Posted in the Chatsworth Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
RESIDENT

United States

#1 Jan 26, 2013
Rachel Brown rachelbrown@daltoncitizen.com
Murray County Chief Magistrate Gale Buckner said none of her office staff personally notified her on Friday they were quitting, but she assumes that’s what happened given that all their personal belongings are gone.

Employees Virginia Rector, Sonia Petty and Yesenia Galvin had notified County Attorney Greg Kinnamon through their attorneys days earlier they planned to quit on Friday unless officials took “corrective action” against their boss, who they said was inequitably enforcing a new dress code and job responsibilities and treating them in a way that made them feel “bullied.”

Buckner said she was on the phone when the women left at the end of the business day Friday, but none of the staff spoke to her earlier in the day about their plans. They did take their personal belongings with them, she said, and they indicated on their time sheets they would not be working next week.

“All I can tell you is that I surmise that they are gone,” she said.“There was no resignation tendered by any of them to me or to our county attorney. No one still has said to me that they are not returning next week.”

McCracken Poston, one of the attorneys for the women, said his clients seem “relieved” not to be working there anymore.

“They are all individually relieved to be away from the pressure and somewhat bizarre actions of the new judge,” he said.

Poston and attorney Stuart F. James said earlier Buckner had told one woman her blouse was too low-cut but said nothing to another employee wearing a similar neckline, appointed one employee to keep a citizen from “cornering” her, was assigning menial work, and was lowering morale by telling at least one employee she would be getting a pay raise while others would not.

Buckner declined to discuss individual staff members’ situations but did say she is having everyone, including herself, learn to do all the duties in the office so workers can cover for one another as people are absent. She said she also put a place a dress code modeled after policies other offices like hers have and is in the process of writing job descriptions.

No job openings had been posted on the county’s website as of 5:30 p.m. Friday. Buckner said she couldn’t immediately discuss details of how the office will be staffed next week, but she said the services it provides will go on.

“The business of this court for the people of Murray County will continue without a glitch,” she said.

The women recently received a right to sue notice from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) after they complained of having to work in a “hostile, sexually-charged work environment” under their former boss, then-chief magistrate Bryant Cochran. Cochran has denied sexual allegations several different women have levied against him, but he resigned amid an ethics investigation and admitted he pre-signed — but never issued — a handful of warrants.
DAN

Dalton, GA

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Now you can see what happens when you take all of the toys away from women,looks like they are in all reality missing their "male""STUD "Judge.
Amazing

United States

#3 Jan 26, 2013
We could not make this stuff up . I do not know anyone involved. However, I find it strange that these woman could tolerate all they said they endured with ex judge Cochran and remain at work. Now, they have a new Judge , doing what should have been done years ago, and they have to resign! or should I say just ...leave.
Murray

Dalton, GA

#4 Jan 26, 2013
Their gonna sit back and wait for a settlement which will never happen. They quit so that means no unemployment either. They're screwed!
Murray

Dalton, GA

#5 Jan 26, 2013
Murray wrote:
Their gonna sit back and wait for a settlement which will never happen. They quit so that means no unemployment either. They're screwed!
*They're
MCG

United States

#6 Jan 26, 2013
Murray wrote:
They will probley still get little money, but it will take them a while, Murray will fight them in court now instead of settling
ugotta bkidding

Ellijay, GA

#7 Jan 27, 2013
in other words, a new person came in and set up standards geared towards establishing a professional, respectable atmosphere in..... om_f-ing_g..... A COURT SYSTEM? How DARE the beach?!?!?!?!

If I were the ones so mortally offended, I'd sue for her first and last born. Screw the ones in between, they probably deserve her.

I just never in all MY born days. Will the insanity NEVER cease?!?!?!
Crazy

Brooks, GA

#8 Jan 27, 2013
But having a long affair with Bryant for a while then turning around and telling on him and telling the lies.. Virginia enjoyed having sex with Bryant, and she would get so jealous when he flirted with other women and seeing other women.. He started showing Virginia less attention and it really pissed her off when he started having a affair with Dana Burch.. So when the thing happen with the Garmley Chic, Virginia seen easy money and wanted to get back at the Judge..
Now I do believed Bryant maybe have acted flirted and joked around with Sonya & the other woman, but they should of came forward way before now if it was that bad.. And leaving their job now looks like Bryant wasn't so bad after all or they would of let then..
All I can say is if them ladies besides Virginia deserves settlement then so be it..
But the Virginia woman needs to be looked into, investigated or something, a person that has a sexually relationship with a man should not be allowed to sue.. They should be something done to her, That's lying to get a settlement..
DAN

Chatsworth, GA

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Crazy wrote:
But having a long affair with Bryant for a while then turning around and telling on him and telling the lies.. Virginia enjoyed having sex with Bryant, and she would get so jealous when he flirted with other women and seeing other women.. He started showing Virginia less attention and it really pissed her off when he started having a affair with Dana Burch.. So when the thing happen with the Garmley Chic, Virginia seen easy money and wanted to get back at the Judge..
Now I do believed Bryant maybe have acted flirted and joked around with Sonya & the other woman, but they should of came forward way before now if it was that bad.. And leaving their job now looks like Bryant wasn't so bad after all or they would of let then..
All I can say is if them ladies besides Virginia deserves settlement then so be it..
But the Virginia woman needs to be looked into, investigated or something, a person that has a sexually relationship with a man should not be allowed to sue.. They should be something done to her, That's lying to get a settlement..
"yes"on your back or on your knees,maybe she should sue Bryant for not doing a good job but not Murray County.If all of these women hated Bryant so much ,why are we only hearing about it at this time,do they smell money or are they missing Bryant that bad.Don't get me wrong I think he is guilty as charged and most likely of a lot more that he will never be charged with ,if the rest of the women that have been done wrong don't come foward.A lot of them that fell for all of his help in court,will never come forward because it says a lot more about them than it does him,we already know about him ,but we will never know about them,guess they will just have to go unpaid for their services.
wonderer

Sale Creek, TN

#10 Jan 27, 2013
I just wonder,if the county has a dress code for all employes?Ive never seen these Ladies that Quit their jobs.My understand,they work down stairs,underneath the Commissioners Office. But Ive been in the Annex Building before, up stairs.Paying property taxes,tags for my vehicle.And Ive seen at times,A Ladie,not saying she worked in the tag office. Having a low cut blouse on.I Believe,as Women,We need to Dress like a Ladie.County Employes need to respect, where they are working at.This County has had enough going on with Sexual Harrasments, for to long.Im sure, theres been some we havent heard about, and even bullying.I hope our new commisioner will take care of all the unessary things,thats been going on in this County.
Crazy

Brooks, GA

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Virginia would dress like "Look at me!!! Low cut shirt always.. The other two dressed casual.. When a place gets new management things change that's just part of it..
But these ladies got by so much with Bryant that when knew came in to take over they couldn't handle it..
What's so funny is I heard these ladies say the reason they didn't come forward before is because they was afraid of loosing their jobs... Hahaha YEA RIGHT!!! If that was the case they wouldn't of left.. It literally makes me sick at my stomach.. When the world got out about the Garmley girl I felt the same way because she didn't come forward at first, but then when the real story came out I understood it and now I am on her side especially the way they did her by setting her up..
But these 3 office quitters I don't see how they could even think about coming forward after waiting like they did, and Virginia should be a dam shame I mean sleep with the man then turn around and want money.. I like to know how Shalina is dealing with all this., I mean so many women he cheated on her with.. 2 long affairs Virginia, and Dana Burch and several more..
ugotta bkidding

Ellijay, GA

#12 Jan 27, 2013
wonderer wrote:
I just wonder,if the county has a dress code for all employes?Ive never seen these Ladies that Quit their jobs.My understand,they work down stairs,underneath the Commissioners Office. But Ive been in the Annex Building before, up stairs.Paying property taxes,tags for my vehicle.And Ive seen at times,A Ladie,not saying she worked in the tag office. Having a low cut blouse on.I Believe,as Women,We need to Dress like a Ladie.County Employes need to respect, where they are working at.This County has had enough going on with Sexual Harrasments, for to long.Im sure, theres been some we havent heard about, and even bullying.I hope our new commisioner will take care of all the unessary things,thats been going on in this County.
exactly. more taxpaying citizens need to speak up like this. you are these people's employers, ALL OF THEM including the ones that pitched their little tantrums. probably wouldn't hurt for those who respect RESPECT to contact the new boss in town and let her know you have her back :)
hmmm

Dalton, GA

#13 Jan 27, 2013
wonderer wrote:
This same one is on facebook. You would think she was posing for VOGUE!rolmao
citizen

Dalton, GA

#14 Jan 27, 2013
Something needs to be done about all of this or else us citizens of murray are going to be paying for crap like this forever.
fed up

San Jose, CA

#15 Jan 28, 2013
why should the tax payers pick up the tab for the three ladies suits? If they was respectful women they would have put cochran on the floor.And then took pictures with their cell phones and took him for a ride. They would not have a problem with dress code.And a real woman would not put her business on the front page.and how long did they work there. party is over
fed up

San Jose, CA

#16 Jan 28, 2013
what does the husband of three ladies have to say, about all this
dummy

Sevierville, TN

#17 Jan 28, 2013
fed up wrote:
what does the husband of three ladies have to say, about all this
who cares just pay your taxes and live with it or move
dummy

Sevierville, TN

#18 Jan 28, 2013
fed up wrote:
why should the tax payers pick up the tab for the three ladies suits? If they was respectful women they would have put cochran on the floor.And then took pictures with their cell phones and took him for a ride. They would not have a problem with dress code.And a real woman would not put her business on the front page.and how long did they work there. party is over
tax payers vote these people in office and that is why taxpayers are liable you really need to think before you speak
ugotta bkidding

Ellijay, GA

#19 Jan 28, 2013
dummy wrote:
tax payers vote these people in office and that is why taxpayers are liable you really need to think before you speak
^^^^ UGOTTA be one of them.

that's... that's some serious indignation. that's somebody thinks they got themselves a dog right in the middle of this fight is what that is right there.

"that is why taxpayers are liable"

yeah, i'd be willing to bet taxpayers are liable.......

liable to come out in throngs in support of the new lady in town who's taking proactive steps to up the level of professionalism in their halls of justice.
raymond

Sevierville, TN

#21 Jan 29, 2013
ugotta bkidding wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^^ UGOTTA be one of them.
that's... that's some serious indignation. that's somebody thinks they got themselves a dog right in the middle of this fight is what that is right there.
"that is why taxpayers are liable"
yeah, i'd be willing to bet taxpayers are liable.......
liable to come out in throngs in support of the new lady in town who's taking proactive steps to up the level of professionalism in their halls of justice.
women should of been in charge along time ago I actually agree with you the voters finally got it right this time lots of men around here need serious help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chatsworth 5 hr you to me 3
Another Ice Age 7 hr dooley 5
How about Murray County Department of Family an... (Jun '10) 13 hr Melony 61
First Baptist and Hollycreek Baptist 15 hr Daisy 80
post office Tue you to me 2
Climate Change Mon dooley 5
Murray County School System May 4 north bound 3
More from around the web

Chatsworth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE