HereWeGo

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Josh Greeson has been fired for false statements made to the GBI.
wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

August 29 2012, 03:05 PM EDT

Deputy Fired in Murray County Investigation
Murray County Sheriff Howard Ensley said he has fired the deputy accused of planting drugs on a woman's car. Before she was charged, the woman, Angela Garmley, had filed a complaint against Murray County magistrate judge Bryant Cochran who ultimately resigned from office.

Sheriff Ensley tells NewsChannel 9 he has fired Dep. Josh Greeson (pictured), who arrested Garmley Aug. 14. Ensley said that Greeson's supervisor, Capt. Michael Henderson, remains suspended. The sheriff said according to county personnel policy, he must wait until Friday before he can take action regarding Capt. Henderson. Henderson is the cousin of former magistrate judge Cochran, who was accused by Garmley of sexual improprieties.

Ensley said the district attorney and the GBI determined both officers gave false statements during the investigation. The sheriff said, "This is a sad day."

Cochran resigned following the charges by Garmley that he made sexual overtures to her when she came before him as a defendant. He said however that he only stepped down because of improprieties over pre-signed warrants. Shortly after Garmley filed the charges, she was charged with possession of methamphetamine. Since then the GBI said the drugs were planted and the charges were dismissed.
Mojo

Trion, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!
believable

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

My next question would be, if the police planted the dope on Ms. Garmley... and I tend to believe that they did, where did the "POLICE" get the dope????
Haha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

The drugs would have come from the sheriffs dept. from a bust maybe. Just wonder what other elected officials are going to ousted! Seems like the ones that has been there for a while are all turning out to be dirty. Wouldn't surprise me if they got their orders to do so from the sheriff himself!
scared citizen

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

wondering wrote:
August 29 2012, 03:05 PM EDT
Deputy Fired in Murray County Investigation
Murray County Sheriff Howard Ensley said he has fired the deputy accused of planting drugs on a woman's car. Before she was charged, the woman, Angela Garmley, had filed a complaint against Murray County magistrate judge Bryant Cochran who ultimately resigned from office.
Sheriff Ensley tells NewsChannel 9 he has fired Dep. Josh Greeson (pictured), who arrested Garmley Aug. 14. Ensley said that Greeson's supervisor, Capt. Michael Henderson, remains suspended. The sheriff said according to county personnel policy, he must wait until Friday before he can take action regarding Capt. Henderson. Henderson is the cousin of former magistrate judge Cochran, who was accused by Garmley of sexual improprieties.
Ensley said the district attorney and the GBI determined both officers gave false statements during the investigation. The sheriff said, "This is a sad day."
Cochran resigned following the charges by Garmley that he made sexual overtures to her when she came before him as a defendant. He said however that he only stepped down because of improprieties over pre-signed warrants. Shortly after Garmley filed the charges, she was charged with possession of methamphetamine. Since then the GBI said the drugs were planted and the charges were dismissed.
Wonder what else is going to come out. It may be a sad day for a lot more. Sounds funny and suspicious to me. Probably a good thing ensley went ahead and done this
dept josh greeson

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

Do u not think he is not going to squeal like a pig. Wondering what all he knows and what he will tell. Good grief you know he is madder than Hades.
Chatsworth surely not

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

believable wrote:
My next question would be, if the police planted the dope on Ms. Garmley... and I tend to believe that they did, where did the "POLICE" get the dope????
That's exactly right. I am sure everyone is going to be surprised. That is the reason I believe certain ones are crooked. Very very crooked. One in particular.
Brenda Brown

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

Why is it that a small town like Chatsworth can not have a decent law enfoecement agency? I think they all need to be replaced especially the Sheriff! You will never make me believe that Ensley did not know what was going on in his department. Maybe the sheriff should pay more attention to his immediate family. JUST SAYIN!!!
Average Citizen

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

So...When J.Greeson had posession of the drugs and he was riding around and he was holding illegal drugs and was getting ready to plant...
Did he have posession of illegal drugs?...and shouldnt he be charged/convicted of drug charges??

Where did they come from?..Police evidence room?
wouldnt that be burglary/theft?

Disgrace..an absolute disgrace to our Shrff Dept.
what

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

Brenda Brown wrote:
Why is it that a small town like Chatsworth can not have a decent law enfoecement agency? I think they all need to be replaced especially the Sheriff! You will never make me believe that Ensley did not know what was going on in his department. Maybe the sheriff should pay more attention to his immediate family. JUST SAYIN!!!
EXACTLY. That is what everyone is thinking in MURRAY. Everyone has always known he is crooked. The druggies seem to want to take up for him all of the time. WONDER WHY.
what

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Average Citizen wrote:
So...When J.Greeson had posession of the drugs and he was riding around and he was holding illegal drugs and was getting ready to plant...
Did he have posession of illegal drugs?...and shouldnt he be charged/convicted of drug charges??
Where did they come from?..Police evidence room?
wouldnt that be burglary/theft?
Disgrace..an absolute disgrace to our Shrff Dept.
Isn't it funny that he knew to speak up when he did?
outraged

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

it is increasing apparent that the corruption runs deep. think about this, the deputies have presiged warrants, they have drugs to plant on people, you have a captain who happens to be cochrans cousin, jerry scott and the gbi needs to file charges and arrest these criminals,it is adding up that the courts, all thelaw enforcement of murray couny should be investigated and mr hogan should suspend any taxpayer money to contimue to support these people when you cut off the money peope will start talking priod
outraged

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

how many peoples lives have these criminals destroyed and yet they are walking free and are so corrupt and more evil than the people they have arrested and treated like dogs in the county jail. time to settle up ensley. you have acted like you are the above the law so long but your time is coming
wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it funny that he knew to speak up when he did?
Who do you mean spoke up?
what

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

All of the druggie ENSLEY lovers are going to be so very depressed when he goes down too. This old backward town is so disgusting and fake.
Robert

Ooltewah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

believable wrote:
MY question is how many officers/detectives may have done the same thing to how many other people and how long its been going on?
Susan

Ooltewah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

Brenda Brown wrote:
Oh yeah! Ensley will fire everybody in his department to try and make the voters believe that he's a by the book good guy. If it hadn't been made public he wouldn't fire anybody. Just look at eton and what they got by with even AFTER the gbi investigated, not to mention both city clerks going to jail. It all comes down to the ones at the top. Get rid of Ensley, the mayors and city councils of this county and hopefully get some decent people in!
IDIOTS

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

This little itty itty itty bitty idiot town. What a go stupid MURRAY.
canthandlethetru th

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

The man in charge needs to be shown the door. If he didnt know about this what else does he "not know".....he knew. Every office in state and federal should be no more than 8 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of222
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Chatsworth Forum right now

Search the Chatsworth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min Churlish Truths 47,897
High School 1959 vs 2009 1 hr max 1
Decoy for satan 1 hr bsureofit 3
Bryant Cochran Indicted 1 hr bsureofit 123
Global cooling is real 4 hr Bailey 28
Stupid Teenage Mothers 11 hr Jerry 16
For Hire Sexy Decoy 11 hr Jerry 11
•••
•••

Chatsworth News Video

•••
•••

Chatsworth Jobs