote:
Please please pray for the father/husband... He was working during the wreck today and was actually on one of the first responding trucks to the scene. I couldn't imagine showing up to a wreck expecting to do my job and discovering that it was actually my spouse and kids. So incredibly sad.
I work with in the medical field an have worked with the husband. Super nice and a great guy.
Just Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

fullofsorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
I work with in the medical field an have worked with the husband. Super nice and a great guy.
I work in the medical field as well and such a tragic, chilling story. No text message is worth the life of your children. I only hope all moms realize this after today's tragedy. Praying for family.
Wow

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text> I work in the medical field as well and such a tragic, chilling story. No text message is worth the life of your children. I only hope all moms realize this after today's tragedy. Praying for family.
just curious as to everyone seems to think she was texting. I haven't heard anyone that was there say anything about that being the case.
confused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

WHY does everyone assume that she was on her phone one way or another? Working dispatch for Gordon county I can tell you that is a bad spot and there have been several fatalities at that exact location!! Let's not be so quick to judge, but quick to uplift a family that lost 2 precious children, and a father who has faced the worst nightmare of anyone in public safety, in our prayers. May God comfort you Marshall in this time of sorrow and may He put his healing hand upon Susan and your nephew.
Sarah

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Sarah. We are praying for the family. Do you know the family? This is such a heart ache.
No, it was on ch 3 news. Pray for the family.
beebee

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Confused, you took my exact thoughts and worded them beautifully. thank you. I hope others see it this way as well.
hell bound

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>Posted is the information from the Chatsworth Times. Heard about this tragedy this morning. Channel 9 has been reporting it also and the next update will be at 6PM. Praying for all injured and responders at the scene. I can not imagine what this mother is going through.
The mother? would have to be a clueless thoughtless idiot to endanger her children like that, by running a stop sign. duhh
JOE

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

I for one hope that she was not on a phone,because that would only make this harder to live with,but we all see this every day and something is going to have to be done .Maybe they should start putting something in all of the new cars coming out that will prevent a phone being used in a car with the motor running,cell phone or other wise.Just another law being passed will not solve the problem,only make it worse.
bcican

Clinchfield, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

You would think after all the BS that's posted on Topix that nothing could surprise me but here again the inconsiderate comments about this wreck are another new low. If even possible, why don't you, the Trolls of Topix, try to dig deep and find a shred of decency and keep your mouths shut. I'm sure this family is struggling and I sincerely hope none of us have to ever know this kind of pain.
And Joe, they already have a device called TextBuster that can block the signal of the drivers phone while driving via Bluetooth. You can add this to your current car or wait and purchase something like it in a new one soon.
idiots for sure

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Praying for someone? They need to put the cell phones down and quit gosipping and sexting. Hell I would never I repeat NEVER want any of you in MURRAY praying for me.
Saddened

Hixson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Well, whether she was on her phone or not, I'm sure she will be punihing herself for the rest of he life. In fact, her marriage may not make it either. Tragedies can destroy even the strongest of families.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Chatsworth Forum right now

Search the Chatsworth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min Aggie23 49,755
Here It Comes-More Proof 5 hr Beldare 5
Is this for real? 21 hr Mama 4
Murray County Men with Small Packages 22 hr Melvin 9
Why are there so many lizzies in Chatsworth wit... 23 hr Bobby 1
Global cooling is real Fri Quantavius 35
Condoms in septic tank at Eton fire department Thu Melvin 22
•••
•••

Chatsworth News Video

•••
•••

Chatsworth Jobs