Murray medical center
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
something postive

Doerun, GA

#1 Aug 29, 2012
I will have to say that I am very pleased with the hospital since the county took it over it is such a pleasant experience from the time you walk in the only negative thing I can find is we need someone we can talk to about our bills.
doo

Doerun, GA

#2 Aug 29, 2012
I agree with everything except I have tried many times to get Mr Townsend to call me back with no luck.
insman

Bristol, TN

#3 Aug 30, 2012
My experience with our hospital has been nothing but excellent. Triage, ER, Ems, nursing staff and any of those that I delt with were professional, courteous and considerate. I'm proud of uor small hometown hospital. I look for it to get even better.
TalkNotAlwaysChe ap

Chatsworth, GA

#4 Sep 5, 2012
I would still drive minutes away to Hamilton Medical where they are miles ahead in their ability to care for patients. Murray ER and Murray EMS are "helicopter happy" and love to call one in any chance they get. Half of the time the patient is released within 24 hrs, Erlanger ER Physician comments to family as to why they were flown and receives a bill for a $16,000 life threatening flight that insurance won't touch. Our surrounding counties together do not fly as many patients as Murray County!!!
Brenda

Pigeon Forge, TN

#5 Sep 5, 2012
I wouldn't take my dog to Murray Medical! The wait time in the E.R. is absolutely ridiculous! It took five hours to get my sons head sewed up when he had an accident. Then it was four hours when my grandson had a sudden drop in blood pressure and laid in the seats waiting on them. No one should have to wait that long for medical care, especially children. There was only two or three people in the waiting room both times. And don't give me "priority" crap. They need to have more doctors there to take care of people or shut the doors.
actually

Ringgold, GA

#6 Sep 5, 2012
TalkNotAlwaysCheap wrote:
I would still drive minutes away to Hamilton Medical where they are miles ahead in their ability to care for patients. Murray ER and Murray EMS are "helicopter happy" and love to call one in any chance they get. Half of the time the patient is released within 24 hrs, Erlanger ER Physician comments to family as to why they were flown and receives a bill for a $16,000 life threatening flight that insurance won't touch. Our surrounding counties together do not fly as many patients as Murray County!!!
There are actually many things to be considered when regarding ground transport or air transport for a patient. Just because a patient is released doesn't always mean that time wasn't a major factor in the inital incident. When any hospital or EMS uses a helicopter, they loose money so I wouldn't assume they are just "helicopter happy". If you're on ball ground road and you're having a stroke, you have a limited time for treatment. HMC will likely transfer you to Erlanger anyway and there goes you're 3 hour window from the ONSET of the stroke, not the time you call 911 or take you're family member to the ER. Yes, it's probably expensive and may not always be nessasary but if you or your family were flown you can be assured the decision was made to better help you. Resources and distance play a role. It's not really fair to judge the competence level based on that. Many of the EMS workers at Murray also work EMS at Hamilton and in the ER at both places. So you could be getting the same care from the same people, just a different location.

United States

#7 Sep 5, 2012
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
There are actually many things to be considered when regarding ground transport or air transport for a patient. Just because a patient is released doesn't always mean that time wasn't a major factor in the inital incident. When any hospital or EMS uses a helicopter, they loose money so I wouldn't assume they are just "helicopter happy". If you're on ball ground road and you're having a stroke, you have a limited time for treatment. HMC will likely transfer you to Erlanger anyway and there goes you're 3 hour window from the ONSET of the stroke, not the time you call 911 or take you're family member to the ER. Yes, it's probably expensive and may not always be nessasary but if you or your family were flown you can be assured the decision was made to better help you. Resources and distance play a role. It's not really fair to judge the competence level based on that. Many of the EMS workers at Murray also work EMS at Hamilton and in the ER at both places. So you could be getting the same care from the same people, just a different location.
Impressive.
Cinderella

Chatsworth, GA

#8 Sep 6, 2012
That is your choice....why don't you call another service like Gordon EMS or Whitfield EMS when you need emergency medical assistance, since you are not very educated about about medicine it won't matter if it takes a 45 minute response time for them to pick you up! I thank God for our hospital and Emergency Medical Service, they have saved many many lives that would have been lost on the roadways to Dalton. If it is my life or my families life, I trust their decision to fly me by helicopter. The flight medics are trained to know when the needs of their patient is better suited by a Trauma Hospital such as Erlanger. Sure it is expensive, but you are there in 10 minutes. I can not put a price on the lives of my family. Sad that you obviously can.
Whatever

Chatsworth, GA

#9 Sep 6, 2012
Brenda wrote:
I wouldn't take my dog to Murray Medical! The wait time in the E.R. is absolutely ridiculous! It took five hours to get my sons head sewed up when he had an accident. Then it was four hours when my grandson had a sudden drop in blood pressure and laid in the seats waiting on them. No one should have to wait that long for medical care, especially children. There was only two or three people in the waiting room both times. And don't give me "priority" crap. They need to have more doctors there to take care of people or shut the doors.

Brenda, take your emergency to Hamilton. You have a choice! Last time I was at Hamilton was with my mother-in-law having stroke. We were in the E.R. six hours, two hours passed before before we saw a doctor. So what gives....we were there during a drive by shooting..so there is your "priority" crap alive at Hamilton too. They are like turtles at Hamilton and they have more doctors!
TalkNotAlwaysChe ap

Doerun, GA

#10 Sep 6, 2012
Be there in 10 minutes????? It takes a helicopter 20 minutes to arrive and then on scene time and then another 20 minutes to Erlanger. You could be to Hamilton in 15 minutes or less if you are going "code 3". From my understanding, ground crews call in a helicopter and the "flight medics" do not make the decision to fly a patient or not. They will take them regardless, it's a guaranteed flight for them. I have nothing against "a life threatening flight" Just those that are flown un-necessarily!!!!!!
Brenda

Pigeon Forge, TN

#11 Sep 6, 2012
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Brenda, take your emergency to Hamilton. You have a choice! Last time I was at Hamilton was with my mother-in-law having stroke. We were in the E.R. six hours, two hours passed before before we saw a doctor. So what gives....we were there during a drive by shooting..so there is your "priority" crap alive at Hamilton too. They are like turtles at Hamilton and they have more doctors!
Well thank you for your permission..not! A drive by shooting would be priority genius. Nothing was going on at Murray both times we sat there for hours. If you sat there for two hours while she was having a stroke then somebody needs to boot you in the a** for not doing something besides sitting there. Glad your not my relative!
little criket

Dalton, GA

#12 Sep 7, 2012
If you had a true emergency would you not want to be at a hospital that knew what they were doing??? If I was having a heart attack I sure would.nt be at MMC !
billybob

Dalton, GA

#13 Sep 7, 2012
no they let them die
full of crap

Sycamore, GA

#15 Sep 7, 2012
if it was not for Murray flying my loved one out they would have died this is what they said when we got to the hospital so say what you want but let you family need help and you will change your mind.
Just Me

United States

#16 Sep 7, 2012
Don't go to Gordon Hospital, just as bad or worst !!!!!
actually

Ringgold, GA

#17 Sep 7, 2012
Be there in 10 minutes????? It takes a helicopter 20 minutes to arrive and then on scene time and then another 20 minutes to Erlanger. You could be to Hamilton in 15 minutes or less if you are going "code 3". From my understanding, ground crews call in a helicopter and the "flight medics" do not make the decision to fly a patient or not. They will take them regardless, it's a guaranteed flight for them. I have nothing against "a life threatening flight" Just those that are flown un-necessarily!!!!!!
This is not a question to start an argument but I'm just curious as to the illness/injury that the patients you are referring to had. You are correct that the flight crews don't make that decision but at the same time as I had said previously if you or someone you know were flown, it wasn't because people didn't want or know how to do their job. Some of the medics on the helicopters ALSO work for the same EMS service you are calling helicopter happy and work in ther ER at both hospitals. If you have an issue with the decision that was made on your or your families behalf, why not speak with someone about it rather than publicly bash the hospital and EMS service. You are obviously someone that is either friends with or you work with these people by some of your terminology that the lay person doesn't use. If that is the case, you know if the helicopter is at its base in Calhoun it can be here in 10 mins and the flight to Erlanger is 12 mins depending on weather.
luv that Lortab

Calhoun, GA

#18 Sep 7, 2012
Just Me wrote:
Don't go to Gordon Hospital, just as bad or worst !!!!!
You poor baby.Didn't the ER doctor give you your drug of choice? That big meanie!
Really

United States

#19 Sep 8, 2012
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Doug
actually

Ringgold, GA

#20 Sep 9, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Well said Doug
Sorry, but this isn't Doug. I don't think our supervisors or administrators can post on these sites.
Stacey

United States

#21 Sep 15, 2012
I love the pca pump that I ALWAYS GET AT ERLANGER,DAM I NEVER GET THE HELI- COP RIDE THOUGH........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 16 min FireFellow44 158
Assistant coach 23 min spoiled 10
Will Trump turn Gay when he goes to prison? 33 min God Save America 28
Married Men In Blairsville Having Gay Sex In Re... (Jun '09) 34 min Lindsey Graham 25
Climate Change Wed Nardel 1
Darren Stone Jan 15 doo 3
Jason Ridley Jan 15 doo 6

Chatsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chatsworth Mortgages