Jail will open with ticket revenue

Posted in the Chatsworth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Me

United States

#1 Jan 26, 2013
In case you haven't noticed, MCSO has been pulling people over left and right, going 8 miles over the speed limit, changing lanes without a blinker, not coming to a full stop at a 4 way..They have radar now!!! So you and your granny better be careful, they are taking notes and taking names!!! Go Gary Langford!!! Get those "criminals" and get that jail open!!!!
LEO

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Your comments are ignorant. The fact of the matter is that there are requirements to operating RADAR. The training period that law enforcement must go through in order to run RADAR takes longer than the new sheriff has been in office. There are also other limitations but I will not post them on this forum. It seems that you are not willing to give the newly ELECTED sheriff a chance to succeed. I am personally delighted to see plans to open the jail addition. After all he accomplished in less than one month what the previous administration could not do in three years.
Hmmm

Chatsworth, GA

#3 Jan 27, 2013
LEO wrote:
Your comments are ignorant. The fact of the matter is that there are requirements to operating RADAR. The training period that law enforcement must go through in order to run RADAR takes longer than the new sheriff has been in office. There are also other limitations but I will not post them on this forum. It seems that you are not willing to give the newly ELECTED sheriff a chance to succeed. I am personally delighted to see plans to open the jail addition. After all he accomplished in less than one month what the previous administration could not do in three years.
X2 !!!!!
1unhappycamper

Jasper, GA

#4 Jan 27, 2013
They have had radar-trained deputies for a while. I don't know how much they used them under the previous administration, but I suspect that they will be used a lot more now. I don't have a problem with enforcement, but if constitutional rights are violated...that's a different story.
earl weaver

Lexington, TN

#5 Jan 27, 2013
The Sheriff's Department is now being run by former State Patrol Officers.The only thing they know is writing tickets and harassing the Citizens. They don't know any other way to operate.
One of the main reasons Howard Ensley stayed in office for 24 years is because his Department didn't write tickets unless they had no other choice.
Langford is making a very bad mistake by taking money out of taxpayers pockets for chickenshit traffic tickets. Every ticker they write will cost him 5 or 6 votes. Just ask Ray Swanson what writing tickets and aggravating people with State Patrol type tactics will get you. "Out of Office".
RESIDENT

United States

#6 Jan 27, 2013
earl weaver wrote:
The Sheriff's Department is now being run by former State Patrol Officers.The only thing they know is writing tickets and harassing the Citizens. They don't know any other way to operate.
One of the main reasons Howard Ensley stayed in office for 24 years is because his Department didn't write tickets unless they had no other choice.
Langford is making a very bad mistake by taking money out of taxpayers pockets for chickenshit traffic tickets. Every ticker they write will cost him 5 or 6 votes. Just ask Ray Swanson what writing tickets and aggravating people with State Patrol type tactics will get you. "Out of Office".
There are speed limits for a reason. If you do not want a ticket then do not speed.
Hmmm

Chatsworth, GA

#7 Jan 27, 2013
earl weaver wrote:
Langford is making a very bad mistake by taking money out of taxpayers pockets for chickenshit traffic tickets.
1- YEP, DO NOTHING GOOD OLE BOY STYLE POLITICS ...ROTTEN, ROTTEN,
I am proud to finally see someone that is fair and interested in doing his job

2-THEN OBEY THE LAW, YOU CANNOT CONTINUE TO LET THINGS RUN WILD
i disagree

Chatsworth, GA

#8 Jan 27, 2013
earl weaver wrote:
I dont think that do nothing law enforcement has been a good policy.
Thats why we have out of control drug problems and out of shape cops.

I say if the law is broken.then laws should be enforced.
Mrs MD

United States

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Which MCSO cops are out of shape??? From what I've seen they all look pretty fit!!
Eton

Ringgold, GA

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Mrs MD wrote:
Which MCSO cops are out of shape??? From what I've seen they all look pretty fit!!
good one!!!!!(All)
earl weaver

Lexington, TN

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Mrs MD wrote:
I don't guess you have seen the Sheriff.
We'll see how cheerful this bunch is when someone in their family gets a ticket from the new Gestapo.
Just a Thought 2

Chatsworth, GA

#12 Jan 27, 2013
I am happy to see more of a police presence in Murray County. Sure, they may be writing tickets for reasons you think are crazy, but breaking the law is breaking the law, and maybe with more of a police presence, those that are breaking major laws will think twice. Have you ever thought this might be part of his plan to fight crime? If a criminal who is carrying drugs on his person sees more police officers out and about he might think twice...

Just a thought :-p
Mrs MD

United States

#13 Jan 28, 2013
Hey Earl, I like that one!! Gary Gestapo...LOL, but I wasn't referring to the sheriff as being fit, I was thinking Cagle, Amos, Ridley...and the officer on the front page of DCN all look to be physically fit. I think the officers should meet physical requirements, look at the Dalton Fire Dept for example!!! In todays world obesity is an epidemic so let's set a good example Murray Co, hit the gym!! We will see at the Open House!:)
DAN

Dalton, GA

#14 Jan 28, 2013
Just a Thought 2 wrote:
I am happy to see more of a police presence in Murray County. Sure, they may be writing tickets for reasons you think are crazy, but breaking the law is breaking the law, and maybe with more of a police presence, those that are breaking major laws will think twice. Have you ever thought this might be part of his plan to fight crime? If a criminal who is carrying drugs on his person sees more police officers out and about he might think twice...
Just a thought :-p
That's really a very good one,crime in Murray County is about like Mayberry and dupties remind me of Barney,we will be keeping account of all of the criminal arrest in the near future and you can forget about drugs as all of the lawenforcement still has to eat reguardless of who is sheriff.You can arrest everyone going over 5 miles a hr. and call it crime ,but we all know the truth don't we? Before the election there was drug dealers behind every tree,they must have all left the county because of the new sheriff in town,I haven't heard or read about even one arrest.Looks as if the lawenforcement is the only ones you have to worry about committing serious crimes in Murray County.Maybe someone might get drunk every 4or5 years and kill their best friend or someone just like them ,in most cases they are still lying there passed out ,how big of a crime fighting plan do we need to walk up and put handcuffs on him or her.You have been watching to much tv,take time out and get to know your neighbors,they might not be criminals after all.If you do indeed feel like you are in a criminal atmosphere,my suggestion would be quit going to church as that is where most criminals go in Murray County.
5ABasketballKING

Sylacauga, AL

#15 Jan 28, 2013
earl weaver wrote:
Thats funny that you think this way over simple traffic violations...keep in mind Earl that it was also a patrolman that stopped ted bundy and timothy mcviegh for simple traffic violations!!! Sounds to me youre one of them that likes to run 70 in a 55 mph. We will see how you feel one day when the same type of simple minded person does the same causing a wreck that kills one of your family members....youll probably be the first in line screaming hang em high wont ya???
Doo

Dalton, GA

#16 Jan 28, 2013
I don't have a problem with them giving tickets for speeders and lanechangers without signals or people running stop signs. The law is the law. Just slow down and watch others pay. It's fun. Most people really do not respect our laws.
RESIDENT

United States

#17 Jan 28, 2013
Mrs MD wrote:
Most of them are...some are not. Just like many other departments.
earl weaver

Lexington, TN

#18 Jan 28, 2013
5ABasketballKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny that you think this way over simple traffic violations...keep in mind Earl that it was also a patrolman that stopped ted bundy and timothy mcviegh for simple traffic violations!!! Sounds to me youre one of them that likes to run 70 in a 55 mph. We will see how you feel one day when the same type of simple minded person does the same causing a wreck that kills one of your family members....youll probably be the first in line screaming hang em high wont ya???
Is this a serious post? 24 Years speeding has not been a problem in Murray County, no rash of accidents caused be speeding, pretty normal statistics compared to other Counties and now all of a sudden we are caught up in a crime wave of speeding because two ticket writers are in office and don't know anything else to do.
Just a bunch of fee grabbers taking money from people who will give us a reputation like Benton TN.
They can do as they wish but if the write tickets and take moeny out of the pockets of people already struggling for crappy little speeding tickets then they will be one termers.
Steve

Chatsworth, GA

#19 Jan 28, 2013
Doo wrote:
I don't have a problem with them giving tickets for speeders and lanechangers without signals or people running stop signs. The law is the law. Just slow down and watch others pay. It's fun. Most people really do not respect our laws.
The laws in the U S are made for Americans only .Why don"t they do their jobs and do something about the illegals in our country ?
No one is stopping them for breaking the law and there are thousands of them . If they are looking for something to do let them round the ones that are illegal and arrest them for breaking our laws ?
earl weaver

Lexington, TN

#20 Jan 29, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws in the U S are made for Americans only .Why don"t they do their jobs and do something about the illegals in our country ?
No one is stopping them for breaking the law and there are thousands of them . If they are looking for something to do let them round the ones that are illegal and arrest them for breaking our laws ?
Good post! let's see how tough the new Sheriff gets on the illegal Mex's.
If they would wait on Hwy 52 going toward Dalton every morning about 7 am they would see the Mexican 500. All the young illegals racing back toward Whitifeld County , zig zagging in and out of traffic.
The rule of law no longer exist in the USA because Law Enforcement ignores the illegals and they want to take money out of our pockets for stupid little speeding tickets. I already hearing people complaining about our new Gestapo and their tactics.
If election held today might be a different outcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NM Football 2014 (Apr '14) 4 hr former player 38
Two Thousand Years 4 hr probably 6
hot maried women (May '14) 20 hr stdstoproveit 12
chelsea cobb williams (Jul '13) 20 hr stdstoproveit 13
chatsworths biggest loser! Sat murraycity 13
Tired of everyone throwing rocks! Fri murraycity 2
play you pay Fri murraycity 4

Flood Watch for Murray County was issued at December 27 at 6:29PM EST

Chatsworth News Video

Chatsworth Dating