Murray County PreSchool
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Greenville, SC

#1 Nov 29, 2011
What's everyone's thoughts on preschools in this county? Any you can recommend? I've only eliminated one so far, and that's Childcare Network on Duvall road, but I honestly don't know enough about the rest of them.

Any advice parents?
elen

United States

#2 Nov 29, 2011
We love kiddie land! Cindy, the director, is great. The only complaint is that the class sizes are very large. They do make sure to add more workers in each class to make up for it. I think large class sizes would probably be a problem at most of them around here. I would pay extra if I could find one with smaller class sizes.
david

Byron, GA

#3 Dec 5, 2011
I think kiddie land has way to many children ! And they do have not very many out side toys for all those children. I guess (Free) is what everyone want when it comes to there children being kept?
How do they learn any thing ?

Since: Aug 09

Greenville, SC

#4 Dec 7, 2011
david wrote:
I think kiddie land has way to many children ! And they do have not very many out side toys for all those children. I guess (Free) is what everyone want when it comes to there children being kept?
How do they learn any thing ?
I already pay $250/week on daycare. I just want to find a good one.
elen

United States

#5 Dec 7, 2011
TheSmartGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I already pay $250/week on daycare. I just want to find a good one.
What daycare do you use?$250 a week is high for this area if that is for one child. I pay 100 at kiddie land. I would pay more for a good one.

Since: Aug 09

Greenville, SC

#6 Dec 8, 2011
elen wrote:
<quoted text>
What daycare do you use?$250 a week is high for this area if that is for one child. I pay 100 at kiddie land. I would pay more for a good one.
It's for 2 kids.
elen

Memphis, TN

#7 Dec 8, 2011
TheSmartGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's for 2 kids.
I was told today that the daycare off of north 411 is good. I can't remember the name, but it was Country....something. The class sizes are smaller and its only 85 a month for potty trained kids.
Really Like Countryside

Kingsport, TN

#8 Dec 8, 2011
elen wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told today that the daycare off of north 411 is good. I can't remember the name, but it was Country....something. The class sizes are smaller and its only 85 a month for potty trained kids.
Two of my grandchildren went there this summer. The people were great and the children loved it. I was also told by several teachers in the school system that it was easier to spot a child from Countryside because they were more than prepared when it came time to attend school
well...

Kersey, PA

#9 Dec 8, 2011
elen wrote:
<quoted text>I was told today that the daycare off of north 411 is good. I can't remember the name, but it was Country....something. The class sizes are smaller and its only 85 a month for potty trained kids.
85 month? Or 85 a week?
elen

Memphis, TN

#10 Dec 9, 2011
[QUOTE who="well..."]<qu oted text>
85 month? Or 85 a week?[/QUOTE]

Oops.....I meant a week. Lol I wish a month!
elen

Memphis, TN

#11 Dec 9, 2011
Ok did it again. A WEEK
well...

Dalton, GA

#12 Dec 9, 2011
elen wrote:
[QUOTE who="well..."]<qu oted text>
85 month? Or 85 a week?"

Oops.....I meant a week. Lol I wish a month!
I was going to say I will definitely be taking my 3 year old there. Lol!!
Been There

Byron, GA

#13 Dec 9, 2011
Really Like Countryside wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of my grandchildren went there this summer. The people were great and the children loved it. I was also told by several teachers in the school system that it was easier to spot a child from Countryside because they were more than prepared when it came time to attend school
The children are all together, and it is right next to the road, that really scared me. What if one of the children gets out by accident ?
well...

Canton, GA

#14 Dec 11, 2011
Been There wrote:
<quoted text>The children are all together, and it is right next to the road, that really scared me. What if one of the children gets out by accident ?
ok what daycare or school isn't next to a road??? Child care network is right in Duvall rd and so is kiddie land. You comment makes no sense. At the least they have a fence around their play area. I swear you can't make some people happy.
snakekiller

Dalton, GA

#15 Dec 11, 2011
Don't forget about the tunnels from the mine that come up from underground at all schools.On satanic days(check Their calender) the kids are fed forget the day drugs in their food and are brought under ground by the snakes.we wondered why our children couldn't remember what they had for lunch some days.
snake charmer

Doerun, GA

#16 Dec 12, 2011
snakekiller wrote:
Don't forget about the tunnels from the mine that come up from underground at all schools.On satanic days(check Their calender) the kids are fed forget the day drugs in their food and are brought under ground by the snakes.we wondered why our children couldn't remember what they had for lunch some days.
oh my ,do they they feed the children snakes there? Thats why they charge 85.00 a month and the kids don't want to remember what they ate! I bet those snakes come from the chicken houses behind that daycare.
MotherOfTwo

Chatsworth, GA

#17 Dec 13, 2011
TheSmartGuy wrote:
What's everyone's thoughts on preschools in this county? Any you can recommend? I've only eliminated one so far, and that's Childcare Network on Duvall road, but I honestly don't know enough about the rest of them.
Any advice parents?
My children went to Funtime Daycare in Eton. Wonderful group of women. I have never had a single complaint. And they are fairly priced. Around $100 a week.
Childcare Network

Dalton, GA

#18 Dec 22, 2011
I do want to say that my child goes to Childcare Network, and I am very proud of the progress she has made. I will admit I had heard some negative stuff about them, but apparently they have changed a lot in the years prior to her starting there. I am not originally from the area, so I do not know the reasons for all the negativity towards them. I have been happy with their daycare and now pre-k. I wouldn't automatically count it out.

Since: Aug 09

Greenville, SC

#19 Dec 23, 2011
Childcare Network wrote:
I do want to say that my child goes to Childcare Network, and I am very proud of the progress she has made. I will admit I had heard some negative stuff about them, but apparently they have changed a lot in the years prior to her starting there. I am not originally from the area, so I do not know the reasons for all the negativity towards them. I have been happy with their daycare and now pre-k. I wouldn't automatically count it out.
I went there as a kid, and HATED it. I have absolutely no desire to send my children there.
Preschools

Dalton, GA

#20 Jan 14, 2012
TheSmartGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I went there as a kid, and HATED it. I have absolutely no desire to send my children there.
Childcare Network has only been around in Murray County for the past 2-3 years. How did you go there as a child? It was owned locally up until 3 years ago and then was sold to this company who is a national chain. They have also gone through several directors since they took over.

In regards to KiddieLand, HOw do they learn? Very well! My child has gone there since he was 13 months old, which was 3 years ago. He was saying his a.b.c's before he was 2 and could recognize his own name when he was 3. None of the other centers have the cirriculum or class room schedule like Kiddie Land. Cindy is great and will work with anyone, I'm not sure where the "free" comment comes into play. BUt there are an equal number of childcare subsidized families at ALL the area daycare facilities.

Instead of making random assumptions about local providers go to the State Agency website and read the state reports for yourself.

decal.ga.gov - educate yourselves and stop making opiniated remarks and acting like they are the gospel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kemp: "Murray County is my special interest group" 51 min Skank Sinatra 2
Marquis Ind Bad decision to hire Kevin Howel 53 min Skank Sinatra 2
looking to know Sun Burnt Renolds 61
reward stolen Z52 encore zero turn mower Sun Urnist Angley 8
You can't help people on meth Sat Come on 15
Murray Sheriff Chief Deputy Dec 8 Pacheco1 33
taxes Dec 8 Where is the honesty 32

Chatsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chatsworth Mortgages