What do you tell people when they fin...

What do you tell people when they find out you're from Murray County?

Posted in the Chatsworth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Filbert

San Antonio, TX

#1 Dec 8, 2012
Do you lie about it,make up excuses or what?

“Here for the Lulz...”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 8, 2012
Filbert wrote:
Do you lie about it,make up excuses or what?
I love Murray county. Their are some decent people that call this place home. i never lie about where i am from. If they have a puzzeld look i just tell them it is next to Dalton GA.
Murray Citizen

Ringgold, GA

#3 Dec 8, 2012
No reason to lie or make up excuses. I am who I am and happen to live in Murray County. People from Murray County who have a bad reputation...that is a reflection upon them, not me. If people who ask don't realize that, then it is THEIR intelligene that should be questioned.
cupocopra

Chatsworth, GA

#4 Dec 8, 2012
I tell them, thank God I am not from Whitfield County!
butterfly65

Summerville, GA

#5 Dec 8, 2012
If your so ashamed of living in Murray County leave, we won't miss you.
Filbert

United States

#6 Dec 9, 2012
I already have-thank God.
meagan

Birmingham, AL

#8 Dec 9, 2012
I tell them my parents conceived me in a more intelligent county
Jim Bob

Dalton, GA

#9 Dec 9, 2012
I bow down and kiss the feet of all higher beings from other counties. Especially those from that super intelligent, illegal immigrant overcrowded place they call.....Dalton. These places are on an entirely different level than us......they even have a Wal-Mart! I mean.....who can compete with their schools or athletic teams, and all the bankruptcy filing upperclass folks. I just don't see the lowly folks of Murray county ever being able to compete with these folks on a daily basis.

BTW, I'm proud to be from here. I wouldn't trade my mountains, Mickey Mouse crime rate, and down to earth neighbors for anything the surrounding places offer. Very few places left around here that isn't slowly being urbanized and taking the residential areas to the toilet with it.
silverado

United States

#10 Dec 9, 2012
I tell them I was born elsewhere and moved here so I could be the smartest one in this county.
Murray Citizen

Ringgold, GA

#11 Dec 9, 2012
Filbert wrote:
I already have-thank God.
Oooh big move...Kingsport TN! I mean, who could blame him? With the media and society magazines applauding the rich culture and society of....where?(I think that was some unheard of place called Kingsport TN)
Funny how they can't get away from Murray County fast enough, but when they get to these wonderful places full of interesting people and things to do, they can't seem to find anything better to do than to visit the Chatsworth topix board!
Wouldn't your time be better spend visiting that awesome new restaurant or movie theater or the Wal-Mart just down the road???Or those new cultural neighbors of yours?
Murray Citizen

Ringgold, GA

#12 Dec 9, 2012
silverado wrote:
I tell them I was born elsewhere and moved here so I could be the smartest one in this county.
Oh well, better luck on your next move!
Far and Away

Dalton, GA

#13 Dec 9, 2012
If you are not happy here then move on. I am proud to be from here and choose to live here. It is a wonderful community full of people who care about each other and what goes on in our community. It is not a perfect place but nowhere is. Our neighbors care about each other and as a whole we are good people.

We are judged on the actions of a few and not the majority. I would say move on "oh sad and discontent one" and we will miss you when you are gone! Plenty of homes and apartments across the county lines. Safe travel....
silverado

Warner Robins, GA

#14 Dec 9, 2012
Murray Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh well, better luck on your next move!
I won't be moving again. I have succeeded on the last move here.
I wonder

Ringgold, GA

#15 Dec 9, 2012
Jim Bob wrote:
I bow down and kiss the feet of all higher beings from other counties. Especially those from that super intelligent, illegal immigrant overcrowded place they call.....Dalton. These places are on an entirely different level than us......they even have a Wal-Mart! I mean.....who can compete with their schools or athletic teams, and all the bankruptcy filing upperclass folks. I just don't see the lowly folks of Murray county ever being able to compete with these folks on a daily basis.
BTW, I'm proud to be from here. I wouldn't trade my mountains, Mickey Mouse crime rate, and down to earth neighbors for anything the surrounding places offer. Very few places left around here that isn't slowly being urbanized and taking the residential areas to the toilet with it.
'Jim Bob', your post is so very good!!!!
No one has,or could,say it any better than you just did!!!!
I'd stand proud along with you.
I might like to see SOME folks movin' on,but I still love my home town!!
WAY TO GO,JIM BOB!!!!
Murray Citizen

Ringgold, GA

#16 Dec 9, 2012
silverado wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be moving again. I have succeeded on the last move here.
A legend in your own MIND, eh?
silverado

Warner Robins, GA

#17 Dec 10, 2012
Murray Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>A legend in your own MIND, eh?
It is not hard to be smarter than you. A third grader is smarter than you.
Missin my pals

London, KY

#18 Dec 10, 2012
I lived in Murray Co. For almost 20yrs. Loved it and loved most of the people. There are some wonderful people in the county and I miss my true friends.
Jim Bob

Dalton, GA

#19 Dec 10, 2012
I wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
'Jim Bob', your post is so very good!!!!
No one has,or could,say it any better than you just did!!!!
I'd stand proud along with you.
I might like to see SOME folks movin' on,but I still love my home town!!
WAY TO GO,JIM BOB!!!!
Thank you! I'm actually quite cultured. I've been on business and and misc trips to over 70 different cities (not counting around here) and townships, many were very nice. But I can say I would rather live here than any of them.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#20 Dec 10, 2012
I tell them how proud I am for being from here!!! Greatest place in the world to raise a family in my opinion.
I wonder

Ringgold, GA

#21 Dec 10, 2012
Jim Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! I'm actually quite cultured. I've been on business and and misc trips to over 70 different cities (not counting around here) and townships, many were very nice. But I can say I would rather live here than any of them.
You're quite welcome.
There's nowhere I had rather live either.
Southern born,
southern bred,
southern till the day I'm dead.
No offence intended to anyone who isn't,
that's just my way of expressing southern pride.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 min SL 21,336
massage parlor in Blue Ridge 1 hr Al Gore 1
Where's Timmy ? 1 hr MMAFIGHTER 33
Trump 2020 1 hr Ha ha 7
Larry Vincent Georgia Power 2 hr Why 4
Bojangles' & captain D's (Dec '10) 6 hr There are other p... 45
Searching for maleika or malika 7 hr Fmerunning 25

Chatsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chatsworth Mortgages