First Prev
of 6
Next Last
CURIOUS

Dalton, GA

#1 Apr 11, 2012
So what are your opinions on the food and pricing?
Joe the Citizen

Summerville, GA

#2 Apr 11, 2012
CURIOUS wrote:
So what are your opinions on the food and pricing?
is it open?
Doo

United States

#3 Apr 11, 2012
They leave skidmarks in my drawers.
hello

Summerville, GA

#4 Apr 11, 2012
when are they going to open
DUHHHH

Dalton, GA

#5 Apr 12, 2012
Food's good, but costs way too much
Captain America

Munford, AL

#6 Apr 12, 2012
Gave me a bad case of the _ _ _ ts
MuRrAy

Chickamauga, GA

#7 Apr 12, 2012
The food is great...it is too pricey.
We would love to come back, but need them to come down on their prices.
Doo

Dalton, GA

#8 Apr 12, 2012
Captain America wrote:
Gave me a bad case of the ___ ts
You didn't soil your Captain America suit did you? I haven't tried them yet.....sould I?
higher in murray

Dalton, GA

#9 Apr 12, 2012
typical of murray too high. coming home from dalton ga. I went ahead and filled up with gas. It was $3.60 beside the mall. Got over to murray yea you guessed it .31 cents higher. They are robbing us for sure over here. every thing is higher
Joe the Citizen

Dalton, GA

#10 Apr 12, 2012
anyone know the phone# of pork/beans?..
wanna order something tonight.
How late are they open?
wondering

United States

#11 Apr 12, 2012
Did not know they were finally open. What is on the menu? Thank you
Terrible

Jackson, TN

#12 Apr 12, 2012
I love barbeque, but that was the worst sandwich I have ever had. No flavor, no sauce cooked in and was really small. Gave you a smaller order of fries than a McDonald's happy meal.

That place will not be in business long. Just flat out terrible. I will have to go to Big John's off Underwood Rd. to get decent bbq.
knows murray county

Dalton, GA

#13 Apr 12, 2012
If it's in murray county that alone tells me not to go.
Will

Summerville, GA

#14 Apr 12, 2012
Wow, I am really surprised about the negative comments. I found the prices to be in line with what good BBQ costs and the portions were great.

I had the sampler platter and it consisted of a large cup of pork, 4 ribs, 1/2 chicken and a large cup of stew and a large cup of beans. The sides were 3 times the size that Big John's treat shop gives. The stew was excellent but the beans were just okay. All of the meat had a very good smoke flavor. The chicken was fall off the bone tender and moist. The ribs had a unique rub (maybe a hint of cinnamon) and appeared to be overcooked but they were not at all. They have 3 distinct sauces but I found a blend of the sweet and the hot to be just right.

Anyway, all of that food was $12 and it would have easily fed two adults. Across the board I thought the quality of smoked meats to be well above average, the sides were average and the prices were average. The service was good and the place looks much better on the inside than I was expecting.

Thinking about how they stack up to local bbq I would say they are one of the better places we have. Bailey's in Ringgold has better sauces and I would probably give them the nod on pork as well. But I can't think of anything any closer that is better. I really like the family at Saucy Bones but their Q is lacking the nice smoke flavor and tasty bark that good pork BBQ has to have. Mike Dillon probably had better ribs but nothing else he served was a good as what Pork N Beans serves. Across the board I would say everything on the menu I tried was better than the same item at Choo Choo.

The bottom line is the group I was with really liked it and I hope they do well.
Willisbusted

Summerville, GA

#15 Apr 13, 2012
to start will (laughing) i know you are affiliated with this place (owner maybe). no custoer gets on and can give specific details expalining the menu as you have. that being said, i do not blaim you for making the comment that you did, if i had a place that was getting negative reviews i would do he same. i am just putting that out there. good try. now for my review - you suck! lol - not really, my bbq plate was a little under perportion than what i felt the price would offer, my wife's order was bland, little to no flavor at all. and you are way too high priced for the area and this economy. i will give you another shot in a week or two. but our order was nearly $25.00 with drinks. we eat at the village for way less by comparison, greater variety and higher quality. sorry but if you are going to be in the food business get ready to have to deal with critics.

Since: Aug 09

Greenville, SC

#16 Apr 13, 2012
Willisbusted wrote:
to start will (laughing) i know you are affiliated with this place (owner maybe). no custoer gets on and can give specific details expalining the menu as you have. that being said, i do not blaim you for making the comment that you did, if i had a place that was getting negative reviews i would do he same. i am just putting that out there. good try. now for my review - you suck! lol - not really, my bbq plate was a little under perportion than what i felt the price would offer, my wife's order was bland, little to no flavor at all. and you are way too high priced for the area and this economy. i will give you another shot in a week or two. but our order was nearly $25.00 with drinks. we eat at the village for way less by comparison, greater variety and higher quality. sorry but if you are going to be in the food business get ready to have to deal with critics.
BBQ, unfortunately, is high priced. Regardless of where you go.

“Just a simple man.”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#17 Apr 13, 2012
I have had the opportunity of dining there and I must admit that for the price I found the food to be sub par at worst. The meat was tender, the beans were average. There is not a lot of bbq sauce on the meat (and there should not be) that s what the extra sauce is for on the table. There was a hint of smokey flavor but I could not tell if it was actual smoked meat or added liquid smoke.

The service was good. That makes up for a lot of any mistakes for disappointments. A sub par venue with great service will always get my repeat business, no doubt.

I will eat there again and hope that the bugs are worked out. Every place opens and has to make adjustments. I would hate to see this place tank; afterall it took forever for them to open and the anticipation was moderate as I awaited the opportunity to dine there.
here in chatsworth

Summerville, GA

#18 Apr 13, 2012
as for some of the other reviews: there is never a way to please everyone. And everyone has different opinions, good and bad. I dont this the owner wrote a review; im sure the owner would rather know what the customers like and to make changes if needed.

as for my opinion: I do think for the way of the economy and for our small town, there needs to be a price for lunch-being less than the price for supper/dinner.

The food is great and the service is good.

One other thing that others may have not thought about yet:
We appreciate the opportunity for new jobs being brought here in murray county. Every little bit helps with our carpets shutting down and so many without jobs.
Good luck.
murray resident

Chatsworth, GA

#20 Apr 13, 2012
I Like saucy bones BBQ .. Price is decent food great .. I will try pork in beans out .. Didn't know they were finally open ..
wondering

United States

#22 Apr 14, 2012
knows murray county wrote:
If it's in murray county that alone tells me not to go.
not true We have wonderful Mexican restaurants in Murray. Also the new Frankies Place has wonderful food as well as the Creme Hut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remember Broadview Plaza? (Dec '14) 7 min Love Is The Answer 16
Friend, Lover? 32 min Dirk Diggler 12
Unity Church of the Mts -- heresy 1 hr The Bible is right 46
BRMEMC winter storm grade 1 hr Facts has semen eyes 27
News Kemp: "Murray County is my special interest group" Mon Skank Sinatra 2
looking to know Dec 10 Burnt Renolds 61
reward stolen Z52 encore zero turn mower Dec 10 Urnist Angley 8

Chatsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance