MCHS does NOT want to play North Murr...
concerned

Jasper, GA

#41 May 22, 2009
i think there is to much concern for sports wht dont we put more into education instead and what about the kids that dont want to go to north murray and go to the other school as it is refered to they should have the choice this new school is going to divide alot of friendships and cause alot of rivalries all this just to lower numbersto play in a lower district in which we will still be lucky to be competive in anyway
TheSmartGuy

Simpsonville, SC

#42 May 22, 2009
concerned wrote:
i think there is to much concern for sports wht dont we put more into education instead and what about the kids that dont want to go to north murray and go to the other school as it is refered to they should have the choice this new school is going to divide alot of friendships and cause alot of rivalries all this just to lower numbersto play in a lower district in which we will still be lucky to be competive in anyway
After reading this, I have to agree that we need more funding for English classes. Run on sentences make my eyes bleed.
Plummer Joe

Dalton, GA

#43 May 22, 2009
Education is not left on the "back burner". Sports is something that entertains us all although the community hasn't been as supportive these last few years as years past. Nothing makes these kid's feel better than having community support especially when they have a good season. Sports teach kid's commitment,leadership,respect, hard work,dependability. Kid's have different tallents,where yours may do better academically, mine is a athlete or his an Artist or hers a band major they all deserve a pat on th back. Name a town in America that doesn't acknowledge their sport's team. You talk about rivalries,thats part of the excitement of it all and nothing wrong with that. Don't think so negative it's all in fun. As for dividing alot of friendships,hows that? Your in Murray county and if a kid thinks that way about a fellow peer then he wasn't your friend to begin with. It's my understanding the kid's do have a choice right now,don't know for how long, on which high school to attend. Stay positive as parent's and a community and our kid's will stay positive. Go NMHS and MCHS!!!
Arnold

Redmond, WA

#44 May 22, 2009
Joe-you are smarter than most guys who wear a thong.
Plummer Joe

Dalton, GA

#45 May 22, 2009
Does that mean you consider me smarter than you then? HaHa!
former coach

Ringgold, GA

#46 May 22, 2009
Plummer Joe, what sport or sports does your child play at Bagley, just curious ?
Delmar

Redmond, WA

#47 May 22, 2009
Plummer Joe wrote:
Does that mean you consider me smarter than you then? HaHa!
No!
Dana

Dalton, GA

#48 May 22, 2009
former coach wrote:
Plummer Joe, what sport or sports does your child play at Bagley, just curious ?
Football,wrestling and track
Plummer Joe

Dalton, GA

#49 May 22, 2009
Didn't mean to reply to that under "Dana" Coach. My nephew was using my laptop earlier and I forgot to change back to my name. He likes getting on the "most popular" forums.
Out There

Warner Robins, GA

#50 May 22, 2009
Oh Plummer Joe - to find out you are Dana is disappointing. Not everyone got a choice on where to attend. The only ones that got to make a choice were the same ones that coincidentally Dr Bradley did NOT want at Gladden. Hard to understand why in middle school she wanted academic success and now in high school she seems to be leaning toward athletic success.
Delmar

Redmond, WA

#51 May 22, 2009
Out There wrote:
Oh Plummer Joe - to find out you are Dana is disappointing. Not everyone got a choice on where to attend. The only ones that got to make a choice were the same ones that coincidentally Dr Bradley did NOT want at Gladden. Hard to understand why in middle school she wanted academic success and now in high school she seems to be leaning toward athletic success.
I must admit that to find out your drag name is Dana is very disappointing to me as well.
Bubba

Summerville, GA

#52 May 22, 2009
You are right! Many of these kids might be able to compete at varsity level next year but wont be able to. I think these kids are unaware of this and think they are eligible. The parents and kids think also that saying you changed your address is going to be enough. However, if turned in, GHSA will investigate.
injunjoe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what any coach's intent was. I had just heard it was originalyy scheduled as a freshmen game. The students I am talking about being ineligible are the sophomores that started out attending MCHS who are districted to stay @ Murray but are choosing to go to NMHS. These students are ineligible for VARSITY sports per GHSA. Now if all they do is play in JV games next year then they will be fine. There are several people who are all upset about this and saying I am wrong, but if it involves their kids they need to do the checking and they will find out I am right. GHSA.net
Murray Citizen

Maryville, TN

#53 May 22, 2009
GHSA can only sanction a player from a varsity sport for one year. If they are in wrestling, cross country, or tennis then they would be affected by this, since these are the only varsity sports at NMHS next year. The other sports are only competing at the JV level.
Out There

Warner Robins, GA

#54 May 22, 2009
Josh Lowe is out telling that part of their football games are varsity games - North Murray is also saying that th game against Murray is a varsity games although it is listed as JV game with GHSA. Not sure where the truth lies although I would say it lies far from Lowe!
Murray Citizen

Maryville, TN

#55 May 22, 2009
They are playing a full JV schedule.
Mazey Dazey

Warner Robins, GA

#56 May 22, 2009
Counting the scrimmage game according to GA prepcountry.com the there will be 5 varsity matchups:

North Murray Mountaineers
Football
1004 Green Road
Chatsworth,GA 30705
Map to School
2009 Region: 6A-AAA School Links

Team Information Statistical Information
Head Coach: Larry Cornelius
Team Colors: Black and Gold Overall Record: 0-0, 0.000
Region Record: 0-0, 0.000

Date Day Time Opponent Location/Score
Aug 21 Fri 7:30 PM Heritage, Catoosa (6-AAA) Away-(Scrimmage)
Aug 27 Thu 5:30 PM Murray County-JV (7A-AAAA) Home
Sep 05 Sat 7:30 PM Dade County-JV (7B-AA) Home
Sep 11 Fri 7:30 PM River Ridge (5-A) Home
Sep 15 Tue 5:30 PM Southeast Whitfield-JV (6A-AAA) Home
Sep 22 Tue 5:30 PM Gilmer-JV (7A-AAA) Away
Oct 02 Fri 7:30 PM Locust Grove (4-AAA) Home
Oct 08 Thu 7:00 PM Cherokee-JV (5-AAAAA) Away
Oct 15 Thu 5:30 PM Gordon Central-JV (7B-AA) Home
Oct 23 Fri 7:30 PM Locust Grove (4-AAA) Away
Nov 06 Fri 7:30 PM River Ridge (5-A) Away

I think these Friday games are Varsity
Plummer Joe

Dalton, GA

#57 May 23, 2009
Out There wrote:
LOL,actually my name is Tim. My nephew is Dana.
I was talking about high school kid's that are at Murray Co. high right now.
Plummer Joe

Dalton, GA

#58 May 23, 2009
Delmar wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit that to find out your drag name is Dana is very disappointing to me as well.
I should of known you'd have a comment to make. Dana is a male or female name. My nephew pronounces his like "Dan-na".
Murray Citizen

Maryville, TN

#59 May 23, 2009
The Friday games are against two new schools that are in the same situation as the Mountaineers. They are JV games also. The scrimmage is against a varsity team, but of course scrimmages don't count.
Delmar

Redmond, WA

#60 May 23, 2009
Plummer Joe wrote:
<quoted text>I should of known you'd have a comment to make. Dana is a male or female name. My nephew pronounces his like "Dan-na".
Ok-I just found out your drag name is Saha Fontana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
our judge in murray county 1 hr Shasta Eubanks 7
2 BBQ restaurants in Chatsworth 1 hr dole hardgraves 12
Do you shop at Muslum owned ABC stores? 13 hr Chief 24
Any places for rent in Bagley school district? 16 hr Househunter 1
Dana Tate trial date Tue Summer16 2
Most Haunted Places in Chatsworth?? (Jan '15) Jun 27 Shazbod Dagoogoo 21
Wagon Train Jun 27 Jr Tramples 2

Chatsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance