That dag nabbed super dollar store

Posted in the Chatsworth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Eton Resident

Sevierville, TN

#1 Jun 21, 2012
What all is going to be in there, I heard it was just going to sell watered down liqueur and cigarettes. We already have all the dollar stores we need in this here town. Waste of my dag nabbed tax dollars.
rick

Sevierville, TN

#2 Jun 21, 2012
they're also wasting your tax dollars by paying people like trenn carnes to write for the paper. my wife and i go to chattanooga to shop at the target. we spend our sales tax in the lovely state on tennessee where i was born and bred say thankya
Trenn

Sevierville, TN

#3 Jun 22, 2012
rick wrote:
they're also wasting your tax dollars by paying people like trenn carnes to write for the paper. my wife and i go to chattanooga to shop at the target. we spend our sales tax in the lovely state on tennessee where i was born and bred say thankya
I just let my h8rs be my motivators. Watch as I roll in all this money I'm making writing the sports.
rick

Sevierville, TN

#4 Jun 22, 2012
trenn go to bed. you got to be up in the morning kickin rocks down by the church and whatever you spend your days doing. we're talking about you not to you
Duhhh

Dalton, GA

#5 Jun 22, 2012
rick wrote:
That's just stupid, whatever the paper is paying him, it's not out of your tax dollars.
Vera

Bristol, TN

#6 Jun 22, 2012
Your tax dollars aren't building dollar stores. It will be a dollar store/grocery combo. Businesses arent built on government funding. Not even the dollar general.

Since: Aug 09

United States

#7 Jun 22, 2012
Dollar General Market I do believe. It's like a DG, but with more groceries. Might even have more than 1 cashier working at a time, but that's just optimism on my part.

Since: Jul 11

Chatsworth, GA

#8 Jun 22, 2012
it will open 2 or 3 more jobs, what is the problem any way. Eton is growing not Chatsworth
yeah but

Paris, TN

#9 Jun 22, 2012
eton having dollar stores isn't considered "growing" in my book... billy needs to find something else to come.. im tired of hearing "oh they are putting in another dollar store"....*rolls eyes*

United States

#10 Jun 22, 2012
yeah but wrote:
eton having dollar stores isn't considered "growing" in my book... billy needs to find something else to come.. im tired of hearing "oh they are putting in another dollar store"....*rolls eyes*
For a town the size of Eton, I'd say we're oversaturated with shopping options. With all things considered, Eton is growing at a healthy rate right now.
Concerned eton resident

Sevierville, TN

#11 Jun 22, 2012
Well I'd rater see a target or something go up rather than another dollar store. There is a liqueur store in front of the police station, 2 gas stations for cigarettes, and a super saver. What's the point?
wondering

United States

#12 Jun 22, 2012
Can' wait for it to open. If it wasn't neede they would not build it. You do not see any General or Family Dollar stores closing! Much research is done before one is built.
wondering

United States

#13 Jun 22, 2012
rick wrote:
Why don't you move there? Why did you leave your lovely state??

United States

#14 Jun 22, 2012
Concerned eton resident wrote:
Well I'd rater see a target or something go up rather than another dollar store. There is a liqueur store in front of the police station, 2 gas stations for cigarettes, and a super saver. What's the point?
Have you ever seen the suggested demographics for a Target? It'll NEVER happen in Eton, and it'll be at LEAST a decade for Target to consider Murray County in general.

If you really wanted prime real estate. That stretch of road from 286 to Central would be perfect, but no one is going to pay 1.5 million each for those 2 plots of land at 286/225.

I think people living in this county are a bit delusional at their current state of the economy in this and surrounding counties. Prices are WAY too inflated. Why do you think there's such a high unemployment rate? Workers here are underpaid, land is overpriced, and unemployment is high. It's a self fulfilling circle. New businesses can't come in because of the above reasons, and the above problems will not be solved without new businesses.
rick

Sevierville, TN

#15 Jun 22, 2012
what do you know about real estate? last time i checked you weren't informed on all the ins and outs of the government. the government controls everything. thats just the way it is. I'll tell you what we need in the beautiful city of eton, a target.
rick

Sevierville, TN

#16 Jun 22, 2012
I left my lovely state because my son is in the military and he knows just about everything to know about this country's government and you need to go back to yankeeville where you belong.
rick

Sevierville, TN

#17 Jun 22, 2012
TheSmartGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen the suggested demographics for a Target? It'll NEVER happen in Eton, and it'll be at LEAST a decade for Target to consider Murray County in general.
If you really wanted prime real estate. That stretch of road from 286 to Central would be perfect, but no one is going to pay 1.5 million each for those 2 plots of land at 286/225.
I think people living in this county are a bit delusional at their current state of the economy in this and surrounding counties. Prices are WAY too inflated. Why do you think there's such a high unemployment rate? Workers here are underpaid, land is overpriced, and unemployment is high. It's a self fulfilling circle. New businesses can't come in because of the above reasons, and the above problems will not be solved without new businesses.
have you ever seen the demographics for pot smoking hippies like yourself? you go around acting like you're all educated but any one can look up stuff on the google. this is about real problems and real tax dollars being spent on dollar stores that people don't need.
Concerned Eton Resident

Sevierville, TN

#18 Jun 22, 2012
TheSmartGuy wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever seen the suggested demographics for a Target? It'll NEVER happen in Eton, and it'll be at LEAST a decade for Target to consider Murray County in general.

No I have better things to do than look up demographics for target all day. I am already aware of it being large. Why couldn't they build a mini target, they can make a oversized dollar store. If your such a smart guy tell me that.

United States

#19 Jun 22, 2012
Concerned Eton Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
No I have better things to do than look up demographics for target all day. I am already aware of it being large. Why couldn't they build a mini target, they can make a oversized dollar store. If your such a smart guy tell me that.
There's no such thing as a mini Target. There is Target, and SuperTarget. If you want them to change their business model to make a MiniTarget.

Also, it doesn't take all day to a search. It takes about 10 seconds, unless of course you're a slow reader. Then it takes all of 20 seconds. Can you spare 20 seconds out of your busy life to search for it? I'm guessing you can, you just spent at least that reading this stupid diatribe I just posted.

United States

#20 Jun 22, 2012
rick wrote:
<quoted text>
you go around acting like you're all educated but any one can look up stuff on the google.
Then do so, and eliminate the need for me to present facts, troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know how to get in touch with (Sep '09) 1 hr wants to know 45
Jesse Welch and maxima 2 hr shutup 5
Traci Rankin trashes Maria B. 5 hr NMHS 1
Women bosses only best friends are employees Mar 29 HOGHELPER 33
Rd block Central Mar 28 Inform 1
New Murray Boys BBall Coach Mar 28 doo 31
Chicken Little Mar 28 chicken man 1
Chatsworth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web